POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my pop up pantry update. I posted on their facebook wall that I wasn't able to use the coupon code. They requested that I email their support desk. I did that on Dec 5th and STILL haven't heard back. A few days later, I emailed pop sugar about the issue and here was their response:

Hi Meagan,

Thank you for your email and I would like to apologize that PopUp Pantry is no longer honoring their voucher. Unfortunately now that we are well into December there is little we can do to enforce this and we would like to sincerely apologize that you were not able to use your voucher. We hope you have been having a wonderful Holiday season and please know that should you choose to resubscribe with us there are sure to be many more fun treats to try!

Happy Holidays

POPSUGAR Support

--

I'm not sure if they weren't helpful because I canceled my subscription or not. But this is ridiculous! Especially since I only got the code at the end of October!
I emailed PopSugar as well when Pop-Up Pantry was being so inconsistent - I didn't even want to deal with Pop Up Pantry after that and hearing that their meals weren't even that great.  I sent PopSugar a note mostly to tell them what was going on and that it was disappointing.  My response was similar - they apologized and said that it was pretty much out of their hands, but (I guess because I am still a subscriber) she offered me some goodies to make up for it (I don't know what, and nothing has shipped yet but it hasn't been very long).  It doesn't seem fair not to do more for you just because you cancelled your subscription - you still paid for or earned the box with the Pop-Up Pantry code and they should rectify that (especially when they throw in the bit about you resubscribing - they need to give you a reason to want to resub!)

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That Pop Up Pantry thing makes me SO MAD. You guys didn't did not get an expiration date on the code; therefore, they cannot say it is expired. What terrible business practices!
Very poor business practices.  To send a card out that says nothing about "October only!" and not listing an expiration date ... even if it wasn't their intent to honor it longer, it's bad PR to not only tell people they can't use it, but to be so inconsistent with the way they are handling inquiries about it.  You would think it would be better on their bottom line to have all of these free meals spread over a few months rather than hundreds (thousands? idk) of free meals ordered in a short period of time.  Not to mention how many meals were sold out before many people had even received their PopSugar box.  Surely PopSugar told them how many subscribers would be receiving the code?  And they had a bit of notice?  Pop-Up Pantry does not seem like they were prepared at all for handling the promotion.  I'm just glad that it didn't cost me any money to find out that this is NOT a company that I want to do business with.  

I think all of the negative reviews of Pop Up Pantry contributed to them not honoring the coupons longer. I'm sure that they gave the codes out hoping to get subscribers, but it all turned into a bit of a fiasco for them.  Clearly there wasn't a lot of overlap between PopSugar subscribers and people who loved their meals and would buy them (at least here on MUT).  If less complaining had happened, or if there had been even one positive review, they might have honored the codes for longer.  I do think that companies give their goods to PopSugar (free or greatly discounted) hoping for great reviews and purchases.  While we should all be honest in our beliefs and reviews, clamoring on a bandwagon of hating a company that sent out a code months ago and is no longer honoring it doesn't help PopSugar be able to get great things for us in the future. 

I emailed PopSugar as well when Pop-Up Pantry was being so inconsistent - I didn't even want to deal with Pop Up Pantry after that and hearing that their meals weren't even that great.  I sent PopSugar a note mostly to tell them what was going on and that it was disappointing.  My response was similar - they apologized and said that it was pretty much out of their hands, but (I guess because I am still a subscriber) she offered me some goodies to make up for it (I don't know what, and nothing has shipped yet but it hasn't been very long).  It doesn't seem fair not to do more for you just because you cancelled your subscription - you still paid for or earned the box with the Pop-Up Pantry code and they should rectify that (especially when they throw in the bit about you resubscribing - they need to give you a reason to want to resub!)
I think that's kinda crappy that they are doing something extra for you because you are currently a subscriber. I'm going to email them back and see if there is anything they will do for me. I posted ANOTHER message on pop-up pantry's facebook page stating that I emailed their customer service Dec 5th and no one has gotten back to me and got a reply to PM them. I'll let you know if anything come from it (highly doubtful).

I got a reply back from pop sugar yesterday. Here is what they said:

Hi Meagan,

Thank you for your email and please know that this feedback is not falling on deaf ears. Since our customers' experiences have been less than positive with PopUp Pantry, we have been working hard to ensure that all of the coupons we include have all the necessary information included on them. Again, I would like to apologize that you are not able to redeem your PopUp Pantry coupon and aside from having you email them to see if they can offer you a discount, which you have already done, there is not much we can to to enforce this. Since your experience with the PopUp Pantry voucher has been so negative, I would be more than happy to ship you a package of goodies for this disappointment. Can you please confirm your address for me?

Thank you!
POPSUGAR Support

---

So hopefully in the future, expiration dates won't be a problem. I'm still trying to work with pop-up pantry. If I get anywhere, I will post it.

Did the people who emailed to cancel stylemint subs all get an emailed response?  I emailed to cancel weeks ago and have not heard anything.

I also have the Canvas Pop code and two different RTR codes. One is from Birchbox. Willing to trade too.

I am not sure how many of you still have your stylemint credit from November but I wanted to let you know of a great way to spend it I just stumbled on today. InitMint is offering mystery boxes for $19.99 that include at least 4 panties and up to 10! Then there is a 60% off every item promotion going on at IntiMint. To use a credit you have to use it in full so:

4 IntiMint Mystery Box at $20 each = $80

60% off each item brings it down to = $32

$30 StyleMint Credit from PS brings my grand total down to 

$2!!! For at least 16 items!

Originally Posted by katieann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not sure how many of you still have your stylemint credit from November but I wanted to let you know of a great way to spend it I just stumbled on today. InitMint is offering mystery boxes for $19.99 that include at least 4 panties and up to 10! Then there is a 60% off every item promotion going on at IntiMint. To use a credit you have to use it in full so:

4 IntiMint Mystery Box at $20 each = $80

60% off each item brings it down to = $32

$30 StyleMint Credit from PS brings my grand total down to 

$2!!! For at least 16 items!
That's an amazing deal! I wish I had waited to use my code! My stylemint mystery box is STILL a week later. I'm in no real rush to receive it, but I also don't appreciate it taking so long to ship out.

Again if anyone still have their SM code I would be willing to trade it for my canvas pop and both RTR codes I have!

Edit: Just tried to do this deal anyway ($32 is such a steal) and it wont allow me to use the promo code of 60% off.

Originally Posted by brokenship /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's an amazing deal! I wish I had waited to use my code! My stylemint mystery box is STILL a week later. I'm in no real rush to receive it, but I also don't appreciate it taking so long to ship out.

Again if anyone still have their SM code I would be willing to trade it for my canvas pop and both RTR codes I have!

Edit: Just tried to do this deal anyway ($32 is such a steal) and it wont allow me to use the promo code of 60% off.
Blah that sucks. I figured they would catch on and fix it quickly. I did it the instant I got the mystery box email.

I just got a survey from Pop-Up Pantry regarding my opinions and why I cancelled.... I almost didn't fill it out just to not help them out....Also none of their choices about where I heard it included PopSugar or subscription service or coupon etc. So I put down "from a friend" and then put down PopSugar in the box below. I mean you are all my "friends" sorta and I did hear about it here too. I gave them honest answers and just told them what I really thought. Seems they are aware of some of our concerns: Non Eco friendly packaging, preparation difficulty, customer service, price etc.

I finally have all my Jewelmint items.  Perhaps someone can help me identify one of the items.  I received two stylemint credits so with one I purchased a bracelet and a pair of drop earrings using their 2 for 1 code.  The earrings were $60 and the bracelet was $30 so $90 in total.  I ended up paying $30 out of pocket.  I'm okay with that because I really love the earrings.

I've never posted pictures so here goes nothing...

With the next credit I purchased their winter mystery box. 

The earrings aren't necessarily my style but I can work with them.  The necklace is cute but I'll never wear it.  I guess it will go up for trade.  The hair comb is okay but I'll never wear that either, I suppose I would trade that too.  The next items is where things get tricky.

I don't know what this is but I think it's butt ugly.  Its not a necklace because the ends are loose and as you can see each end has like tassles on them.  It's long like a scarf.  I just don't know.  What do you guys think?

I finally have all my Jewelmint items.  Perhaps someone can help me identify one of the items.  I received two stylemint credits so with one I purchased a bracelet and a pair of drop earrings using their 2 for 1 code.  The earrings were $60 and the bracelet was $30 so $90 in total.  I ended up paying $30 out of pocket.  I'm okay with that because I really love the earrings. I've never posted pictures so here goes nothing... With the next credit I purchased their winter mystery box.  The earrings aren't necessarily my style but I can work with them.  The necklace is cute but I'll never wear it.  I guess it will go up for trade.  The hair comb is okay but I'll never wear that either, I suppose I would trade that too.  The next items is where things get tricky. I don't know what this is but I think it's butt ugly.  Its not a necklace because the ends are loose and as you can see each end has like tassles on them.  It's long like a scarf.  I just don't know.  What do you guys think?
I believe that's a belt. Their belts don't really look like belts, and that looks like what they list as belts.

I finally have all my Jewelmint items.  Perhaps someone can help me identify one of the items.  I received two stylemint credits so with one I purchased a bracelet and a pair of drop earrings using their 2 for 1 code.  The earrings were $60 and the bracelet was $30 so $90 in total.  I ended up paying $30 out of pocket.  I'm okay with that because I really love the earrings. I've never posted pictures so here goes nothing... With the next credit I purchased their winter mystery box.  The earrings aren't necessarily my style but I can work with them.  The necklace is cute but I'll never wear it.  I guess it will go up for trade.  The hair comb is okay but I'll never wear that either, I suppose I would trade that too.  The next items is where things get tricky. I don't know what this is but I think it's butt ugly.  Its not a necklace because the ends are loose and as you can see each end has like tassles on them.  It's long like a scarf.  I just don't know.  What do you guys think?
It is the Sahara Blush Belt. Here is their description: This knotted, blush-colored belt instantly pulls together any outfit. The 95†threaded accessory features tassel detail and Moroccan inspired beads for a free-spirited look. Wear it through summer with colorful tunic tops, floor grazing maxis, and swinging skirts for a beautiful silhouette and stylish nomadic movement.

I stillDepartment have a canvas pop code that i am willing to trade for well anything. Pm me. Also the rtr code from december.

I was going to take the plunge and redeem my Stylemint code but when I did and entered all my CC info I keep getting an error saying "Unable to authorize credit card", anyone else had this problem with them? 

I was going to take the plunge and redeem my Stylemint code but when I did and entered all my CC info I keep getting an error saying "Unable to authorize credit card", anyone else had this problem with them?   
A lot of us had this problem- somewhere within this forum there's pages of us all talking about it. I called them and they couldn't really help- they told me to try a different a different browser- bc I was using my iPad. I tried all my credit cards and then eventually found one that worked in their system- I think it was my debit card that eventually worked. Oh and if for some reason you decided you want to trade your stylemint code- lmk :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of us had this problem- somewhere within this forum there's pages of us all talking about it. I called them and they couldn't really help- they told me to try a different a different browser- bc I was using my iPad. I tried all my credit cards and then eventually found one that worked in their system- I think it was my debit card that eventually worked.

Oh and if for some reason you decided you want to trade your stylemint code- lmk
biggrin.gif
Ugh that sounds like such a hassle I have only had this happen one other time and it was becuase the site was on a list of sites that my CC company didn't authorize or some mumbo jumbo. It's too much of a headache for me to deal with I only have the one card /sigh! I will PM you my code, I don't want anything in return for it 
santa.gif

Latest posts

Back