Question on Luminess Air Airbrush cosmetic system

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does look so great! I wonder if you could use mineral makeup mixed with something (water?) in the airbrush or would that clog it? Well, as much as I want it there probably isn't a chance what with it costing over 2oo dollars.
frown.gif

So the darn thing finally was delivered about 3 days ago. I used it and I'm liking it, but I will be returning it
smile.gif
I don't like their warranty and I hate the fact that they're forcing their customers to use only their makeup. I don't think it's very smart marketing. However, it does look pretty nice. I've been using it, and the coverage is nice, but it feels kind of sticky...I guess that's how it stays on longer. I think you can get a cheaper set if you do your research and buy a cheaper compressor and a cheaper airbrush.

I've already called in to get a return number and have made an online order for the Iwata Smart Jet and the Iwata Eclipse. I called to see if I was allowed to use other types of make up besides Temptu and they said it was fine. I also asked for their warranty and it was a one year warranty. All this is enough to give me a piece of mind. What was nice, when I called they said they would throw in a demo kit for me for 12 shades of foundation. The bad thing was they forgot to send it to me, so when I called to see if my stuff shipped they told me that the next order I make they would send me the foundation...=P Luckily I wanted blush anyway so I ordered blush and they will be sending me my blush with my foundation set so I could use it when my Iwata's come!
smile.gif

It's my pleasure
smile.gif
Just trying to be helpful like everyone else in MUT. Gotta show the love hehe

My husband bought me Luminess Air for Christmas. I was very skeptical, mostly because it seemed very labor intensive and expensive. Boy, was I wrong. Once I got it set up (about 1/2 hr of watching the DVD and playing around with the machine), it became easier and easier to use. Now I get my foundation and blush on in about 1 minute flat. I've read other reviews that people say it's hard to use to get the promised results, but I don't think so. I do use a couple more drops than what they recommend, but I like a little heavier coverage.

It is a bit expensive to buy, but so much more hygienic (sp?) than slathering on foundation with fingers or sponges. I've asked friends and family what they think and they say it looks much more natural than the foundation/powder combo I used to wear.

It does take a few times to get the hang of it... I've found that it works better for me to apply the blush first rather than last. It's too easy to get way too much on when it's last and you can't really fix it except to start all over. If I put it on first, I can blend it a little with my fingers and then it blends well once the foundation is over the top of it.

Hope this is informative for anyone who's been curious.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aataszi /img/forum/go_quote.gif This does look so great! I wonder if you could use mineral makeup mixed with something (water?) in the airbrush or would that clog it? Well, as much as I want it there probably isn't a chance what with it costing over 2oo dollars.
frown.gif
Isn't there a foundation that looks similar without the price?

I haven't tried any others. It does last a long time though. Of course, I use more drops than they say, maybe 8 or 9. Let me know if you find any better please.

Oh also, I am not worried about clogging it since it says you can clean it with alcohol and take the end out and clean it. It looks like the same airbrush type that artists use to me. I am not worried about the warranty though like some say they are.

when i took the air brush class from Kett, the difference was discussed. Basically, the ones used my MUA in general are dual action. A press of the button and air blows then pressing a bit more or a bit differently, the makeup comes out. With the Luminess it blows the air and product when you press the button. I think that it is at a low PSI as well, but hey my system blows at a low PSI as well. But that is now big deal in fact I was told for makeup a low PSI was very good.

I just bought one couple of weeks ago. I love it! I do however suggest that if you like max coverage, this is not for you. Airbrushing it seems only sprays a very fine mist of mineral make-up. I like complete coverage, so this was a small letdown. The upside is if you use a concealer on your bad spots first, it will look great. It also does a great job of preventing that make-up mask as you can cover clear down to your waist if ya want,LOL. I love the blush, as it gives you a glow instead of a streak across you cheeks like powder blush. I am newbie here but I love all kinds of make-up, so I hope to see all yall around for awhile!!!

Originally Posted by evenflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought one couple of weeks ago. I love it! I do however suggest that if you like max coverage, this is not for you. Airbrushing it seems only sprays a very fine mist of mineral make-up. I like complete coverage, so this was a small letdown. The upside is if you use a concealer on your bad spots first, it will look great. It also does a great job of preventing that make-up mask as you can cover clear down to your waist if ya want,LOL. I love the blush, as it gives you a glow instead of a streak across you cheeks like powder blush. I am newbie here but I love all kinds of make-up, so I hope to see all yall around for awhile!!! I found the same thing with the Luminess makeup, but I have purchased others (I purchased my Luminess off of eBay so I am not worried about the warranty), I like the 02 cosmetics airbrush makeup line, it has better coverage, they have the water based and silicone. Also, check out the dinair airbrush site, they have wonderful products. Not too worried about using other makeups in the Luminess, the airbrush is just the same as others, very easy to take apart and clean, you can always replace the pins, and the unit is just an air compressor, putting different makeup in doesn't have anything to do with that. They just say that so they make more money, they would never really know if you used a different makeup, it only touches the actual spray gun which only consists of a couple pieces and a pin. Anyway, I REALLY love my luminess though, and the makeup, but like I said, you are right about THEIR makeup, they have the water based mineral makeup and it is a shear cover.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hey Sheila, what is the 02 cosmetics and where do you purchase? is it better coverage than luminess? i like their make-up, but just not the coverage I want. I am very new to this so I know almost nothing, do tell all!!!!! I love these boards, i just purchased monastat anti-chafing gel, that I read about in another thread, it is used as a primer, can't wait to try it tomorrow b-4 putting on the luminess. I know, sounds yuk, but this stuff has the exact same ingredients as some very high priced primers, and NOTHING else, but at 7 dollars, who can resist? i gave it a feel, and it is sooooooo smooth.

Originally Posted by evenflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif hey Sheila, what is the 02 cosmetics and where do you purchase? is it better coverage than luminess? i like their make-up, but just not the coverage I want. I am very new to this so I know almost nothing, do tell all!!!!! I love these boards, i just purchased monastat anti-chafing gel, that I read about in another thread, it is used as a primer, can't wait to try it tomorrow b-4 putting on the luminess. I know, sounds yuk, but this stuff has the exact same ingredients as some very high priced primers, and NOTHING else, but at 7 dollars, who can resist? i gave it a feel, and it is sooooooo smooth. I'm new too, but loving it!!! You can get the 02 cosmetics at (they won't let me post any links yet, I have to be 10 posts)... Hang on...

Originally Posted by kshelia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm new too, but loving it!!! You can get the 02 cosmetics at (they won't let me post any links yet, I have to be 10 posts)... Hang on... You can get it aaaaattttt......
I just need one more post?

Okay, I'll get creative... You'll have to type it in to search:

type in the http: // w w w. 02cosmetics. com /Airbrush_Cosmetics_makeup_s/2.htm (without the spaces of course)

I have also found it on eBay, but the price was actually the same as the website.

Avoid!

I got the system and tried it several times. I really wanted to use it for my wedding, but could not get it to look right. The instructional DVD wasn't very useful.

Customer service was high pressure when I called to return it. I had to say several times "No, I just want to return the system." before they would let me get my authorization number.

The return process is very detailed, and they want you to know that they are looking for reasons to deduct from your purchase price. GRRRRRRR.

I am going back to my powder make-up that I have used for years.

I registered with Make Up Talk to reply to this post, because I when I Googled it before I bought it I found this thread. I am sorry I didn't really read through some of the comments.

Hi, I was reading your thread and I had to post this. Check this review out before you buy it:

Mmm- it won't let me post links because I am new. So, search using Google- "Luminess Air" and "Infomercial Ratings"

It seems like a bad deal overall. However, I also checked out the Temptu system that was mentioned earlier in the post. It looks like the way to go. I am a bit of a makeup addict- (my Prescriptions and Origins counter girls have my number on speed dial and we go out together)- and I love to try new things. So, when I have the cash- I am just going to try out this system. The site seems a lot more reputable.

Search Google for "Temptu"

P.S.- I agree that the spamming seemed ridiculously obvious. I actually registered for this site once I saw that you were not getting many decent answers. Also, thank you to the woman that suggested Temptu- it looks like the best solution for me.

First of all, it advertises as the makeup that is used by professionals, and after practicing with it for a few weeks I am convienced. I honestly have to say that it did take pratice to learn how to use, and may trips to youtube to watch the training videos, but I am blown away with the results. It is more expensive than buying your makeup at a drug store or wal mart, and if that is what you are looking to spend I would not suggest that you order this as this is a quality and professional product. It did however take me about a week to learn how to use, and that was the biggest con. This application was totaly different than what I was use to with my bare minerals swirl, tab, and brush. This is an airbrush system, not the can from dior that says airbrush ( I tried it, liked it, but this is waaaay better), this is a professional makeup machine!!!! Men have their machines, now we have ours! It was worth every penny that I spent, and the time that I spent practiving and playing (and I say playing becuase it was FUN!) I love this product--the way it applies, the way it feels, the way it wears, and how FLAWLESS my skin looks!!!! (FYI- go easy on the blush I started to mix a few drops of foundation in with it.) I do not look dry, I do not look cakey, I do not look "made up". I now have the look of airbrush perfection, of perfect skin!

This is a fantastic and flawless way to apply your makeup!

This is a fantastic and flawless way to apply your makeup!

Luminess Air Cares About it's Customers! At Luminess Air we make it our mission to provide excellent customer service and superior quality! We have a dedicated team ready to answer any questions that you may have, and have never hired anyone to post blogs. I came onto the site to see what you, the consumer, thought about the product and I can guarantee you that we are reputable and that we will be around for a long time to come, as we are the number one selling and performing airbrush cosmetic line! I would love for you to call one of my dedicated customer service representatives so that we may ensure that you are well taken care of. Please call 877-749-5777! Take care! Heather K. Luminess Air

Back