Question on Luminess Air Airbrush cosmetic system

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is When I USED TO work for an Airbrush Company Obvious Luminess Competitor we got soooooooo sooooo soooo many ppl that used to call and COMPLAIN how "We" took their Money how "We" charged the full amount but only promised to first charge half how "We" lied about our product LOL & "how "we" totally were not professional And made everything seem great on the Infomercial...................lol "WE" always had to say "Sorry WE dont have an informercial your thinking of LUMINES" They always got so embarrassed but many would call back and order from us I personally have called luminess as well and it took forever to get some answeres unless i said I wanted to BUY something than all of a sudden noone was busy anymore Not to mention they all had very broken english!! And when I asked them about DINAIR & TEMPTU they LIED and said DINAIR HAD SYLICONE in their makeup (NOT TRUE) & said that temptus Makeup melts off (NOT TRUE) At our Airbrush Company we only stated truth & never made up lies about another company just make a sale

Superior Quality Great Customer Service

Luminess Air has never lied about other airbrush cosmetic lines, or prentended to be someone else on a blog. I represented myself from the very beginning stating who I was, I want women to know that we are here and that we do care about making you look and feel beautiful, and to answer your statement MsMakeupbyMonet (please view her previous blogs) yes other airbrush cosmetics do have both silicone and water based formula, Luminess Air only uses water based formulas. Luminess Air outsold and outperformed their predecessors Temptu and Dinair within the first month, we never lied about the performance of our product, and you should know that working with any airbrush takes some practice to learn how to use, and with practice every woman can have that flawless skin and we have learned that it takes the average woman about 3 trys to learn how to airbrush their foundation. I would also like to add that Luminess air has made an airbrush system that weighs less than 1.5lbs, that is quite when you turn it on, that is economical, and is practical for every woman to have on their makeup vanity. This is not about Brand A vs Brand B, this is about making women look and feel beautiful! Why would you even call Luminess Air and check us out if believed we were an inferior product that provided inferior support, it is almost like you were on an espinioge mission. Please, Contact the Luminess Air Customer Care for Answers to your questions. Honestly, we all want the new and improved and Luminess Air provides that. Contact Luminess Customer Care at 877-749-5777 we want to ensure that your questions are meet and that you are well taken care of and if you want ask to speak with Heather.

Well Im just stating True Events that happened I personally Heard and Recieved Many Many Many Complaints About Luminess !! And I know for a Fact Dinair does NOT have sylicone makeup ITS ALL water based I know the makers & The manufacturers!!! Im not Saying Dinair is BETter Im just stating it does not have sylicone Temptu yes does have it & they state so!!! I called Because I believe in Researching for my self not just by whatever A Person says I bein a Makeup artist tried & have called Dinair, temptu luminess, OCC , Graftobian etc I have to use the best & know whats out there I dont believe in ONE Brand being superior to another!! I can Airbrush With Many products & get good results But That doesnt change the fact That I did call & had many issues with luminess Workers Not being available, Broken english, & lies & One Company MAY HAVE the best SALES but it doesnt mean they also dont have the BEST Returns
smile.gif

Where you mistaken?

Luminess never has claimed or claims that Dinair has silcone based makeup, but that other airbrush cosmetic lines are either water or silcone based, and that all luminess air cosmetics are water based. I am sorry to hear that while your where investigating Luminess Air, for personal matters of corse, you did not receive that excellent customer service that we pride outselves on! Also, in refrence to the complaints that you claimed you experienced stating that "we" took their Money that is not the case at all. At the time a customer places their order we offer two different payment options for our customers, and would never make any unethical or unlawful charges to a customers account. A customer may either pay for their airbrush in full, or make payments. They choose the payment plan that works for them, and our dedicated team is always willing and ready to extend, stretch, and move around payments if a customer needs us to. Please, understand that we truly care about our customers. If we did not, there would be no reason for me to reply to this blog. If you need us we are there for you, and Ms. makeupbymonet if you want to expience the service we pride ourselves for call me......us makeup artist have to look out for one another. 877-749-5777 Heather k

When I called I asked what the difference between Dinair & Luminess was & The lady said "Dinair HAS Sylicone & our makeup doesnt" Thats exactly what she said So I think the word NEVER is irrelevant to say Luminess has "NEVER" claimed Dinair has Sylicone!!! But Im Sure you give Better service Than most Luminess workers ! And I would hope you do ! And about the Taking money Statement nThat wasnt made by me but by Many (way more than one) customers of Luminess !! Im sure luminess is a good product but When many many customers make complaints about customer service instead of going for the whole "were this & that" statementn or the But Look at all the great reviews its usually best to just do something about it !!! Well have a nice rest of your day !!! I have to get back to work!!!!
smile.gif

I apologise, that representative should not have stated that, and it is possible she had the two lines confused. We love our product, and our customers and want to do everything possible to ensure that everyone is taken care of, we strive to provide excellent service and have a whole team here dedicated to your beauty needs, and you can always ask to speak to Heather K. if you need me!

I have had Luminess Air for over 6 months. I use it everyday and it is awesome. I have had the occasion to call customer service several times and I have had excellent treatment. Kevin is knowledgeable and charming and I just love Jimmy. Jimmy was so nice I bought twice what I had called for just to talk to a little longer. I really think Makeupbymoney is being paid by brandX to place negative blogs. No one could be that negative without ever having tried it unless someone is paying them to do so.

Fantasitc!

Susansblog I am so happy to hear that you experienced that level of care that Luminess Air prides itself on, this is what I want to hear from every Luminess Air customer!!!!!!

Vacation is no fun when you run out of your favorite makeup. I am looking at this fusion beauty mineral stuff, and thinking of buying it to tied me over. (I liked their lip plumper) Does anyone out there know if Luminess ships internationally. I cannot find anything on their website. AHHHHHHHHH...Help!!!!!!!

I found this wonderful video on makeup airbrush gun. This guy has wonderful ideas so it doesn't hurt to take a look.

Airbrush Gun 101: YouTube - Airbrush Gun 101

Here are the links he posts on his video regarding airbrush gun.

Helpful Links:

http://www.iwata-medea.com

http://www.dixieart.com

He also does a video review and shows how the products work. Nurturing Force Face Primer and Blot paper... YouTube - Nurturing Force Airbrush Primer & Blot paper

Hope this helps, I'm going to order the primer and blot paper
icon_razz.gif

I have this airbrush kit and I am quite happy with it. I joined the Luminess club so I get my makeup sent to me on a regular basis. When I bought my kit I was furious because I requested standard shipping and was charged $32.00 which I thought was a rip off but once my kit arrived I forgot all about my anger and just fell in love with it. I think it sucks that I can't experiment with other makeup and have to use their makeup for their kit. The down sides is that sometimes I just don't have the time to plug it in and do my face. I don't know about those saying it takes them one minute but for me it takes me at least 7 to 10 minutes but the results are beautiful. It also feels very light on the skin. I agree that if you have dry skin it can dry you out so its important to be very well moisturized. I also agree with the person that said there is a sticky sensation. I did find that there is a sticky sensation when wet but once it dries up (may after about 5- 10 minutes) it does not rub off very easily. All in all I give mine a 4 stars out of 5 stars. The expense of the machine, the expense of the make-up and the fact that it is not compatible with other make-up brands are the greatest drawbacks for me but I love the effect it gives me.

I did a lot of research cuz I wanted one in my house too since I'm just a makeup nut and this product was not one of the best. It was actually not recommended at all. A good product was Dinair and this company has been in business for 30 years and had lots of stuff on their website and lots of product where as Luminess did not. Not to mention Dinair is more customer friendly. The other product up in running was the Kett airbrush system and it is also a good brand since it is a high end, but it was advised that it was a little expensive for just personal use. Lastly an airbrush brand called O2 cosmetics is third in good quality and reasonably good or better than Luminess. Oh also another thing, there are also tons of youtube videos out there too. Hope this helped you as much as it did me.
redface.gif
)

Hello All!!

I recently came across this makeup forum and was delighted to see all the Q&A's over all these brands! I just wanted express my opinion about luminess air! I love my Luminess air! I use to wear expensive liquid foundation and a dual finish powder, it did feel heavy and cakey but I thought that it was a better alternative then people staring at my acne. one day i was walking around the mall and saw a makeup artist using it on a girl that had similar skin to mine. Skeptical that something so airy could cover up any acne, I waited to experience it for myself. As i sat in the chair and felt the cool air hit my skin (wow what a nice feeling for irritated skin) a few minutes later she said that she was done, Done? I looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe that it covered my acne better then my thick and cakey foundation. I believe that has been the best purchase that I have ever made! I highly recommend this to anyone that issues or is just plain sick of heavy coverage..

where did you find the deals on Luminess airbrush set? ive been doing the makeup for the wattiors girls and now this year my contract is asking me to have an airbrush set... can u plz help me and point me to the right direction/?

Watch HSN for deals.  I got the whole kit, including 2 large bottles of foundation, 1 bottle of blush, and misc others - for only $99.  The deal was so good that it was actually cheaper for me to buy myself a second kit than to buy the makeup separately.

I read through the thread of responses.  I am a makeup junkie. 

I LOVE my Luminess Air.  For those with issues on coverage, I need the coverage.

I found a video on YouTube and the woman illustrated then when covering a blemish or spot, you need to bring the airbrush sprayer closer to your face. A quick spray & it's gone - then you can go back to the normal directions & distance.  It takes practice, but is well worth it.  I have my foundation and blush done in less than a minute and my face looks flawless - even with my adult acne.

This makeup stays on all day.  If I sneeze, I don't see any makeup on my tissue.  I work long days & I no longer need to touch up my makeup.  It truly lasts, which is huge for me.  It's worth every penny.  The price is an issue, but I'm also not applying it twice a day like I was with other brands.

I appreciated the commentary regarding the 02 cosmetics.  I just ordered some foundation to give it a try, as it is twice the size and half the price, but am skeptical.  If it's not as good then I'll use it for my weekend makeup.

My only complaint about the makeup is that for some reason, some batches of the foundation do not work well in my machine.  It's not my machine - if I switch to a different bottle it sprays fine.  I shake up my bottles for a long time and am sure that's not the issue. I even tried adding some water to dilute it but it didn't make a difference.  Anyone have that problem?  I hate to waste this makeup!!

I was just having the same issue as previous poster about the foundation being to thick. I even added some drops of water snaked the bottle for 45 seconds to a minute not working so well. I know the brush is ok because when I clean it with the water or another product like the blush works fine? Such thing as bad batch of airbrush foundation? Also I don't wanna keep buying from luminous for products I rather buy in stores ! Does anyone know If they sell airbrush makeup at ultra? It's a far drive so if you can let me know where you buy yours? Thanks

Back