Quiz: Is Your Hair Damaged?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got abused but resilient.

I never use heat products, I barely dye my hair and I get it cut once in a while.

Beautiful, Healthy Hair

You didn't really need to take this quiz, did you? You know you have gorgeous hair and you probably work hard to keep it that way. Here are a few tips to help you with your hair care, and hopefully simplify your routine.

First, avoid shampooing every day. Even great shampoos, low in detergent agents, can do some damage if you use them every day. And contrary to what most people believe, you should splurge on expensive shampoo but can stick to drugstore conditioner (because only salon shampoos are truly low in those pesky detergent agents that strip the hair).

Also remember to massage your scalp to stimulate nutrient absorption, says Roman Kusayev, a stylist at the New York City Butterfly Studio. Finally, don't brush hair overaggressively, and be sure to keep heat-styling tools on a low setting, and to keep them moving so you avoid dry patches. But you already knew that, didn't you?

(.. but actually I think I torture my hair. Still it looks pretty and it's smooth and shiny. I love my hair xD)

Abused but Resilient, although I disagree. I think I got that because my diet & exercise level aren't so good. I dye my hair a few times a year at most using a semi-permanent dye that doesn't seem to do any damage. I *rarely* see split ends (maybe one or two a year), I get a trim every 8 to 12 weeks, I almost never heat style, and I wash my hair only once every 2 to 3 days. Everyone thinks my hair is ridiculously soft & healthy, even my stylist, so I'll just go with her assessment over theirs.

guess what? another member of the club "abused but no resilient". i think i gotit mostly because i don't trim my hair often. i hate styling products, i try to avoid as much as i can the blowdryer. i rarely see split ends too.

oh well, maybe this quiz is made so you have to buy hair products.

ANILEIJA, ................... LOL i got the same as you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, Healthy Hair

You didn't really need to take this quiz, did you? You know you have gorgeous hair and you probably work hard to keep it that way. Here are a few tips to help you with your hair care, and hopefully simplify your routine.

First, avoid shampooing every day. Even great shampoos, low in detergent agents, can do some damage if you use them every day. And contrary to what most people believe, you should splurge on expensive shampoo but can stick to drugstore conditioner (because only salon shampoos are truly low in those pesky detergent agents that strip the hair).

Also remember to massage your scalp to stimulate nutrient absorption, says Roman Kusayev, a stylist at the New York City Butterfly Studio. Finally, don't brush hair overaggressively, and be sure to keep heat-styling tools on a low setting, and to keep them moving so you avoid dry patches. But you already knew that, didn't you?

But yeah i know i definitely tourture my hair sometimes............. but i do keep it well conditioned and moisturized

Your hair doesn't quite swing over your shoulder in slow motion, but it's also not completely fried. You probably know you do things that hurt your hair, but you're also conscientious enough not to overdo it.

To kick it up a notch and get a truly healthy, gorgeous mane, you don't have to give up as much as you think. "You can blow-dry every day and have beautiful, healthy hair. You just have to know how to do it," says Roman Kusayev, a stylist at the New York City Butterfly Studio. First, remember to use a protective setting spray like TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Styling Spray ($3.99). Also remember not to apply heat to any section for too long. Keep the styling tool moving at all times. Brian Thompson, senior scalp care expert at the Philip Kingsley Trichological Centre, warns against using a flat iron at any temperature over 110 degrees, or the low setting. It might take a little longer to style your hair, but isn't that a sacrifice you're willing to make?

Abused but resilient! i dye it every two months or so. trim it every month...and heat syle everyday or every other day. but i deep condition twice a week.

Abused but Resilient

Im sure if i continue to treat it how i used to i'd have got ravaged and damaged

Back