Quiz: Is Your Hair Damaged?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, Healthy Hair

You didn't really need to take this quiz, did you? You know you have gorgeous hair and you probably work hard to keep it that way. Here are a few tips to help you with your hair care, and hopefully simplify your routine.

First, avoid shampooing every day. Even great shampoos, low in detergent agents, can do some damage if you use them every day. And contrary to what most people believe, you should splurge on expensive shampoo but can stick to drugstore conditioner (because only salon shampoos are truly low in those pesky detergent agents that strip the hair).

Also remember to massage your scalp to stimulate nutrient absorption, says Roman Kusayev, a stylist at the New York City Butterfly Studio. Finally, don't brush hair overaggressively, and be sure to keep heat-styling tools on a low setting, and to keep them moving so you avoid dry patches. But you already knew that, didn't you?

I guess I'm in the minority :lol: I don't use heat and I've only colored my hair once. I only use shampoo once in a blue moon. The only complain that I've got about my hair is the dryness. I still haven't found that magical cocktail of products that'll keep my hair moisturized :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back