Rant and Rave - Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My skin was doing great for awhile, it was more or less clear until exams started approaching, at which point I got about 20 new zits. Lovely...anyways, I switched to a tea tree oil cleanser, and it cleared up a lot, now that school's done it's pretty much back to normal...I have a few acne scars and bumps that are almost pimples on my nose and chin, this is normal for me I guess, luckily I don't have any major zits at the moment.

The bad stuff is the giant cold sore on my lip, I guess that's not really skin though I'd much rather have a major zit than a cold sore. Also, my excema is showing up in patches on my hands and face, and I hate using my prescription cream on them. Hopefully that'll clear up for a month or so before I get it all over my hands again in winter.
laughing.gif

So far, I have no complaints. I've been lucky that my entire life I've never had any skin problems.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing The oil in my skin is incredibly overactive. They LIED when they said that breakouts, pimples, and acne would end at adolescence. I work with all this oil the best way I can (soaps, clay masks, exfoliation etc).. My reward is looking at my 81 yr. old mother who has NO wrinkles, lines, or crows feet, and whose skin is still oily! My mother used bar Ivory soap for 50 yrs., that's it--no cleansing creams, moisturizers, nothing. Same here and I am a bit older than you. I do have very few wrinkles, but I am tired of dealing with oily skin and some minor breakouts. Plus the sebaceous hyperplasia that I am bothered with, but am seeing a very good dermatologist now about this.
CarolAZ

I don't like my skin too much. It's always oily and it has huge pores next to the nose. Breakouts are getting better since using mineral foundation!

My skin is great. Don’t suffer from acne or anything like that. So far the only complaint is that I need to stop wearing my sunglasses so often. My face is tan except the area that the sunglass covers. Right now I have the raccoon look. Is better now. Yikes
yahoocool.gif

I still really don't like my skin. I am going to have to stop using the Mary Kay because I think it is just making it worse. My face never feels really clean when I use it and its too oily and greasy for me. I will probably look up some reviews for Murad and Biotherm. Also, I have heard some good things about Dermalogica and DHC. Has anybody used any of these? I don't know if the break-outs are hormonal but ever since I stopped using Pro-Activ my skin has gone kind of crazy. Using MMU instead of liquid make-up has really helped though.

My skin's really bugging me lately. I recently went off birth control pills, so maybe that's part of why I've been having difficulty. I have tons of little bumps everywhere, especially my forehead & nose. They're definitely clogged pores, but it's so frustrating because it seems to have happened almost overnight. Also, I can't use much on them because my skin's been freaking out lately. My cheeks have been SO dry and sensitive that using anything other than the Dermalogica moisturizing boost and my sensitive skin cream on them leaves them feeling raw. I've stopped wearing makeup until my cheeks have calmed down and stayed calmed down for a little bit. Also, I'm worried it might be early-stage rosacea so I'm going to my doctor for a referral to a dermatologist. whee!
scream3.gif

my skin is ok. i still have to deal w/ a mild case of acne every so often, but its not as bad as it use to be. thank goodness for dermatologists

I have started getting persistent acne lately. I have stopped using all suspects I can think off but nothing has helped. I just tried rubbing some toothpaste this morning (which I read in one of the forums) but it seems to have angered them all the more. Any advice ladies?

my skin has really cleared up in the past few weeks. i'd like to thank my birth control pill, Yasmin, and my simplified skin care routine.

Hello everyone
smile.gif

I am new here.. but I figured I might as well start posting and start in this thread =D

My rant about my skin--

I am very annoyed with my skin right now... The acne is persistant and leaving behind horrible redmarks... and not to mention it's also pretty oily. I am going on Yasmin soon in hopes to clear up my "monthly" pimples that I get... and am also on Dan's regimen. Nothing really seems to be helping right now... but all I can say is thank goodness for makeup!

Man, lots of people are suffering from break-outs! I'd have to say I'm one of them. I'm suddenly breaking out badly around my nose area, when I usually break out on my forehead. And my glasses don't help either, because I tend to wear concealer, and when I wear my glasses, the part that supports the lens always smears my make-up and makes that spot look like a zit.

Mmm...horribly oily despite my desperate efforts. And my forehead is really really bumpy - they're not zits, but they're fairly big bumps that hurt. I think they're from too much sun honestly. My whole chest broke out in this painful rash because of too much sun exposure the past few days. My dad keeps telling me to use Ivory soap on my face, but that just sounds too simplistic to be true.

My skin is very sensitive, i am lucky enough to be able to use some products on my face before it acts up. I also have excema, that just adds to my problems. It makes my skin very dry.

My skin is sore right now from using a lot of Benzoylperoxide to clear up my acne flareup. I've been trying the regimen on www.acne.org but it's making my skin very dry. I need to find myself a better moisturiser!

Lately I've been using ProActiv and to my delight...it works!! I was having some ane problems in the form of blackheads and the occasional pimples (especially around my period.) I started using the set and the little bumps on my forhead vanished. I did breakout a week ago but I think it's because of MAC's SFF (I am so pissed of about this
sleepyhead.gif
) I think it's just the benzoyl peroxide paired with their sulfur mask that's doing the trick. I really need to get down with that water challenge though...it'll make my skin so much prettier! My dream is to own not one botle of foundation one day *sigh*

I'm really liking my skin right now. For the first time in my life, it's in great shape, no breakouts whatsoever, mu goes on flawless and I'm working on some hyperpigmentation issues and really tackling the problem. My goal is to eventually become "foundation free" and I think eventually I'll get there.
smile.gif

I see everyone here and you all look so pretty and have such nice skin
biggrin.gif
. For me my skin blows. Right now im all acne free (thank god) but I have scarred pores and they are sick and big. Lise Watier doesnt work anymore because they changed their primer
frown.gif
. So right now I use Almay lint smoothing foundation and it has good cover but not so great with pores. Anyways I guess my skin could be worse but it could be alot better too. Thats all for me
smile.gif

Back