Real MAC or FAKE MAC???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 The best way to get MAC is buy from MAC. If a company is low-down enough to conterfeit a product they will also conterfeit the ingredient list. You have no idea what is going onto your eyes, lips or skin. Get over the "status brand" idea. Nobody can look at your face and know which brand you used. Touching up in public is tacky, so there is no reason to be flashing the products in public. Either save to get the real MAC (a brand that is highly overrated IMHO) or use a drugstore dupe. Safety first!

If you buy a fake knowing its a fake, then you might as well be better off buying something 'main stream'. At least you know theyre regulated rather than something that could have been made with god-knows-what.  If you want real MAC because you want something that is 'quality' then the only place to get that is from..... drum roll.... MAC!  

Hello girls, I need some help!! In  2010 I bought an original Myth (in USA). After I used it, I saved the packaging just to compare in case I would order it on line in the future.. Now I bought a new one from ebay, but I am not sure is it authentic....Some thing are little bit differet, so If someone could help me:   1. Left one is original (old one, from 2010.), and the right one is from ebay: http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac1_zps2cb45bd1.jpg   2. Original has a sharper edge, while the one from ebay is more rounded (when you look the ending of the metal). Although original is empty, it is still little bit heavier then the ebay one. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac2_zpsc4b4635c.jpg   3. Original has a wider edge, while the one from ebay has thinner and rounder edge. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac3_zps4f946fe3.jpg   4. Font is little bit bigger from the ebay one.. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac4_zps3799a51e.jpg   5. The cap from the original has 2 slots, while the one from ebay has only 1 slot. Original has one more slot deep inside, while the ebay one does not. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac5_zpsce24f3e8.jpg   6. The box has a sticker..My previous box had name and bar code ingraved. http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac6_zpsd7e84787.jpg http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac7_zpsc02b509d.jpg   7. Swatches - original is lighter (I cannot say is it because it is old or the new one is fake?) http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/crnasilvac/Mac8_zps20ad41de.jpg   I have to say that the ebay one has a tipical Mac vanilla smell...Not stinky chemical/acrylical smell...And both caps can fit both lipsticks without a problem.   Please give me your advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Most of my makeup currently is authentic MAC but I did purchase some of the fake pigments just to test them out. They definately aren't the same as the original, but what can you expect? They are super cheap and not authentic. They weren't the worst product I've ever worked with, but no where near authentic MAC. Splurge and get the real stuff! 

Even if you don't have an allergic reaction, you still should not use fake makeup.  The long term affects could be more harmful than any allergies.  If it's fake , probably has parebens and BHA.. who knows.  These things cause cancer.

Does anyone have any sites where the lipsticks where the same or close to the authentic mac colors ? I would love to buy some .

Has anyone bought MAC products from Overstock.com ? I bought 2 eyeshadows from there a few months back at about $8 a piece and now I'm worried they might be fakes from reading this thread. I would want to throw them out if so. The packaging looks exactly the same and the colors look right. 

I really wouldn't recommend these fake MAC products. You don't know what could be in them, and it could be really harmful for your skin. If you want to buy MAC products, I would say it's really worth it to save up your dollars and go for the real deal. The quality will be so much better and I promise they're worth it. you'll love the real thing so much more! Good luck ladies!

I'm sorry to say this, but I think they are fakes. 
icon_sad.gif
 Mac doesn't sell to third party companies such as overstock.com, the only place you can be sure you are buying real Mac is from Mac itself! Sorry honey, I hope you can return these. I wouldn't recommend using these possibly fake mac products because you don't know what could be in them! Good luck hon!

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i've found a good alternative for cheap mac products without having to sacrifice quality and safety by turning to fakes is checking out makeup outlet stores. there's a cosmetics company outlet near where i live, and they sell authentic mac products for almost half price. i'm sure there may be some small defects, but i have yet to find anything.

and yes, the products they sell *are* real. i got scared when i first found out there were such things as fake mac products and scoured the internet for examples of fakes vs reals and to my relief these are real. 

has anyone else tried makeup outlet stores for deals on prestige brands? how did it work out for you?

They don't sell products like that I think they are fakes you can only buy mac makeup from a real mac store they do not sell to discount stores

I live in the south we have a department store called Belk they sell real mac products .

Has anyone bought MAC products from Overstock.com ? I bought 2 eyeshadows from there a few months back at about $8 a piece and now I'm worried they might be fakes from reading this thread. I would want to throw them out if so. The packaging looks exactly the same and the colors look right. 

Quote: Originally Posted by english /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i've found a good alternative for cheap mac products without having to sacrifice quality and safety by turning to fakes is checking out makeup outlet stores. there's a cosmetics company outlet near where i live, and they sell authentic mac products for almost half price. i'm sure there may be some small defects, but i have yet to find anything.

and yes, the products they sell *are* real. i got scared when i first found out there were such things as fake mac products and scoured the internet for examples of fakes vs reals and to my relief these are real. 

has anyone else tried makeup outlet stores for deals on prestige brands? how did it work out for you?

The Cosmetics Company outlet store is a great place to take advantage of! I believe that they tend sell any discontinued sets/colours/etc or any overstock (like TJ Maxx/Winners/etc) from companies like MAC, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Estee Lauder and Clinique, which are all owned by Estee Lauder, the parent company. If you are looking for limited edition sets from a season or two a ago, definitely check this place out. All these products are real because it is owned Estee Lauder.

Hello there
icon_smile.gif

I have a quite different view, regarding on what is being discussed here. But first let me ask these 2 questions.

1. Do you call those MAC products fake because those were not manufactured in the United States and Canada?

2. Should it be called fake? just because it was not manufactured in the countries mentioned above?

The labor cost  in  Asia is much cheaper compared to the U.S. and Canada. Therefore there is a huge possibility, that the MAC products and other expensive products like Urban Decay which are being sold online and beauty bargain stalls aren't really fake, but rather factory over runs. Meaning it didn't meet the quality standard of the high class malls. That's why it is being sold online and beauty bargain stalls.

There is also the huge possibility, that there are MAC products and other expensive products which are only available outside the U.S. and Canada. Let us dig in deeper regarding this matter by asking the sellers where they got and how they got their products.

I do not deny that there are counterfeit makeup but, it is also possible that not all that we deemed fake are fake indeed.

If u have doubts, just contact the global communcations from MAC, I for sure know that they NEVER SELL product samples NOR defects . FOR SURE. 

Play safe, get the real thing from the counter or the actual site itself instead of from 3rd party sellers. Too many fakes. 

And sorry, there are too many counterfeits in ASIA esp from HK and CHINA, and there is no such thing as  factory overruns or defects in MAC cosmetics as far as i know. I know of someone from another beauty forum who had contacted MAC global comms regarding this issue and MAC  replied that they never do factory overruns.

And I m sorry to say your tone sounds condescending. 

In cases such as cosmetics, it's better to play safe than be sorry. 

Back