• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Recent TJMaxx & Marshalls beauty finds

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to TJMaxx today, here is what I got:

Ole Henriksen firm action mask - $9.99

Tisserand Aromatherapy Rose Blend 24 Hour Protection Deodorant - $5.99

H2O dual-action eye makeup remover - in the photo it looks like its missing some.  But, its just some separation effect - $5.99

I am playing with masks, natural deodorants and makeup removers, so these were good finds.  Hope they work well.  Spent $112 by adding a few sweaters too.  Yikes!

tjmaxx.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

H2O dual-action eye makeup remover - in the photo it looks like its missing some.  But, its just some separation effect - $5.99

I am playing with masks, natural deodorants and makeup removers, so these were good finds.  Hope they work well.  Spent $112 by adding a few sweaters too.  Yikes!

tjmaxx.JPG
HAH!  Kookymama -- I knew we had a twinning vibe going on!

I also went to TJM today --

came home with

Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel roller $28/$9.99

H2O+ Citrus Squeeze Body Balm $12/$5.99

and a boring shower cap -- at least it has cute little rubber duckies on it.

Out the door for 20 bucks -- with one product I LOVE (the balm) and another I can't wait to try (the gel).  I have an aversion to using my fingers under my eyes because my skin is sooooo crepey.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Kookymama -- super snort!!  I'm wearing a blue shirt (not a color I normally wear), does that count???   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm currently trying to rationalize buying the Lime Body Trio and some Almond Shower Oil from L'Occitane.  Part of me thinks I should just set up a trade/wish list and hope for the best, lol.  Maybe it's time for me to visit my favorite Jo Malone guy at Saks.  I'm sure some Lime Basil and Mandarin would make me feel better.  

I went to Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack the other day hoping for some amazing goodies.  I found nothing for which I could justify spending the money.  (Well, except for socks and drink stirrers at NR.)  There was also a quick trip to The Container Store.  I'm guessing if I just bought what I really want I'd stop finding small things to buy because I think I need/want them.  

Back to that L'Occitane cart.....

PS -- Have you tried the Ole eye gel roller?  I can't wait -- I'll let you know if it's amazing for 'our' eyes!

@ - Isn't It easy to justify the odds and ends but, not that big purchase. That's why the stores like TJMax are killer. $3.99 here, $9.99 there.

I haven't tried a roller ball yet. Let me know how it works out.

I have the roller and was not impressed. I think the Simple Eye Roller I got from BB worked better.
Did it make your eyes sting?  At first I thought I tried it too soon after removing my eye makeup, so I waited and tried again.  AAAAAACK!  I do NOT like this!

tjmaxx.JPG
I love that H20+ remover - I have a sample bottle left that I use on trips and it is amazing. It's one of the items I've been hunting TJM and Marshall's for.

I didn't think about it but the last several times I've been to T.J. Maxx there has been TONS of Butter London polishes, glosses and eyeliners. I won't buy the liners because the boxes are always open, but I've picked up a couple polishes and a gorgeous pink lipgloss. I guess all the discontinued product must finally be hitting my store.

Did it make your eyes sting?  At first I thought I tried it too soon after removing my eye makeup, so I waited and tried again.  AAAAAACK!  I do NOT like this!
I did not think about it before but I think it did. I never put the stinging,  watery eyes together with it. I always thought it was sunblock too close to my eyes but now that I have stopped using it and still use sunblock I have not had a problem. It just did not make a difference. The Simple one the puffiness was immediately gone but this one did absolutely nothing to help my area. I don't think it is a brand I would buy again. I just finished a .5 ounce of the collagen boosting vitamin c serum and I was just using way too much at the end to finish the bottle up. I may just have to give in and buy the Skin Inc Serum when I finish more minis! That stuff was awesome.

I did not think about it before but I think it did. I never put the stinging,  watery eyes together with it. I always thought it was sunblock too close to my eyes but now that I have stopped using it and still use sunblock I have not had a problem. It just did not make a difference. The Simple one the puffiness was immediately gone but this one did absolutely nothing to help my area. I don't think it is a brand I would buy again. I just finished a .5 ounce of the collagen boosting vitamin c serum and I was just using way too much at the end to finish the bottle up. I may just have to give in and buy the Skin Inc Serum when I finish more minis! That stuff was awesome.
I'm back to using my Lancer mini from Glossybox.  I really want to find the one that 1) works an 2) I can afford.  I need hydration and wrinkle reducing.  I drink over 100oz of water a day, but I'm guessing it's not doing enough.  Or there might be a little too much Crystal Light mixed in at times.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I took the Ole back to TJM and picked up an extra H2O+ Citrus Splash.  I seriously can't get enough of it.  

I'm back to using my Lancer mini from Glossybox.  I really want to find the one that 1) works an 2) I can afford.  I need hydration and wrinkle reducing.  I drink over 100oz of water a day, but I'm guessing it's not doing enough.  Or there might be a little too much Crystal Light mixed in at times.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I took the Ole back to TJM and picked up an extra H2O+ Citrus Splash.  I seriously can't get enough of it.  
I managed to trade for the Sulwhasoo from that Glossybox... That stuff was wonderful but expensive like the Lancer. My skin was at its best ever using the Skin Inc every other day and mornings, My Beauty Diary Sheets masks every other day and the Sulwhasoo at night. I used a cream with SPF during the day, mostly samples so they varied every few days.

I managed to trade for the Sulwhasoo from that Glossybox... That stuff was wonderful but expensive like the Lancer. My skin was at its best ever using the Skin Inc every other day and mornings, My Beauty Diary Sheets masks every other day and the Sulwhasoo at night. I used a cream with SPF during the day, mostly samples so they varied every few days.
I actually ordered an extra GB so I could get another Skin Inc!  I ended up with one brightening and one anti-aging.  Not bad for taking a chance.  I think I placed that order right before the price for extra boxes jumped up 10 freeeeeaking dollars!

I still have my Revive sample from GB and a few other high end eye products.  I dabbled in the Balance Me, but it didn't feel nearly as good as the other two.  

I hate to keep stalking TJM for 'the one', but I can't help it.  I'll give it a few and try again.  I seriously doubt I'll return another one for not working too well, but if it stings like Ole, I won't think twice about it.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm going to try and find the Simple one.  It seems I can order it from a few places, sadly BB is not one of them.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@turntrekgodhead ~ I have only used the H20 Eye Makeup remover once and I really like it. I woke up with no raccoon face so, that's a plus. Definitely a good buy and would get it again. Some people don't like when eye makeup removers leave that oily feeling behind. This one does that. But, I think its more a smooth feeling than an oil slick.

@@wadedl, @ ~ Skin Inc superfan here. Someday I will purchase when I am serum-less. I loved the Brightening from the Mother's Day box. Not for the brightening effect but for the moisturizing. The Revive Serum was the best for my undereye area. If it wasn't so freakin expensive I would purchase - $350! No way.

I looked for the H2O+ makeup remover today in TJMaxx.  No luck.

But I *DID* find a few other (non-makeup) interesting items:

The 180 Blueberry Almond Pops from Love With Food (August, I think?).  They had one bag on clearance w/ an April exp date and then plenty on the shelves with a May date.  I also picked up a bag of the Cranberry Almond Pops to try.  I absolutely loved the blueberry ones and have had them in my holding cart on Amazon ever since I tried them.

A jar of Sarabeth's preserves (on clearance).  I didn't get it because it was Raspberry/something, but it's good to know they're there!

I also somehow managed to grab a jar of chocolate sunflower kernels (my secret addiction - I like to think of them as a decent source of chocolaty potassium).  Oh, and Lindt truffles in the blue bag for a Xmas gift.  Lastly, some Godiva chocolate salted caramels hopped in my cart. Hmmm.

After that haul I couldn't even bring myself to go next door to HomeGoods.

Now..  back to makeup.

I don't know if it the same Lancer cream you tried but the Popsugar Neiman Marcus box. My subscription Addiction has spoilers and it available online already. I was thinking of getting it but I just bought the big Macbook Pro today.

Spotted at my TJMaxx: bunches of Buxom lip glosses, Too Faced Glitter Glazes, Butter London glitter polishes, and a lonely little locked-up Dior mascara.

I don't know why its easy to drop $80 at TJMaxx but, I can't place an order at Sephora to get a second gift bag.

Here are the beauty items I got today:

H20 Eye makeup remover - This is the second time I have picked this up.  This stuff works great so, for $5.99 I had to get another one. 

Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit - $7.99  This doesn't get great reviews on Sephora but, I have some peach fuzz that bugs me.  So, for this price, I figured it was worth a try.  Professional waxing gives me an allergic reaction.

H20 Pumice Foot Scrub - $4.50

Cala Travel Bamboo Brush Set - I needed a new Powder Brush for my Ambient Powder that is coming so this solves that and my need for a few eye shadow brushes. $12.99

Bliss Poetic Waxing Kit - $7.99  This doesn't get great reviews on Sephora but, I have some peach fuzz that bugs me.  So, for this price, I figured it was worth a try.  Professional waxing gives me an allergic reaction.
Have you tried sugar wax? I had really good results with Persian Cold Wax -- and it's pretty inexpensive. I got a 16oz tub (which is HUGE) for less than $20 not so long ago, and I find it's a lot gentler and washes off easily. 

Back