• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Recent TJMaxx & Marshalls beauty finds

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@gingerneko ~ I know nothing about waxing. I have only had it done once. I wouldn't know how to do it without step by step instructions and supplies. :blush:

@@gingerneko ~ I know nothing about waxing. I have only had it done once. I wouldn't know how to do it without step by step instructions and supplies. :blush:
It comes with instructions and strips and everything. Mine did, at least. I'd never done waxing on my own before and it was surprisingl easy. It hurts less than ordinary wax, too. 

@@turntrekgodhead ~  I haven't tried those parrticular brands (I don't think).  But, most of my brushes have come from TJ Maxx.  I am probably missing something wonderful not getting the good stuff.  I just don't know it.  :lol:

I did get one brush because it had  a pretty flowered handle. It shed right out of the package and onto my face.  Yet, I stuck with it.  Just some initial shedding and it was all done.  I have used it for months to apply my blush. 

I just picked up another set so I could have a new brush for my Hourglass powder. 

If the price is right, I figure nothing to lose.

I was at TJ Maxx today.  There was a lot to look at.  Lots of things for holiday gift giving.   I got through just looking until I hit the checkout.  I saw a bellapierre 4 pack of lip gloss.  I got one of these glosses and one of their lipsticks in a glossybox.  So far, there lipstick is the best formula for me.  But, its just not easy to get.  So, I had to grab this mini gloss set for $4.99.

Oodles of Laura Geller, Kat Von D, and Estée Lauder at my store! Nice polish array too... I snagged a couple of pretty Deborah Lippmann polishes.

My TJ Maxx never has anything, but today I went and they had GlamGlow! I picked up a set of the Supermud (1.2 oz) and the Youthmud (0.5 oz) for $39! I also had a $10 reward from using their credit card so it only cost me $29! Not bad! Their makeup selection was still junk!

Went to TJ Maxx yesterday while I was christmas shopping, found only a couple Kat Von D lipsticks - foiled love in Adora (skipped it, I hate foils), and liquid lipsticks in Outlaw and Berlin.  Outlaw was a bit much for me, but I wanted to try the formula, so I picked up Berlin for $6.99.... LOVE. IT. I will be shocking people when I wear it, its much bolder than my usual! Difficult to apply though, and lip liner is a must.  My first attempt at using it ended up with lipstick all over my face that stained my skin... looked like this.  

Last night I saw on reddit that someone had seen Kat Von D tattoo liner (my HG!) at Marshalls, so this morning I headed there... no liquid liner to be seen, but I got: Poetica rollerball ($4.99), True Romance eyeshadow palette in Little Saint ($9.99), and an autograph eyeliner in "puro amor" (black - $2.99).  I got home and realized the palette has fingerprints in it  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I may just return it.  I'm underwhelmed overall, I didn't really need a new fragrance and plain black eyeliner isn't going to get me excited (although I've been wanting to try the formula on her pencil eyeliners anyway).  I may look around and see if I can get someone to trade the tattoo liner for Poetica, or just sell it.  It actually smells great, but florals are just not my style.

Other items sighted in Marshalls: bunches of Pacifica lip quenches, a couple of Lavanila solid fragrances and one rollerball I think were about $12, a Korres lipgloss, and a Butter London lip gloss.  Tons of ciate, Nails Inc., and OPI nail polish.  Also saw some Tweezerman tweezers for $8.  Various Laura Geller items.
For skin care fanatics, there's sooooo much to look at. Bliss, Philosophy, strivectin, Estee Lauder, GlamGlow BrightMud, Ole Henrikson (products for aging, which isn't my concern, or I would have jumped on these), Ahava, Peter Thomas Roth, and Perfekt... tons more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

And random, but there were a couple of WoodWick candles for about 33% off.  I adore these, picked up a couple for Xmas gifts!

Went to TJ Maxx yesterday while I was christmas shopping, found only a couple Kat Von D lipsticks - foiled love in Adora (skipped it, I hate foils), and liquid lipsticks in Outlaw and Berlin.  Outlaw was a bit much for me, but I wanted to try the formula, so I picked up Berlin for $6.99.... LOVE. IT. I will be shocking people when I wear it, its much bolder than my usual! Difficult to apply though, and lip liner is a must.  My first attempt at using it ended up with lipstick all over my face that stained my skin... looked like this.  

Last night I saw on reddit that someone had seen Kat Von D tattoo liner (my HG!) at Marshalls, so this morning I headed there... no liquid liner to be seen, but I got: Poetica rollerball ($4.99), True Romance eyeshadow palette in Little Saint ($9.99), and an autograph eyeliner in "puro amor" (black - $2.99).  I got home and realized the palette has fingerprints in it  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I may just return it.  I'm underwhelmed overall, I didn't really need a new fragrance and plain black eyeliner isn't going to get me excited (although I've been wanting to try the formula on her pencil eyeliners anyway).  I may look around and see if I can get someone to trade the tattoo liner for Poetica, or just sell it.  It actually smells great, but florals are just not my style.

Other items sighted in Marshalls: bunches of Pacifica lip quenches, a couple of Lavanila solid fragrances and one rollerball I think were about $12, a Korres lipgloss, and a Butter London lip gloss.  Tons of ciate, Nails Inc., and OPI nail polish.  Also saw some Tweezerman tweezers for $8.  Various Laura Geller items.

For skin care fanatics, there's sooooo much to look at. Bliss, Philosophy, strivectin, Estee Lauder, GlamGlow BrightMud, Ole Henrikson (products for aging, which isn't my concern, or I would have jumped on these), Ahava, Peter Thomas Roth, and Perfekt... tons more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

And random, but there were a couple of WoodWick candles for about 33% off.  I adore these, picked up a couple for Xmas gifts!
I went to TJMaxx last night and I saw all that stuff too! EXCEPT THE LAVANILA!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEEEEEED THOSEEEEE!!!!

Was very surprised! I also saw a few Butter London nail polishes, eyeliners, and lip glosses, and some $6 Deborah Lippman nail polishes! Was tempted to get some of everything, but of course I was good and finally didn't get anything. If I saw Lavanila, though, I'd get all of it!!!

Hit my TJMaxx for last minute gifts to round out the end of my shopping.

I wanted to buy everything in the beauty section but, I am sending my husband and daughter there to pick up stuff like that for me to try.  I need some surprises as I bought my own gifts.

The only thing I got was a Kat Von D Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick.  It feels a bit dry on my lips.  Not really my color.  I think it will be great for daughters recital lips.

Anyway, they had a lot of stuff:  Stocked like crazy and loading the shelves as I was shopping.

On Christmas Eve I actually scored a box of Glamglow (black box) for $39. That made me happy.

While I was in line to check out, I looked at the stuff on the shelves and saw 1 pair of those angora Lemon slippers, the ones that were in December's LLB! They were pretty light blue, for $19.99

I had been drooling over them in reviews and wanted one so badly!

I got so lucky that day. Those dang slippers are so cute!

I got a pair of lemon slippers on my last tj maxx trip. Wearing them now. They feel like home as soon as I put them on. I also got a lemon sweater/robe. I officially love this brand. I have still not seen any glam glow at my tj maxx. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

scrounged around my local tj maxx today and found some interesting items. there were several hempz 17 oz lotions, the original smells so good, for $13. also found a dr brant pore no more to go set for $15. anyone have positive or negative reviews on dr brandt? i've been wanting to try the vacuum thing for a while.

also found an algenist cleanser for $40.

I found some dr Brandt at my tj maxx a while ago. I didn't like the line less moisturizer only because of smell, the lineless eye serum is ok. I wasn't crazy about the vaccum either. But I love the pores no more primer. If I saw that at tj maxx I would scoop it up for sure.

Love TKMAXX for good finds, with both clothes and make-up. Couple of months ago I think, but I did find a set of Sophyto moisturizers for £12.99..this is an entire set mind, so the value really is great.

I found Tarina Tarantino! I got two eyeshadows and the last two of the eye primer. All were priced $2.99, I couldn't pass that up. I'm hoping some of you have hit your local TJ Maxx and Marshalls and are finding more TT. I'd love to find some blush.

Come on people! Let's revive this thread! What are your recent finds?

I was in tjmaxx on Thursday to get a new pillow and I thought about this thread! I wish I had the extra spending money to splurge at tjmaxx on fun stuff. It is my favorite place to shop. i got a sharper image memory foam pillow for $15.

Back