RIP Chris Benoit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, per WWE, he was not on any as of April 2007, it takes months, even years for steroids to affect the body mentally

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Yes I know what is says on WWE, but after all the steroid deaths don't ya think that they will try to cover it up? Vince McMahon is capable of anything (including lying to millions that he was dead) and has the money to cover his own butt. I am not saying Chris did or didn't do this or why it happened because that is something we will never know since he is dead as well. I feel bad for the entire family, wrestling personnel and anyone that was clsoe to this family.

I agree with Jessyann, murder is murder and i dont care who you are or what you were on.

oh okay, i didnt really know. thanks for correcting me..i apologize.

and i dont think it's just because he's famous, the same reaction would go for anyone, it's just that this stuff happens a lot and until it's someone famous theres not much to make a post about it..any situation it's sick.

and also, most murderers, especially serial killers, (not like he is one but yeah it's an example) SEEM sweet and completely normal, so we cant say he was sweet and would never do that just because he seemed it.

I understand what you are saying, and I dont want to make an argument out of it, but I am not going to confuse entertainment tv with reality. Vince McMahon does that for entertainment, not in real life. He cant cover for them, this murder-suicide was not in his jurisdiction. The police are not going to lie (or I will assume that they wont). I agree, this is one of those things that we will never get a straight answer to, cause he is dead and only him and his family know what were going on. It is a tradgedy what happened, but this is a classic resolution of domestic violence, not steroids.

i feel there is since i wrongly accused. but i think that it would be better to say he was on steroids that made him do it, not just because he was a sick man..so i dont think they would try to cover up steroid use.

Probably would be better to say that, but I know that McMahon has covered up wrestlers steroid use before, so I don't know.

f*ck him and his tribute.. how can a parent kill there own kid..

Whether drugs had anything to do with this or not...something very wrong must've been going on for him to feel that this was the best option for himself and his family. By placing Bibles at the feet of his wife and child, it almost sounds like he was losing touch with reality to some extent and felt that what he was doing was somehow best for them.

I think it's a very sad situation overall.
frown.gif

I'm a WWE fan. I don't watch as much as I used to, but I used to religously, so I understand that millions of his fans are grieving right now, and it's really hard to come to terms with something like this.

You watch something like this so often, you see them Live on TV and you feel like you really know them, but really . . . we can't know someone that well.

I mean, if Lacy Peterson's family could have been fooled about Scott Peterson, someone they knew and loved, I think the world could have been fooled about Chris Benoit.

Paul Bernardo also had family and friends who loved him dearly - they would have never guessed that he was the Scarborough rapist, that he had raped as many as 15 women/girls, including his sister-in-law whom he also murdered, along with 2 other girls.

We just can't know . . . and now we never will.

It's just a sad situation all around. My heart goes out the the family, and the millions of fans who are grieving as well . . . I'm still shaking my head and asking "why"?

It keeps getting more bizarre with every detail ...

Before he killed himself, Chris Benoit sent a series of text messages to WWE co-workers, some from his dead wife's cell phone. According to WWE.com, all five text messages were sent between 3:53am and 3:58am on the early morning of June 24.

The messages revealed that Benoit's suicide was more than likely premeditated, as he distributed information on where to find his remains, without being attacked by his dogs.

Below is a timeline of the text messages Benoit sent to co-workers as first reported by WWE:

3:53am - Chris Benoit's cell phone: "My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"

3:53am - Chris Benoit's cell phone: "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open."

3:54am - Nancy Benoit's cell phone: "My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"

3:55am - Nancy Benoit's cell phone: "My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"

5:58am - Nancy Benoit's cell phone: "My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"

WWE Releases Benoit Text Messages - TMZ.com

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Whether drugs had anything to do with this or not...something very wrong must've been going on for him to feel that this was the best option for himself and his family. By placing Bibles at the feet of his wife and child, it almost sounds like he was losing touch with reality to some extent and felt that what he was doing was somehow best for them.
I think it's a very sad situation overall.
frown.gif

This sums up the way I think about it too. Something had to be very wrong with him to do this to his family.

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

WWE -- No Killer Zone - TMZ.com

tmz is having a field day with this.

Quote:
On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you." Good for WWE. I have to say they are being very tactful. Kudos for them for respecting everyone's grief - those personally effected AND the fans.
I've been reading some comments on TMZ and I'm really baffled . . . I mean, VM may be an ass(indeed he is most of the time), and he's done some questionable things (brett/owen hart fan right here, so believe me, I know!) but the only one who's done any murdering is CB. Those are the facts. Drug use or no, CB killed his wife and son - not VM.

Yet so many people are demonizing VM and painting a pretty picture of CB . . .

I just don't get it.

Wed Jun 27, 7:14 AM

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - Two days before he and his family were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide, pro wrestler Chris Benoit told co-workers his wife and son had food poisoning and were throwing up, according to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley, authorities said Tuesday.

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday. No suicide note was found.

On Saturday, Benoit called a co-worker to say he had missed a flight and would be late for a wrestling event in Texas, WWE said in a timeline posted Tuesday on its Web site. The co-worker said Benoit sounded tired and groggy and said "I love you," which the co-worker found "out of context," WWE said.

When a co-worker who usually travels with Benoit called him later from the Houston airport, Benoit told the co-worker his wife, Nancy, was throwing up blood and that his son, Daniel, also was throwing up. Benoit said he thought it was food poisoning, according to WWE.

After Benoit talked to a WWE Talent Relations representative, the representative suggested Benoit try to make it to a pay-per-view event in Houston since he would not be able to make it to the live event in Beaumont, Texas.

But early Sunday, two co-workers received a series of text messages from the cell phones of Benoit and his wife. Most stated his home address in Fayetteville, about 20 miles south of Atlanta. One message from Benoit's phone said: "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open," according to WWE.

The text messages led WWE to ask authorities to check on Benoit and his family.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the messages appeared to be an attempt by Benoit to get someone to the home to find the bodies after his suicide.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscle man nicknamed "The Canadian Crippler" was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

"In a community like this it's bizarre to have a murder-suicide, especially involving the death of a 7-year-old," Ballard said. "I don't think we'll ever be able to wrap our minds around this."

He said Benoit's 43-year-old wife was killed Friday in an upstairs family room, and her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, and his body was found in his bed, the district attorney said.

Benoit, 40, apparently hanged himself hours later, Ballard said. His body was found in a downstairs weight room hanging from the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment.

The prosecutor said it appeared the wrestler remained in the house for up to a day with the bodies.

The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard said. He said he had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him growth hormones.

"The boy was very small, even dwarfed," Ballard said.

Toxicology test results may not be available for weeks or even months, Ballard said. As for whether steroids played a role in the crime, he said: "We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at."

Benoit received drug deliveries from a Florida business that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet, according to the Albany County, N.Y., District Attorney's Office, which is investigating the business, MedXLife.com.

Six people, including two of the pharmacy's owners, have pleaded guilty in the investigation, and 20 more have been arrested, including doctors and pharmacists.

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a statement Tuesday saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death."

"The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage," the company said, adding that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.

Steroids have been linked to the deaths of several professional wrestlers in recent years. Eddie Guerrero, one of Benoit's best friends, died in 2005 from heart failure linked to long-term steroid use.

The father of Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig blamed steroids and painkillers for Hennig's drug overdose death in 2003. Davey Boy Smith, the "British Bulldog," died in 2002 from heart failure that a coroner said was probably caused by steroids.

It seems that the son was the one taking steroids, they found needle marks

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why are all these sick, sorry excuses for men killing their spouses and kids???? I sure hope he's NOT resting is peace. Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif No clue. Some friends of mine are off their rockers as well, going on about how great he was. The man killed his wife and 7 yr old son - he's not that great!
How he ended his life kind of overshadows how he lived it, imo.

dito.gif

Back