Secret Santa 2014 input wanted

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
So I have one tiny concern. I might be traveling for the holidays on the earlier side this year, which, depending on the shipping method chosen, might mean I am traveling when the package arrives. I'd hate for it to be sitting out all that time. Is this something I could let my SS know in advance through an elf (once I know definitely when I'm leaving)? I'd prefer to not have it sent to where I'll be (flying, so difficult to travel with things back!), but of course don't want to inconvenience my santa either. Has anyone dealt with this before and have any thoughts?

So I have one tiny concern. I might be traveling for the holidays on the earlier side this year, which, depending on the shipping method chosen, might mean I am traveling when the package arrives. I'd hate for it to be sitting out all that time. Is this something I could let my SS know in advance through an elf (once I know definitely when I'm leaving)? I'd prefer to not have it sent to where I'll be (flying, so difficult to travel with things back!), but of course don't want to inconvenience my santa either. Has anyone dealt with this before and have any thoughts?
Shouldn't be a problem! I'm guessing a lot of people will be travelling around the holidays! I'd just let one of the organizers know what dates you'll be travelling & they can relay the information to your Santa. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: And, of course, make sure you'll still be able to send your own gift own gift out by the shipping deadline. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of this today too, so thank you for asking!  I am going to be in the Midwest from December 22-January 1st.  I am going to my parents house so I can totally get mail there and will adjust my send off around my vacation!

Yup.  In fact, I had this very situation happen to Midsummer:  My recipient had a family emergency that had her changing addresses unexpectedly.  It's not a problem at all as long as you're in communication with the organizers so they can get the information relayed as necessary!

I think I'd really like to join but I'm located in Poland and I don't know if anyone would like to do a swap to Europe. What's more, I'm worried I may get asked for some specific brands which are not available here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can definately offer some interesting brands and products which may be new to the US participants (or some Polish brands that are getting popular abroad) and lots of Korean stuff, but I won't be able to get some things like Nars, Tarte etc. for sure...

I think that a lot of people who sign up for international (at least in the US) do so because they are specifically *hoping* for brands and products they can't get at home!  I know that's why I do it (although I probably won't do so this time because I am hoping to go full indie this time around, and TAT with a lot of my favorite companies will mean I can't get things in time for the shipping deadline for international).  You might not see one of your home brands on wishlists, but that's most likely just because people simply don't know about them. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back