Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an amazing color, and it looks great on you!! When it came I stared at the bottle for like 5 minutes, it was just stunning.

I am so happy that you liked everything!! My hubby was with me when I bought the Snoopy DVD and he was like, we have that at home. I said it's not for me!! It's such a classic, and it's timeless. I don't know why but I just thought you needed it!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree! I haven't had any polish that looks like it, and the bottle itself is eye candy alone.

Also EVERYONE needs A Charlie Brown Christmas, you really performed a civic duty by making sure I had it!  :lol:

I must say ladies, very well done!! All of the gifts have been super fantastic!! I have even found myself checking out polishes that were given and thinking I have found one or two (or 10!!) that should be on my wishlist. And some of the extras were very cool, too. I would have been happy and honored to have any one of you wonderful ladies as my Santa.

I lost track of how many reveals we had, so I'm not sure if we're quite done or not, but I will say, logging in every day and seeing a new reveal has been the highlight of the season for me. No one in my "real" life shares my passion for nail polish, so to have a group dedicated to something so fun is wonderful. Now I must run off and decide which of my new pretties will be used first!!
This has been such a wonderful Secret Santa season! I've really enjoyed seeing all of the reveals, and seeing how people's personalities show through in the presents they buy. I was just thinking earlier that what makes these groups so much fun is that we can buy stuff that people we're friends/family with IRL might not necessarily be interested in.

We haven't had *all* of the reveals yet, but once we do I will post a list of who had who!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

good job ladies!!

is there more? I WANT TO SEE MORE /COMPLAINS let's do this again in january! 8D
We're not even 100% done with secret santa season and I'm already thinking about midsummer swap!  :lol:

(not 100% sure if i'll participate in the summer in 2015 because of the bar exam, but i'll need something fun to make life more enjoyable then, so....we shall see)

We're not even 100% done with secret santa season and I'm already thinking about midsummer swap!  :lol:

(not 100% sure if i'll participate in the summer in 2015 because of the bar exam, but i'll need something fun to make life more enjoyable then, so....we shall see)
I've been thinking about what I want to do differently for Midsummer since Secret Santa *started*!  I'm definitely glad we have a break to get ready for it, though.  I need some distance from this past week**, like, *now*. 

** Family stuff, not SeSa stuff, and not even family holiday stuff.  Just in case anyone was wondering.  I just want to hit fast-forward and make it be January already.

I decided to use the Revlon Wintermint first and WOW. At first I didn't smell anything, but just a few minutes after the first coat you can really smell the mint. It's awesome!! Love it!!!
So cool! I've always been curious about these polishes but was afraid of how they would actually smell hahahah.  :lol:

I've been thinking about what I want to do differently for Midsummer since Secret Santa *started*!  I'm definitely glad we have a break to get ready for it, though.  I need some distance from this past week**, like, *now*. 

** Family stuff, not SeSa stuff, and not even family holiday stuff.  Just in case anyone was wondering.  I just want to hit fast-forward and make it be January already.
I'm totally cool with making it January already.

So stoked to see what's in store for Midsummer! Seems like there's a huge demand for it, and I swear I learn something about what to do/what not to do from *every* secret santa season.

Ok, so in addition to the Wintermint I used the Julep top coat because I was too lazy to get up & get the one I have open. Wow, it's pretty amazing. It dried super fast under the light in my living room.

And I used the Julep clean up tool as well. It'll take some getting used to, but it did help a lot. I think with a little practice with it, it will be a great help.

Once again, thank you @@Lolo22 for such a an amazing gift. I am still in awe over it all!!

@@bonita22 is the best Santee ever, guys! I came home on Friday to find a package waiting for me.

Penguin wrapping paper, SO CUTE!
20141220_152516.jpg

Ahhhh! Deborah Lipmann minis in an adorable glitter pouch!
20141220_152537.jpg

Such gorgeous reds!
20141220_152600.jpg

I wouldn't even have expected a thank you card, let alone such a sweet gift. Thanks, @@bonita22!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@bonita22 is the best Santee ever, guys! I came home on Friday to find a package waiting for me.

Penguin wrapping paper, SO CUTE!
20141220_152516.jpg

Ahhhh! Deborah Lipmann minis in an adorable glitter pouch!
20141220_152537.jpg

Such gorgeous reds!
20141220_152600.jpg

I wouldn't even have expected a thank you card, let alone such a sweet gift. Thanks, @@bonita22!
damnit i was just saying in the other thread i was out of likes.

how utterly cute!! and what a charming makeup bag too

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am finally getting around to posting my reveal.  Sorry for the delay!  My wonderful Santa was @@Jac13 !  

Everything was put in this stocking!  I thought that was such a cute idea!  It's very soft :)

20141217_164051.jpg

Now on to the goodies inside.

20141217_164154.jpg

Cozy socks!  Perfect for winter!

20141217_170243_zpsf765ef7b.jpg

Yay! Three Zoya polishes!  I'm really excited about these!  @@Jac13 was nice enough to gift me Autumn, Blu, and Yuna   :w00t:

20141217_165300_zpse331dd76.jpg

Julep Luxe Care Hand Creme.  I've never tried this before but I've been using it and it is really nice.  Very moisturizing and a great scent!

20141219_083920_zpse29b07e2.jpg

Gummy Bears!  I love candy so I'm always happy to receive some.

20141222_172823_zpsb80aff51.jpg

The OPI Peanuts Collection.  I've wanted this since the very first time I saw it!  I'm so happy to finally own it!  It is so cute!  

20141222_172834.jpg

ILNP Reminisce!  Wow, this polish is so pretty!  I had it on my wish list and am so glad that @@Jac13 picked it out for me.  It is seriously stunning in person.  I have it on today and it shifts from green to blue and is beautiful.

20141217_164941.jpg

20141222_134020_zpsa244412a.jpg

20141222_134549_zps5bd0d1a8.jpg
\

Eeeeee!  Okay, now I know why I never received an Elfster request to PLEASE ADD MORE NON-INDIE POLISHES!  My Nails Santa was @@Christa W!  She’s probably just as devastated to shop for indie polish as I am to shop for indie eyeshadow:  Gee, twist my arm.  And, gah, SO MUCH AWESOME!  Thank you!  I can't believe these are *mine* now!  Apologies for the bad lighting.  I was trying to shield the bottles from too much reflection while simultaneously trying to keep Edgar away from playing with them, but it turns out I am not Kali.  Oh, and I just realized I forgot to include the cuticle pusher I had to hide from Ed because he *loves* chewing on stick-type things like pens, dowels, and cuticle pushers.  But it was in there.

6bd22d11-36ac-4eb6-837d-e0ced85f09d4_zps3ac26e1d.jpg

Four of the greatest things in the world:  Glitter, kitty, Pop Rocks, and Ghirardelli peppermint bark!  (Side note:  Yes, that pink afghan is in a lot of my photos this month.  My grandmother who just passed away a week and a half ago crocheted it for me when I was a kidlet, and I had to haul it out of storage in remembrance even though I haven't used it in over twenty years.) 

a4aeec77-0a51-425b-97f2-a632480fefa7_zpsf33459be.jpg

ADORABLE box!  (Ed is *helping" me untie the bow.  I couldn't get any photos of the box without him in it!)

a7a1b00b-e28f-4ea5-9857-9a2d996f76c3_zps0f9a0228.jpg
62a81416-7aa4-4821-a90a-91aff8b9b679_zps5b5558f4.jpg

Goodies, wrapped (yup, more Ed) and unwrapped!

• a-england Forthinghay Castle — I love a-england and have most of the first two lines (the Mythicals and Legends, if I recall the line names correctly), but this isn’t from either of those lines.  I don’t think I even knew this shade existed! 
  • Dance Legend Solar Eclipse — Unf.  A multichrome with scattered holo micro sparkle.  *thud*
  • A blue holo mini that @@Christa W made herself!  I'm working on thinking up a name for it since it doesn't have one.  (Spoiler:  It will reference _Alice in Wonderland_ in some way.)
  • Revlon nail strips — Swirly marble!  Purple and gold!  OH WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
  • Sephora X Toxic — A Prismatic!  
  • And as a grand finale, Mentality Legalized!  Because Oregon!

So, in summary, I guess no one can use any more exclamation points because I used them all up here!  These are awesome and perfect for me, and I can’t believe I didn’t have anything like any of these already!  @@Christa W is the greatest Nails Santa *ever*!  Thank you!  Now comes the hard part:  Deciding which one to wear first!

(And nothing for my kitties?  You have clearly never seen them with a cardboard box.  I need to empty out the tissue paper and bubble wrap so they can play one of their favorite games:  If I Fits, I Sits!)

(Also: the gift box?  SO ADORABLE!  Time to hide it from the monsters so they don't chew it up!)

Eeeeee! Okay, now I know why I never received an Elfster request to PLEASE ADD MORE NON-INDIE POLISHES! My Nails Santa was @@Christa W! She’s probably just as devastated to shop for indie polish as I am to shop for indie eyeshadow: Gee, twist my arm. And, gah, SO MUCH AWESOME! Thank you! I can't believe these are *mine* now! Apologies for the bad lighting. I was trying to shield the bottles from too much reflection while simultaneously trying to keep Edgar away from playing with them, but it turns out I am not Kali. Oh, and I just realized I forgot to include the cuticle pusher I had to hide from Ed because he *loves* chewing on stick-type things like pens, dowels, and cuticle pushers. But it was in there.

6bd22d11-36ac-4eb6-837d-e0ced85f09d4_zps3ac26e1d.jpg

Four of the greatest things in the world: Glitter, kitty, Pop Rocks, and Ghirardelli peppermint bark! (Side note: Yes, that pink afghan is in a lot of my photos this month. My grandmother who just passed away a week and a half ago crocheted it for me when I was a kidlet, and I had to haul it out of storage in remembrance even though I haven't used it in over twenty years.)

a4aeec77-0a51-425b-97f2-a632480fefa7_zpsf33459be.jpg

ADORABLE box! (Ed is *helping" me untie the bow. I couldn't get any photos of the box without him in it!)

a7a1b00b-e28f-4ea5-9857-9a2d996f76c3_zps0f9a0228.jpg
62a81416-7aa4-4821-a90a-91aff8b9b679_zps5b5558f4.jpg

Goodies, wrapped (yup, more Ed) and unwrapped!

• a-england Forthinghay Castle — I love a-england and have most of the first two lines (the Mythicals and Legends, if I recall the line names correctly), but this isn’t from either of those lines. I don’t think I even knew this shade existed!
  • Dance Legend Solar Eclipse — Unf. A multichrome with scattered holo micro sparkle. *thud*
  • A blue holo mini that @@Christa W made herself! I'm working on thinking up a name for it since it doesn't have one. (Spoiler: It will reference _Alice in Wonderland_ in some way.)
  • Revlon nail strips — Swirly marble! Purple and gold! OH WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
  • Sephora X Toxic — A Prismatic!
  • And as a grand finale, Mentality Legalized! Because Oregon!

So, in summary, I guess no one can use any more exclamation points because I used them all up here! These are awesome and perfect for me, and I can’t believe I didn’t have anything like any of these already! @@Christa W is the greatest Nails Santa *ever*! Thank you! Now comes the hard part: Deciding which one to wear first!

(And nothing for my kitties? You have clearly never seen them with a cardboard box. I need to empty out the tissue paper and bubble wrap so they can play one of their favorite games: If I Fits, I Sits!)

(Also: the gift box? SO ADORABLE! Time to hide it from the monsters so they don't chew it up!)
Yay!!! Glad it made it there safe!! I had a blast shopping for you it was SO hard to narrow them down. The a England is from the new collection who's name is slipping my mind atm. I vote for the Dance Legend first!!

Hi everyone!! Sorry I have been so MIA, I feel like absolutely the worst nails Santee EVER.

I'm back around now, though, and wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU TO @klg534.  The present is amazing and so overwhelming. I literally cried opening it.  I am sorry I did not post sooner but I literally just got back to my apartment today and when I saw i sitting there I was just so happy.

I will try my best to post a big full reveal tonight but THANK YOU OMG SO MUCH- You have absolutely NO IDEA how happy you've made me!

Okay, here we go- pictures!!! Again thank you SO VERY MUCH- it was absolutely perfect, I literally cried.

This is just the stuff that is NOT POLISH RELATED

It was all perfectly packaged and the latest addition to my rubber duck collection was right on top!

IMG_20141227_194605.jpgIMG_20141227_194648.jpgIMG_20141227_194703.jpg

Wonderful samples and hair ties... I'm not sure how you knew this but I am ALWAYS RUNNING OUT of hair ties, it is the bain of my existence, so thanks!!!

IMG_20141227_194737.jpgIMG_20141227_194820.jpg

I just about died when I saw this...it is pretty much my fave thing in the universe!!

IMG_20141227_194901.jpg

I really needed a pumice, and the yes to brand can do no wrong by me

IMG_20141227_194954.jpgIMG_20141227_195022.jpg

I've already used the champaign bubble bath, smells awesome!!! And Philosophy is also one of my fave brands!

IMG_20141227_195102.jpgIMG_20141227_195136.jpg

Josie Maran agran oil is my obsession, and I love the lippie and body butters thank you so much! Whish is also one of my all time faves, and I just love vanilla scents.

IMG_20141227_195159.jpgIMG_20141227_195249.jpgIMG_20141227_195311.jpgIMG_20141227_195349.jpg

And here is the polish:

WONDERFUL colors by BL (prob my all time fave brand) and KB Shimmer, a wonderful indie!!

IMG_20141227_195439.jpgIMG_20141227_195515.jpg

I love these colors so much and am actually wearing the blue with the white topper over it RIGHT NOW.  Thank you thank you!

IMG_20141227_195545.jpg

Some great fun colors and yaaaaay to glitter, which I love!!!

IMG_20141227_195626.jpgIMG_20141227_195646.jpgIMG_20141227_195717.jpgIMG_20141227_195737.jpg

More wonderful colors and some ABSOLUTELY PERFECT decals that I can't wait to try!!! Also always have use for nail filers/buffers! Amazing! 

IMG_20141227_195754.jpgIMG_20141227_195822.jpgIMG_20141227_195936.jpgIMG_20141227_200003.jpg IMG_20141227_194924.jpg IMG_20141227_195224.jpg

@@klg534 I honestly want you to know from the bottom of my heart that this could not have been more perfect, and that it means the absolute world to me to have had a Santa who  spent so much time and thought an effort personalizing my gift.  I am sorry I have not been able to post/thank you until now.  You truly are the best!!!

Back