Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is that all of them? I'm gonna miss all the pretty reveals if so....
Just an update, we had one missing package unfortunately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The lovely santa just re-sent out the package so we should have one more reveal! After that, I'll post the full list.

Sorry its taken so long to wrap up y'all. I just wanted to try to make the Secret Santa experience as "normal" as possible for the one person waiting. So now lets eagerly watch and wait for the last reveal!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just an update, we had one missing package unfortunately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The lovely santa just re-sent out the package so we should have one more reveal! After that, I'll post the full list.
Oh no! ): Awful. I don't know the current USPS policies, but I've seen them add automatically a $50 insurance to the packages I've sent that are 1+lbs. I hope she can get some of her money back. Super r00d USPS

Oh no! ): Awful. I don't know the current USPS policies, but I've seen them add automatically a $50 insurance to the packages I've sent that are 1+lbs. I hope she can get some of her money back. Super r00d USPS
Unfortunately it was a UPS package, and they don't include insurance.

Santa had no way of knowing this would happen since she's never had a problem in the past, sucks that of all times it had to happen it was during Secret Santa - but my moderator mommy word of the wise for the future to everyone here is ALWAYS use USPS, since the $50 insurance is super easy to get, and it will make re-shopping *much* less stressful, if it comes to that.

I'll probably even talk to the rest of the staff about making something about insurance required for the future exchanges, because I want to protect everyone involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last reveal for 2014 Nails SS :)

My amazing Santa was @@Jwls750

She shipped my original package with UPS and they either lost it or it was stolen from my leasing office and I just felt so awful about it. I would have been super heartbroken if my gift for my Santee had been lost/stolen/whatever so I really felt for her. And honestly I was already very appreciative and grateful because I'm 2000% sure the gift was amazing, but she actually sent me a second gift! Did I mention that she's beyond awesome? All the kudos to you, girl! 

And without further ado, the reveal:

First up, Orly matte top coat. I've never tried any Orly products despite seeing them all the time at Ulta, so I'm glad to have one of their products to try. I love doing matte nails for work so I can't get enough matte top coats.  

IMG_8486.JPG

Sally Hansen reverse french nail polish strips! I've never used these before (or even heard of them for that matter) but I talked about how I love super glittery nails for weekends and going out, and this fits the bill perfectly. Plus points for being strips that are easier to remove than actual glitter polish :)

IMG_8487.JPG

Nail wraps! My other SS introduced me to nail wraps and I'm really excited to have some more to play with. These are also textured so they look extra fancy. There's enough for a mani and a matching pedi (yay!) 

IMG_8488.JPG

OPI polish thinner, which is perfect because I just ran out of my Seche one. I go through thinner pretty quickly since Julep's formula is always so inconsistent and weird. Hopefully this gigantic OPI bottle will last me a long time. Bonus points since I have a huge OPI collection, most of which could use at least a drop of this stuff. 

IMG_8489.JPG

Essie in "A Cut Above". Basically the perfect color for me: pink glitter. I somehow don't have any Essie glitters, and nothing even close to a dupe for this color. I love it so much! Hoping to wear it next weekend for a wedding :D

IMG_8490.JPG

Nail stickers (or nail tattoos? Reading the back it seems to work like temporary tattoos by using water) and tape! 

IMG_8491.JPG

Thank you so much for everything, @@Jwls750! I love everything and I am so excited that I received all these wonderful goodies from you that feel totally tailored to my tastes. I am incredibly grateful for all the time and effort you put into my gifts!!! <3 <3 <3 

Last reveal for 2014 Nails SS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My amazing Santa was @@Jwls750

She shipped my original package with UPS and they either lost it or it was stolen from my leasing office and I just felt so awful about it. I would have been super heartbroken if my gift for my Santee had been lost/stolen/whatever so I really felt for her. And honestly I was already very appreciative and grateful because I'm 2000% sure the gift was amazing, but she actually sent me a second gift! Did I mention that she's beyond awesome? All the kudos to you, girl! 

And without further ado, the reveal:

First up, Orly matte top coat. I've never tried any Orly products despite seeing them all the time at Ulta, so I'm glad to have one of their products to try. I love doing matte nails for work so I can't get enough matte top coats.  

IMG_8486.JPG

Sally Hansen reverse french nail polish strips! I've never used these before (or even heard of them for that matter) but I talked about how I love super glittery nails for weekends and going out, and this fits the bill perfectly. Plus points for being strips that are easier to remove than actual glitter polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_8487.JPG

Nail wraps! My other SS introduced me to nail wraps and I'm really excited to have some more to play with. These are also textured so they look extra fancy. There's enough for a mani and a matching pedi (yay!) 

IMG_8488.JPG

OPI polish thinner, which is perfect because I just ran out of my Seche one. I go through thinner pretty quickly since Julep's formula is always so inconsistent and weird. Hopefully this gigantic OPI bottle will last me a long time. Bonus points since I have a huge OPI collection, most of which could use at least a drop of this stuff. 

IMG_8489.JPG

Essie in "A Cut Above". Basically the perfect color for me: pink glitter. I somehow don't have any Essie glitters, and nothing even close to a dupe for this color. I love it so much! Hoping to wear it next weekend for a wedding :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_8490.JPG

Nail stickers (or nail tattoos? Reading the back it seems to work like temporary tattoos by using water) and tape! 

IMG_8491.JPG

Thank you so much for everything, @@Jwls750! I love everything and I am so excited that I received all these wonderful goodies from you that feel totally tailored to my tastes. I am incredibly grateful for all the time and effort you put into my gifts!!! <3 <3 <3
I am so glad you finally got the 2nd gift. Haha! I was so nervous something would happen to that too. Glad you liked it!

Back