• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The item I really wanted (the Algenist Eye Balm kit) is out of stock and since it's a LE probably not coming back.  But I'll be darned if I allow my $20 coupon to go to waste!  

I usually try to wait for a good 100 pt perk to add to an order.  But the IT Kits were still coming up and I didn't want to lose the opportunity - so I finally caved and ordered today.

I got:

- 2 Ole Hendriksen Naked Truth kits : I also like the serum we got in Glossybox.  So will stock up and enjoy the added cream.

- Koh Gen Do Spa Water : I'm almost out of this and it's by far my favorite eye make-up remover I've ever tried so far.  I'm trying to use up the Kate Somerville and Lancome samples but always reach for this.  It works better and so gentle...

- IT Kit #1 (In the Glow) : Already have it but for some reason kit #3 bores me.  I love the shower stuff in this set, as well as the mascara, hair mist, Stila card, bare minerals luminator.  I'm a bronzing nut so I'll use the St. Tropez at some point I'm sure.

- 3 perfume samples: whatever.  They usually substitue samples anyways.

Now to order or not to order the Algenist Eye Balm kit from the Algenist website directly.  That is the question... I got a sample from Sephora and been using it on my right eye with my usual Murad on the left.  I do think I like it but not sure if I like it more...but with two extra samples I'd go with it!

I'm a bit annoyed did a second order to get another itkit 3 and they sub the Laura m for a sample of purity!! And no Ud spray. This was one of the reasons I bought more. Oh well anyone wants to trade let me know I think the purity is 1 oz nice size I just don't want it

was there a substitute for the UD spray? I'm getting kit 3 tomorrow or friday and I just want to know what not to expect

Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a bit annoyed did a second order to get another itkit 3 and they sub the Laura m for a sample of purity!! And no Ud spray. This was one of the reasons I bought more. Oh well anyone wants to trade let me know I think the purity is 1 oz nice size I just don't want it
That sucks.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I re-ordered and got that specifically for the spray.

Originally Posted by mirandamanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

was there a substitute for the UD spray? I'm getting kit 3 tomorrow or friday and I just want to know what not to expect
I received an it kit #3 today and there were a couple substitutions:

Thierry Mugler alien perfume: replaced with DKNY be delicious perfume spray 0.05 fl oz
UD de-slick: replaced with UD brightening makeup base 0.17 fl oz

I'm wondering if they subbed all the UD spray because they put it in the mystery bags instead. : They definitely weren't out since a bunch of people with the mystery bags mentioned getting them.

Damn, i wanted another itkit #3 but I'd be annoyed if I didn't get the spray. No other offers really catch my eye though

In my last itkit #3 from my order placed last week they subbed the Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara with another Sephora Instant Moisturizer sample (so 2 in that bag).  They had a Lancome mascara sampler promo going on at the same time, so I'm guessing they took some out of the itkits. Little annoying b/c it's not really a comparable product or another product from the brand, but I actually really like the moisturizer so it evens out for me. It did still have the Alien, LM exfoliator, and the DeSlick though. 

Well, at least now I know not to expect it which is a plus.  :-/

I've been wanting to try that for ages.  I didn't even realize they still had the itkits or else I would have ordered it the first go around.  Wah wah.  Not like it wasn't *free* or anything, but it still is disappointing.  They might as well discontinue the kit/turn the leftovers into something else instead of giving out hacked up versions of it.

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, at least now I know not to expect it which is a plus.  :-/

I've been wanting to try that for ages.  I didn't even realize they still had the itkits or else I would have ordered it the first go around.  Wah wah.  Not like it wasn't *free* or anything, but it still is disappointing.  They might as well discontinue the kit/turn the leftovers into something else instead of giving out hacked up versions of it.
^Agree! I don't have the best skin to use 'brighteners' so the brightening makeup base will be given away or traded...I love the Clarins primer and the tarte powder that come in the #3 itkit so as long as those aren't substituted I'm a happy camper 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Was the shipping free? Did they say anything about having to spend $50 to get your $20 off?

I received two it kits today and one had the All Nighter spray the other had De Slick so there is still some hope for some of you ladies.  I'm thinking Sephora has warehouses across the US so it probably depends on where your order came from...I could be wrong though...

I'm getting an order with an it kit #3 tomorrow and now I'm going nuts wondering what will be subbed! Crossing my fingers to get all the items exactly as shown!

I just checked Sephora's site and it looks like the ITKIT's are all gone! I tried entering the promo code and it is no longer valid. Unfortunately this isn't reflected on the link sephora.com/itkit, it still looks like they are available. Thankfully I was able to get several of these kits so I am happy(One #1, One #2 and Two #3's). Hopefully they have another good special soon!

Awww i wanted to grab another #3 but that's okay.

I checked out the annoying app they made us do, and you can get a deluxe sample with the code FRAMED. I'd rather have just gotten a mystery bag though since they seem to be a lot of items that just were in the bags...

I'm trying to decide among which of the ones that still work I'd actually want. :

As of this morning, all the ones shown on the promo page were working, and AQUA for a MUFE aqualiner and LABSHINE for a mini gloss were working. (I went for the MUFE liner, gonna try out something new and colourful for free, also it's 75% of the regular size...)

Sephora's website has been wonky for me today, ie it can't go to certain pages and sometimes can't even open at all. Anyone else having issues?

Originally Posted by madeupMegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As of this morning, all the ones shown on the promo page were working, and AQUA for a MUFE aqualiner and LABSHINE for a mini gloss were working. (I went for the MUFE liner, gonna try out something new and colourful for free, also it's 75% of the regular size...)

Sephora's website has been wonky for me today, ie it can't go to certain pages and sometimes can't even open at all. Anyone else having issues?
 Someone pointed out to me all the active ones are here? http://www.sephora.com/beauty-deals The only two on here I'd be interested in are the Ojon shampoo (i love travel size shampoo...goo hoarding lol) and the Eyeko eyeliner. >:

The Eyeko one looks good. I just read reviews that the sample wasn't that big, so that's why I'm suggesting the other two as samples. If you type in the AQUA & LABSHINE codes in the promo box, you still get to pick the colour & it shows up in your basket.

There was some kind of US only mystery bag as well code: YOURGIFT. I have no details on that sample since it was US only & wouldn't go in my basket.

Hope that helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just to recap( and to have it handy when I need it)

Working codes(with just a purchase of $25):

YOURGIFT - different options for a deluxe sample

AQUA - MUA Eyeliner

LABSHINE - MUA lipgloss

FRAMED - different options for a deluxe sample

EYEKO - eyeko eyeliner 

DEFEND - lab series moisturizer

REBELLIOUS - MUA mascara

TRYSTILA - 3 stila shadow cards

MARACUJA - tarte's maracuja sample

PHILO3 - trio of philosophy products

FIRMING - caudalie sample

BRIGHTMASK - boscia mask sample

MASQUE - Masqueology mask sample

RECOVERY - ojon duo

FREESTYLE - updo/blow dry or style at select salons + bumble & bumble sample of grooming creme*

PARIS - balenciaga sample

ESCADA - 1 of 3 escada samples

BUXOM2 - choice of 2 of 4 different buxom samples

VIBTARTE - 3 Tarte samples, purchase of $35, VIBs only

Expired codes:

ITKIT

UNDERWRAPS
BUXOMGIRL

LITTLELUX

Back