• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed two orders for Christmas gifts for people, and paid shipping on both to get two kits.  Yeah, it's $6 more than I woulda paid on each, but each ITKIT is almost two really good Birchboxes.  Figure a 5-sample BB is $2/sample and you get $1/sample back for reviews, so $1 per sample.  Using that number, these would be a $9 equivalent (+ free little bag and extra 3 small samples) - AND you're assured that there are no twist bands or Larabars!
This. So much. <3

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed two orders for Christmas gifts for people, and paid shipping on both to get two kits.  Yeah, it's $6 more than I woulda paid on each, but each ITKIT is almost two really good Birchboxes.  Figure a 5-sample BB is $2/sample and you get $1/sample back for reviews, so $1 per sample.  Using that number, these would be a $9 equivalent (+ free little bag and extra 3 small samples) - AND you're assured that there are no twist bands or Larabars!
Yup.  Normally I wait to place an order until I have $50+ worth of stuff I need, but six bucks is worth it for the NARS lip pencil alone (obv I went with Kit 2).  Plus now I can just wait to buy everything else until early December, when the $15/$20 off codes get emailed!

I went ahead and placed two orders and paid for the second shipping to be able to get two of the itkits (totally agree with the BB analogy - it was so worth the $6).  After I did so, I went back and closely read the tiny print.  It said something like "one offer per client" and I thought, ugh, if I'd have known that I would have used the TarteVIB code and gotten the 2 tarte mascaras and the marajuca oil.  But.  I've got shipping confirmation on both orders and the itkits are included in both, so I think those of us who placed two orders with two codes are fine.  Whew.  

I'm curious as to what people ordered to qualify for their It Kits.  I ordered something daring that I've been wanting for awhile and never actually went ahead and bought - Nars Blush in Exhibit A.  That blush is red.  I'm hoping for a Snow White look, light skin and flushed cheeks, I'll try to use it with a light hand.  (I think I just revealed my love affair with Once Upon a Time . . . love the makeup on that show!)  I have their Orgasm/Laguna duo and Orgasm doesn't do much for me, it is a little paler than I had hoped for.  Maybe I need to just put it on with a heavier hand, I don't know.

On a super happy note for me, my order already shipped! I'm super surprised because I placed Friday night -- not exactly a business day. I'm surprised there were people working and shipping, but I'm very pleasantly pleased. Thanks Sephora!

I'm so tempted to place another order for kit #2 (got Kit #3 -- wanted to try those things more, but I did want both). I have a few things picked out already that add up exactly that $25, but I wanted a particular UD eyeshadow which they sold out... Q__Q I'll just have to be patient and hope they restock before kit #2 sells out

Sooo tempting but I do NOT need any of it and I definitely don't need to place an order. Sad though cause I want it haha.
Me too. Thank gosh my Sephora had that same Nars lip pencil for a 100 point perk already, or I'd be having a makeup dilemma of epic proportions. Knowing Lancôme, I'll get to test drive that mascara at some point too. (They do usually have good mascaras!) I still want kits 1 & 2, but don't want to pay s&h really. And don't want to spend $100+ when the VIB discount should be right around the corner. Hoping the Murad cleanser goes on some trade threads tho! I like that cleanser sometimes!

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. Thank gosh my Sephora had that same Nars lip pencil for a 100 point perk already, or I'd be having a makeup dilemma of epic proportions. Knowing Lancôme, I'll get to test drive that mascara at some point too. (They do usually have good mascaras!)

I still want kits 1 & 2, but don't want to pay s&h really. And don't want to spend $100+ when the VIB discount should be right around the corner.

Hoping the Murad cleanser goes on some trade threads tho! I like that cleanser sometimes!
Ooh, I would have been all over that 100 pt. perk for a Nars lip pencil.  How do you like it?  I have a some points to spend but I can't find anything that really wows me.  I was going to do the 2 tubes of the Clinique dark spot correcter for 100 points but it hasn't gotten great reviews.  I'm hoping for a really cool, blow out 500 point value set, either in makeup or skincare.  Does anyone know if they put more/better point perks up closer to the holidays or maybe even less?  I love that Murad cleanser too, through subs and GWP's I have enough cleanser to last me a couple of years, lol.  

For my other order I picked up the 5 piece Tarte lipsurgence set that I was going to get anyway and the Sephora & Pantone Universe Shades of Nature Eye Shadow Palette that was originally $48 but is on clearance for $17.  I love their clearance section.  I also want some lip tars but they were out of the gift set.  Has anyone had success with those?  It seems like people either love them or hate them.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also want some lip tars but they were out of the gift set.  Has anyone had success with those?  It seems like people either love them or hate them.
I love them and highly recommend them! I'd say they're my HG lip product except that their colors aren't really great for everyday/workplace wear, at least not with my coloring. I own four of them (traded away a fifth) and I really wish I had more occasions to wear them.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love them and highly recommend them! I'd say they're my HG lip product except that their colors aren't really great for everyday/workplace wear, at least not with my coloring. I own four of them (traded away a fifth) and I really wish I had more occasions to wear them.
I dont own any lip tars.  Are they sticky? or how sticky are they? 

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont own any lip tars.  Are they sticky? or how sticky are they? 
Not sticky at all. They're not like glosses. They dry fairly matte. If you have dry lips, they can be a little drying. I wear mine over the Pixi lip primer that I got through Birchbox.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sticky at all. They're not like glosses. They dry fairly matte. If you have dry lips, they can be a little drying. I wear mine over the Pixi lip primer that I got through Birchbox.
thanks! my lips get very dry. they may not be for me

Ooh, I would have been all over that 100 pt. perk for a Nars lip pencil.  How do you like it?  I have a some points to spend but I can't find anything that really wows me.  I was going to do the 2 tubes of the Clinique dark spot correcter for 100 points but it hasn't gotten great reviews.  I'm hoping for a really cool, blow out 500 point value set, either in makeup or skincare.  Does anyone know if they put more/better point perks up closer to the holidays or maybe even less?  I love that Murad cleanser too, through subs and GWP's I have enough cleanser to last me a couple of years, lol.   For my other order I picked up the 5 piece Tarte lipsurgence set that I was going to get anyway and the Sephora & Pantone Universe Shades of Nature Eye Shadow Palette that was originally $48 but is on clearance for $17.  I love their clearance section.  I also want some lip tars but they were out of the gift set.  Has anyone had success with those?  It seems like people either love them or hate them.
The Nars pencil is nice... The shade in New Lover is gorgeous and it can work on most shades. It's a nice texture and coverage and not drying IMO. Part of me wants to stock pile another, but I have so many lip glosses and pencils its very unlikely I'll ever use it all up. And if I do I can buy it.

I ordered two of the smaller gift sets I had been wanting to order so I could get kit #1 (obsessed with st. tropez products)

and kit #2, everybody loves Nars, and I wanted to try the Lancome makeup remover. 

I ordered the Movie cool as Ice set, and the Stila 5 eyeliner kits. 

It was hard not hitting the $50 mark for free shipping, but the samples in the kits definitely made up for it. I will be ordering the more expensive gift sets later in the year whenever they do something for VIB members :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have placed 3 separate orders to get each of the three It Kits. I hate paying shipping so all of the orders were $50 plus... I definitely have a beauty sample problem!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get the sephora catalog today?

I just received an invite, no catalog and that $10 thingy. You're fast. Was abt to post the same thing. heeeeheeee

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received an invite, no catalog and that $10 thingy. You're fast. Was abt to post the same thing. heeeeheeee
lol. Im excited for the $10 sale... I got 2 bottles of adora last year and love them... The invite is cool, but I already made 2 F&F orders with the employee code.

Back