• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Rouge Members - Banned? Discuss!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkrosebella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did they ever reinstate your account? I'm sorry this happened to you. If the order went through then how were you supposed to know if using two offers could potentially get you banned? I would call them to complain to a supervisor or manager. Seems like they are giving different reasons to you as they did with me

I don't have time to call them again since the last call, and I doubt if they will let me talk to the manager. But I will try. 

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  just wondering -- if your order get cancelled (due to banning or due to item being stock or whatever), do they send you an email to notify you? or does your order just kinda..disappear?
You will get an email if you order is cancelled, and you can see from your sephora account too. Usually you order will get cancelled in less than 1 hour if your account is banned.

Here is my prediction... You will see more of this happening during the after Christmas sale if they don't fix the computer system in charge of this. I don't want to get banned but if I see something on sale I'm going to buy multiples...

I think they will eventually change the perks of the programs. Like l limited free shipping to twice a month or something like that

@elsahxh maybe the "too many accounts with your address" thing could be because you live in an apartment. Could be previous people who lived in your apartment never changed their address on their membership? Really, that's pulling at straws though.

I stopped using my VIB membership when I saw that I had negative 200-something points. I found out that it came from some free "gift with purchase" item they put in my bag with my last purchase without telling me it would cost a whole bunch of points. I had a lot of points before that too. They wouldn't correct the problem. Sorry if that's off topic...

Quote: Originally Posted by Mystica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In ohsailor's defense, we had spoken in pm's back when both of us were still having our doubts about all of this, and we even speculated on the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls given the low post counts.  So it's not like either of us didn't notice the low post counts or that the possibility that these could be sock accounts/trolls didn't occur to us.  But both of us ended up rejecting that possibility.  

And yeah, in most of the discussion about it, me and ohsailor were among the more cynical people participating in the discussion. 

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about this.
Thank you so much for this. <3 It was very frustrating when the post that made the allegations was allowed to stay up and my post defending myself against it was deleted and I was given a warning. To be clear, I understand being a mod is no easy job, but the post I'm referring to was way beyond the pale and beyond cruel.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohsailor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you so much for this. <3 It was very frustrating when the post that made the allegations was allowed to stay up and my post defending myself against it was deleted and I was given a warning. To be clear, I understand being a mod is no easy job, but the post I'm referring to was way beyond the pale and beyond cruel.
i saw both posts, and i agree with you! although i think the reason yours was taken down is because of the personal information? if i'm not mistaken..

Quote: Originally Posted by KateLovesYSL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi everyone,

I've been following the sephora active codes thread since September and was pretty addicted to Sephora (and got my BF addicted too!) until I experienced the same problem as others who are getting in trouble for spending money with Sephora.

I joined specifically to tell you that this banning stuff is not made up.

This morning, I posted on the Beauty Talk thread related to the Policy Code Violation/Banning that was posted in previous replies on this forum using the same user name, KateLovesYSL.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/UPDATE-POLICY-VIOLATION-CANCELLED-ORDERS-AND-BANNING/td-p/880459

After posting, Sephora answered in their usual corporate lingo and I believe made it so that further replies or comments could not be posted.  I tried to answer questions that people asked but got error message each of the 10 times I tried to reply. That's why I asked a question about Naked 3 in another post to see if it was a problem with the whole site or if it was just for that discussion. And, just like I thought, it was just for that dicussion. Sephora is trying to prevent people from talking about this and have not addressed this problem like a company that relies on repeat business should.

I too feel hurt and insulted that this is happening to me. They have yet to contact me back even after I posted this morning.

See, the fact that they respond the way they do instead of saying "These are flat-out lies by members, here is the truth" or have Sephora issue a statement along the same lines (considering this has hit Cosumerist, I have no doubt the higher-ups are aware of the situation now) proves to me that this IS happening. There is no denial on their part, no "these members were banned because we know they used fraudulent cards, ordered extreme amounts of multiples or have many accounts blah blah" to ease other members' minds. How can you NOT think something is up?

Also, again, I'm not here to fight with the mods, but I was told that there should be no more talk of bannings on the main board because it was "making members uncomfortable." Why? I understand moving it if it was taking over the main board (and note, every time I made a new post about the bans I ASKED members if they wanted me to move it to another board) but considering that a) it's very pertinent to the main board at hand and B) the fact that there have only been about 8 posts per day lately, I don't quite understand the need to have this moved to begin with (also, whenever anything gets moved to a sub-board, it basically dies a slow death, let's face it). Mostly, though, I'm confused about why talking about the bannings would make anyone "uncomfortable." So strange.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their support. That attack against me wasn't just extremely bizarre and confusing, it was very hurtful.

I'm completely new to this discussion and don't want to sidetrack it too much, but I don't understand how people could even buy things at Sephora even with some discount and make any money reselling it? I hardly ever shop there because I can almost always find better deals somewhere else.

I'm completely new to this discussion and don't want to sidetrack it too much, but I don't understand how people could even buy things at Sephora even with some discount and make any money reselling it? I hardly ever shop there because I can almost always find better deals somewhere else.
Two words: Disney collection. I think the Cinderella mirrors were going for well over a hundred bucks a pop.

GWPs, in particular there was a Kat Von D one that didn't have a minimum purchase requirement that some people used multiple times. Those are now going on ebay for about $10-15.

GWPs, in particular there was a Kat Von D one that didn't have a minimum purchase requirement that some people used multiple times. Those are now going on ebay for about $10-15.
Wow, I am way too lazy to do something like that, lol, seems like a lot of drama for a little payoff.

people will also buy up limited edition items and sell them for a huge mark-up.  The Disney collection, as mentioned, and the hourglass ambient palette were big ones.

I was banned from placing orders online on sephora. I am yet to hear back from them. Regardless I have already taken my money elsewhere.
Can I ask what this is about? I am VIP Rouge and I just ran across and of course I am curious about what is happening. Can anyone update me! Please? I would appreciate.

Back