• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Rouge Members - Banned? Discuss!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two words: Disney collection. I think the Cinderella mirrors were going for well over a hundred bucks a pop.
I do have 3 mirrors I got as gifts in my possession now. So your saying that I can go out and sell them for $100 ???? Not that I will, but I can't believe people will do that? Wow. I am rouge. I guess I am not getting the jest of this? Should probably stay out, but was curious.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do have 3 mirrors I got as gifts in my possession now. So your saying that I can go out and sell them for $100 ???? Not that I will, but I can't believe people will do that? Wow. I am rouge. I guess I am not getting the jest of this? Should probably stay out, but was curious.
Have you never seen the Target or H&M designer collab collections? People will buy anything up and sell it at a markup on ebay as long as people are willing to pay for it.

Have you never seen the Target or H&M designer collab collections? People will buy anything up and sell it at a markup on ebay as long as people are willing to pay for it.
Wow, I guess it didn't even cross my mind. I would hate because I bought three of them to be banned. I can't believe they do that to people.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I guess it didn't even cross my mind. I would hate because I bought three of them to be banned. I can't believe they do that to people.
It sucks but I appreciate that companies have been making an effort to limit people from purchasing too many of a single item. Most sites will usually disclose what the max amount one can purchase is, if there is a limit. I've never paid attention to whether sephora has any limits explicitly outlined.

It sucks but I appreciate that companies have been making an effort to limit people from purchasing too many of a single item. Most sites will usually disclose what the max amount one can purchase is, if there is a limit. I've never paid attention to whether sephora has any limits explicitly outlined.
I guess I think it's naive of a big mainstream company like Sephora to create limited edition items and then get annoyed when people take advantage of the collector's market that springs up..... it's not like anyone could get a truckload of them and make millions just by being a member of a rewards program... at most people are going to make a couple hundred bucks which they will probably turn around and spend at Sephora...

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I think it's naive of a big mainstream company like Sephora to create limited edition items and then get annoyed when people take advantage of the collector's market that springs up..... it's not like anyone could get a truckload of them and make millions just by being a member of a rewards program... at most people are going to make a couple hundred bucks which they will probably turn around and spend at Sephora...

So true!

Quote: Originally Posted by akritenbrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think they are surprised by it, I just think they are doing what they can to limit it.  There is only so much they can do, but I am relieved at the very least that they are trying.  (I am not saying that I think they are going about it the right way, but from reading in the sephora community , at least one person was definitely buying to resell.  I just think most people who do that aren't going to complain publicly about sephora putting their foot down.  They just need to be better at fixing the problem if they make a mistake)

I just made VIB and then Rogue in the course of a 2 day shopping spree (don't ask, LOL) and bought multiples. I did this for totally innocent reasons: they were great deals, I haven't been able to exchange holiday gifts with my daughter yet and she turns 21 next month. So, I got some great things for ME and a LOT of awesome stuff for my daughter, who is also a makeup artist. I didn't even know VIB or Rogue existed at that point, as I had not shopped at Sephora in years. I sure hope I am not flagged or banned. An interesting thing I read though, is that if a Rogue member returns purchases that would normally take away the title and thus benefits of being Rogue status by reducing overall spending, they will NOT take away the title nor benefits. Odd, right? I'm sorry these things have happened to y'all and I hope I don't get caught up in the debacle. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just made VIB and then Rogue in the course of a 2 day shopping spree (don't ask, LOL) and bought multiples. I did this for totally innocent reasons: they were great deals, I haven't been able to exchange holiday gifts with my daughter yet and she turns 21 next month. So, I got some great things for ME and a LOT of awesome stuff for my daughter, who is also a makeup artist. I didn't even know VIB or Rogue existed at that point, as I had not shopped at Sephora in years. I sure hope I am not flagged or banned. An interesting thing I read though, is that if a Rogue member returns purchases that would normally take away the title and thus benefits of being Rogue status by reducing overall spending, they will NOT take away the title nor benefits. Odd, right? I'm sorry these things have happened to y'all and I hope I don't get caught up in the debacle. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have been a VIB Rouge since the beginning and this is the first I have heard about a debacle. I haven't had anything done to me. I sometimes order $25 and sometimes I order $104 but I order when I see something I want especially if it's limited edition or such because I want to make sure I will get it. Also if they have a good gift I might order something on my wish list to get it. No one has questioned from sephora about this and to be honest I don't know why they should. They are the ones that offered up the free postage etc. . .so if they didn't want to honor it they shouldn't have offered???? I am really not sure what it's all about, I just know no one has given me a hard time.

I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it at all. These incidents seem really isolated and not widespread. I wouldn't change your ordering practices, unless you feel like you're doing something unethical (like those people you hear about who return makeup that's almost used up completely).

I am not stressed as I haven't had a problem with Sephora at all. They haven't given me any problems at all and I enjoy ordering from them. I have many many points with them and I think am a good customer with very little returns and then most of them were due to me receiving the wrong product which wasn't my fault. They have always been gracious over anything. It's too bad that some people have problems with them. I can't relate and was even surprizee to hear about it. I hope they can get them ironed out soon.

I have to say, I haven't heard much- I'd like to think they fixed the "formula" for what got who banned? But who knows.

Banned 12 days ago after hitting VIB rouge.  Placed 3 orders in one day (over $25 each) and returned some product, $200 worth, mostly untouched (after keeping $1000 worth in less that 2 months). 

Phoned 4 times, got 4 different answers ... it was my card, no it's my address, no it's because my sister has an account too and only one account is allowed per address, no it's because you need to prove your identity by going into the store with ID and proof of address, no it's because you need to use a different credit card.  Nothing solved even after cooperating %100. 

They weren't truthful with me. After being told repeatedly that the problem was solved and I could order now, still my orders didn't go through.  I've heard nothing from them and they promised to get back to me within 10 days.  And now when I call they tell me there's a note on my account saying they're not allowed to speak with me, even though I was very polite on the phone and simply had one question ... "why?"

VIB rouge means unlimited free shipping on any order.  Why is Sephora not upfront with its customers about what they consider to be "abuse" resulting in termination of online shopping ability for clients?  Why don't they take responsibility for setting blocks in place to not allow people to order too much ... ahead of letting the order go through!? Why not alert us, especially if it's our responsibility to know their acceptable limit?!  Or give a warning if we're ordering too many delux samples or returning too much product. If you're going to ban someone for something, at least give them the respect of an explanation. 

Never was I told as a VIB that placing 3 x $50 orders in a day was wrong of me.  That was the previous limit to get free shipping, and if I was ordering $150 worth of stuff, I figured I should get 3 delux samples as a reward for choosing to spend my dollars there. 

They offered for my to shop in store now instead.  Many products are only available online.  I won't be giving them anymore of my $ unless this is resolved. 

This is the new thread fo discussing the Rouge members that have been banned by Sephora.  Please remember our TOS and do not make any personal statements against any other MUT member in this thread.  Refer to our Terms of Service or ask a moderator if you have any questions!
I was banned from sephora forum before I was even a rouge member they claimed I was the one doing things but the reality was sephora forum users were harassing me and cyber bullying me numerous times on every post / thread I wrote in .It didnt matter what I said someone had a negative b***** comment about it.I finally got sick of it and told people off individually since they made personal attacks on me about things I did the same to them only difference is it was me against a whole forum of angry unhappy jealous women and a few homosexual men.

It had nothing to do with purchases as far as I know.But the women on that sephora forum were straight up terrible towards me and for no legit reason.I would post topics about makeup and people would make personal attacks on me afterwards.

One rouge member at the time ( I 'am a  rouge member now currently  but this was before this happened ) she said oh  come on your not even  a rouge member in other words she tried to say that I didnt have any money.Truth be told I dont purchase all makeup I buy at sephora and thats the truth lol.I buy makeup I like not just brand names I like indie brands and Inglot and Mally all of which you cant buy at sephora.

So yeah you wouldnt think sephora forum members are snobby / think they are better than anyone especially since sephora isnt what I would call where rich people buy their makeup but yeah I was shocked by the lack of respect on the forum.It wasnt all from teen girls either some women were significantly older harassing me nonstop.

beware of the sephora forum those women are cray and not in a good way.

Whats even more weird is that if you didnt have pics of the makeup you bought they would claim you didnt buy anything like who takes pictures of the sephora makeup they buy straight out of the sephora bag  when its not even on your face ? thats weird behavior.If I was rich last thing I would be doing is taking pics of what makeup I own lol.

Last edited:
Back