• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora VIB Clutch with Samples Limited Supply - VIBs only

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited to recieve mine. It should be here within the next hour. I especially can't wait to try the Algenist sample.

Originally Posted by natalievi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I stopped by Sephora today after receiving that email for the clutch. I love it! I wasn't expecting there to be so many samples, and they're all a great size.
 Got the exact same thing. I love it all
smile.gif

I got it! I got all of the listed contents, no substitutions. And I love the Tokidoki brushes I ordered, especially the blush brush. The only thing is, they didn't send me my three free samples. I don't think I'll complain to Sephora about it, since they gave me the clutch set, but I am a little disappointed, because one of the samples I was expecting was an Escada perfume that I really wanted to try.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it! I got all of the listed contents, no substitutions. And I love the Tokidoki brushes I ordered, especially the blush brush. The only thing is, they didn't send me my three free samples. I don't think I'll complain to Sephora about it, since they gave me the clutch set, but I am a little disappointed, because one of the samples I was expecting was an Escada perfume that I really wanted to try.
The same thing  happened to me. I only recieved one of my three wanted samples. And one of the samples I already own too many of. Oh well, I'll give it to someone else.

Did they replace them with something else or not send them all? They usually replace them.

Yeah, I only got 1/3 requested samples but they replaced the other 2.  (So, I got 3 samples - just not the ones I was hoping for per say.)

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The same thing  happened to me. I only recieved one of my three wanted samples. And one of the samples I already own too many of. Oh well, I'll give it to someone else.

Did they replace them with something else or not send them all? They usually replace them.
They didn't send me any free samples at all, other than the clutch with the clutch items. I checked in the bag, and shook out the tissue paper, carefully, to make sure. I hope that doesn't become a pattern with them, because the samples are half the reason I ever shop at Sephora online. I have a store that I can buy from, locally.

They didn't send me any free samples at all, other than the clutch with the clutch items. I checked in the bag, and shook out the tissue paper, carefully, to make sure. I hope that doesn't become a pattern with them, because the samples are half the reason I ever shop at Sephora online. I have a store that I can buy from, locally.
I had that happen once, too - but not this time.  It sucked.

The samples + the ability to use eBates for some percentage back is why I shop online.  

Trufhfully - I'd rather go to the store, but I rarely get any samples from them unless I beg.  And I don't know why, but I like getting cool packets of new shizz - usually they'll just offer to make me something.  That's cool when I know what I want, but on average shopping events I want a packet or two darnnit!  It makes me happy.  So Sephora.com it is!

I placed an order with this code online tonight and it worked, however I am not a VIB. I wonder if I will still get the clutch or what?

I got the same bag as the one posted in the pic. I'm excited to try everything! I already know I like some of the things (porefessional, smashbox), but everything else is new and big! The only thing I'm not crazy about it the perfume, but that's because I don't care for the smell, the size is pretty generous though (1.7ml I think? It's bigger than a regular vial and has a spray top). I tried the Murad peel tonight and my skin looks pretty nice, plus it didn't burn as much as I thought it would. I'm super glad to have received a big sample of this since my skin is sensitive. 

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excited to recieve mine. It should be here within the next hour. I especially can't wait to try the Algenist sample.
The Algenist is really nice! It's super thick, but doesn't feel heavy. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it at first because I don't need a moisturizer with anti aging properties, but it feels soooo nice.

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Algenist is really nice! It's super thick, but doesn't feel heavy. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it at first because I don't need a moisturizer with anti aging properties, but it feels soooo nice.
I tried it last night after my using my regular acne items. I love how thick it felt but how unheavy it was. I'm young as well so I don't need the anti aging properties. You need so little I'm sure the sample will last a long time.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had that happen once, too - but not this time.  It sucked.

The samples + the ability to use eBates for some percentage back is why I shop online.  

Trufhfully - I'd rather go to the store, but I rarely get any samples from them unless I beg.  And I don't know why, but I like getting cool packets of new shizz - usually they'll just offer to make me something.  That's cool when I know what I want, but on average shopping events I want a packet or two darnnit!  It makes me happy.  So Sephora.com it is!
They sales ladies are really nice at my local Sephora, but I have never asked them for anything unless they specifically offered. The thing about samples, is I usually don't even know I want something until I have tried it. Like the Algenist stuff, I never would have asked for a sample of it, but I am really liking it.

I thought I didn't get any samples, and shook everything out too, but then I noticed they were folded up inside my receipt! Still, I only got one of the samples I actually requested, but the other ones will be fine.

Originally Posted by margaretfogs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought I didn't get any samples, and shook everything out too, but then I noticed they were folded up inside my receipt! Still, I only got one of the samples I actually requested, but the other ones will be fine.
Mine aren't in there. I also looked under the flaps of the bottom of the box. It's not a big deal, really. I am loving the clutch goodies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine came today. I got the essential-c moisturizer instead of the peel. Also got cha cha tint instead of porefessional. I got brushes & these cute little glosses.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine came today. I got the essential-c moisturizer instead of the peel. Also got cha cha tint instead of porefessional. I got brushes & these cute little glosses.

I also got the moisturizer... was kind of looking forward to the peel but I have a sample of that from Ulta

If anybody wants to trade their Cha-Cha tint let me know. I have a rather large list of things to trade. I was really hoping I got the bag with cha-cha, but unfortunately no. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the Algenist in the clutch and I got a different version of the Algenist as the 100 point perk (the renewing and lifting, I think). Anyway, I was a little nervous because I have not used non oil-free moisturizers on my face for years until recently. I looked up the reviews on the Sephora site and they are great, but that stuff is crazy expensive so would be scary if I liked it. That .5 oz sample is worth like $24 dollars...eek. So, the reviews said people felt a difference right away so I walked around the house asking my Mom if she saw a difference yet...um yeah...I just put it on like 30 mins ago...lol!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Algenist in the clutch and I got a different version of the Algenist as the 100 point perk (the renewing and lifting, I think). Anyway, I was a little nervous because I have not used non oil-free moisturizers on my face for years until recently. I looked up the reviews on the Sephora site and they are great, but that stuff is crazy expensive so would be scary if I liked it. That .5 oz sample is worth like $24 dollars...eek.

So, the reviews said people felt a difference right away so I walked around the house asking my Mom if she saw a difference yet...um yeah...I just put it on like 30 mins ago...lol!!
smile.gif
I know, sometimes when I read a rave review like that, I want to ask the person if they were using any moisturizer before. Because any moisturizer is better than none, right? If you were 40 and had never once moisturized your face, then the first time you did, it would be amazing. lol I am using a different version of Algenist from a foil packet, and I think it is helping, but I also started using Argan oil and another moisturizer during the day. So, I don't know. I guess if my skin is doing better, that's all that matters.

The quote thing seems to be giving me issues... So, I used the Algenist last night and this morning, my face actually feels suuuuuuper soft. I would say that yours is probably making a difference, too but yeah, the Argan Oil could be helping as I hear wonderful things about it. I am usually hopeful yet skeptical about products that claim big things cus I rarely see a difference. This Algenist feels really nice and I love the Clinique Even Better Clinical, that one is an HG.

I thought I had missed out on the VIB clutch promotion but on a whim I called both of the Sephora stores that are close to me and both of them said they still had tons of clutches still left (I guess they both got shipments way after the promotion started). When I went into one of them to purchase and get the clutch I saw that there was a huge cardboard box behind the counter filled to the top with the clutches. If both of my stores are like this, I'm sure others are too.

Oh, and just because I was curious, Sephora.com still accepted the promo code for the clutch when I tried it earlier today but I don't know if that means anything...

Back