• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora VIB Event- It's Here!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

has anyone gone into the store for the event? im planning to go later, but im wondering if there really is anything going on...
I popped into my local store long enough to buy my conditioner and get out. It was a little more crowded than usual and there was a DJ, but otherwise it seemed business as usual to me.

I can't wait to use my coupon. What's everyone getting? I've been considering getting the Fresh Soy cleanser and possibly a Peter Roth Thomas skin product (although I have tons of skin products from my box subscriptions at home). 

I didn't use my coupon yet because I really really wanted the classic Itkit.  I also got the NARS 500 point perk!  I bought the UD Fun Palette, sale Sephora gold glitter eyeliner, and sale Buxom gloss in Carmen.  I also got a Kate Somerville sample, .25 oz! 

Originally Posted by wishingwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a new VIB this year with a question. Is it really worth going into store for tote and 'new beauty' they mention? Or am I just as happy shopping from home?

(The invite is beautiful)
I have to agree with everyone that said to just shop from home.  The tote they gave out was the cheapest looking bag so far (I have 3 others).  It's feels like a thin plastic that will rip easy.  Not worth a trip in my opinion.

I ended up ordering online a few things I have wanted to try, including the Lorac  palette everyone raves about and the tote was already in my shopping cart. I also got a little men's shaving gift set to put under the tree for my husband. I was sold when I saw it came with a certificate for a full size of whatever product you liked best from all the deluxe samples. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree with everyone that said to just shop from home.  The tote they gave out was the cheapest looking bag so far (I have 3 others).  It's feels like a thin plastic that will rip easy.  Not worth a trip in my opinion.
I want to kill myself right now for stepping in Sephora and spent $30. I so agree with the tote. I was like... pfffff...

I hate that I am the kind of person who doesnt go out of Sephora without nothing in hand. I should have just spent it online and have those ITKITS instead. Booo.

(Which I am gonna do now..)

keule.gif

I just saw the same stuff that I see online, just with free candies and DJ booth.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to kill myself right now for stepping in Sephora and spent $30. I so agree with the tote. I was like... pfffff...

I hate that I am the kind of person who doesnt go out of Sephora without nothing in hand. I should have just spent it online and have those ITKITS instead. Booo.

(Which I am gonna do now..)

keule.gif

I just saw the same stuff that I see online, just with free candies and DJ booth.

my sentiments exactly... I went to a SiJCP and it was so understaffed, 2 employees, and then the manager was whisked away to talked to corporate employees. NO freebies except for the cheap bag. Also, the girl before me got a mini primer potion and a moisturizer thrown in her bag for free and I got nothing.... I wasted 45 minutes and a bunch of $ on stuff. grrr. I think im bitter that I wasted time that I could have spent doing other things, and who wouldnt want some freebies. And I would have much rather have gotten an Itkit rather than the 20% off. And the material of the bag is so cheap.

I am happy with the sale!  I went to the only Sephora in NYC that had the OCC Lip Tars set (I got the last one; sorry NYCers!).  They were super generous with the samples and did my makeup for free.  I got the Lip Tars set, the Naked 2 Palette, the Illamasque Mystery Kit (which was awesome and a great deal!), Korres Jasmine Body Butter, Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray, and Sephora Mattifying Pressed Powder.  I saved $47 and got all of those samples and the Nars 500 point perk!  Definitely worth it for me!

I went yesterday, took a friend and we had a blast. Got some Tatre kits that will not be discounted on her site in BF. Love the new sets. Some MUFE & Dior perfume.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my sentiments exactly... I went to a SiJCP and it was so understaffed, 2 employees, and then the manager was whisked away to talked to corporate employees. NO freebies except for the cheap bag. Also, the girl before me got a mini primer potion and a moisturizer thrown in her bag for free and I got nothing.... I wasted 45 minutes and a bunch of $ on stuff. grrr. I think im bitter that I wasted time that I could have spent doing other things, and who wouldnt want some freebies. And I would have much rather have gotten an Itkit rather than the 20% off. And the material of the bag is so cheap.
I broke down and bought a Clarisonic yesterday.  There was an employee at the front of the line with a few bag of samples.  My daughter and I kept talking to her, waiting for her to offer us one as we were both too afraid to ask.  Nothing!  But the lady and her daughter behind me received 4 samples each.  It's petty I know, but I felt I was spending over $150 would it have killed you to offer me a sample or two?

Hey ladies quick question! A little off topic sorry :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> have any of you ever used a sephora store credit card at a sephora inside.jcpenny? I was there the other day and the lady said they don't accept those only gift cards. Well the girl that was already ringing me up had already swipped the store.credit card.. I guess there was a problem which is why the other lady was called. I ended up.saying to.cancel the transaction and I would just go to a regular sephora. Well...... just checked the balance on the card and the money was taken out for.the items I asked her to please cancel!!!! And if they don't take store credit.why the heck did they take my money. Gonna stop by later.. idk how I'd prove they charged me though. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Laura Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey ladies quick question! A little off topic sorry
smile.gif
have any of you ever used a sephora store credit card at a sephora inside.jcpenny? I was there the other day and the lady said they don't accept those only gift cards. Well the girl that was already ringing me up had already swipped the store.credit card.. I guess there was a problem which is why the other lady was called. I ended up.saying to.cancel the transaction and I would just go to a regular sephora. Well...... just checked the balance on the card and the money was taken out for.the items I asked her to please cancel!!!! And if they don't take store credit.why the heck did they take my money. Gonna stop by later.. idk how I'd prove they charged me though. Any thoughts?
I would wait to see if it posts. If its just pending it will drop off most likely. 

I broke down and bought a Clarisonic yesterday.  There was an employee at the front of the line with a few bag of samples.  My daughter and I kept talking to her, waiting for her to offer us one as we were both too afraid to ask.  Nothing!  But the lady and her daughter behind me received 4 samples each.  It's petty I know, but I felt I was spending over $150 would it have killed you to offer me a sample or two?
I've decided to just ask. I'm purchasing items and part of the appeal is that these stores do this, so why not? Worst is that they tell me no. Especially since you dropped considerable amount of money, IMO.

Wish they could have given me the 20% off coupon in October when I bought a UD Vice palette, 2 Tarte gift sets and 2 online orders.

Oh well C'est la vie.  

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally understand you. I was pissed because I didnt feel like asking too, but the person in front of me got a deluxe sample of primer potion, I already love primer potion but how could you pass up a $10 deluxe sample and a deluxe sample of a moisturizer. It isnt fair, but there is nothing that I can do about it right?

this is what i got. i hope those lippies match my skintone. anyone have these? what did everyone else get?

Back