(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else having issues trying to buy things from the shop? I want to use some of my points, and I can't add anything to my cart. At all. Every product I click on has no button to add it to my cart, no matter what it is. I have no clue what's up but I guess BB doesn't want me to buy things.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I just bought $86 worth of items, but after the 20%off and 30$ worth of points, my total came to $31. One of my items was the Benefit Gimme Brow which is supposed to give an extra 50 pts. But I looked at my account and they only added 31. Should I email CS and ask them about it or are they going to tell me I am not eligible for the extra points because I used a discount code already? I know some companies have a limit to how many bonuses you can get.

So I just bought $86 worth of items, but after the 20%off and 30$ worth of points, my total came to $31. One of my items was the Benefit Gimme Brow which is supposed to give an extra 50 pts. But I looked at my account and they only added 31. Should I email CS and ask them about it or are they going to tell me I am not eligible for the extra points because I used a discount code already? I know some companies have a limit to how many bonuses you can get.
Id call or email. I've heard there have been glitches with the extra 50 points.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@jesmari definitely email or call! I didn't get the points and had the same thought, that maybe I somehow hadn't fulfilled all of the requirements or couldn't use it with my 6 month code, but they were great about giving me the points right away.

Is anyone else having issues trying to buy things from the shop? I want to use some of my points, and I can't add anything to my cart. At all. Every product I click on has no button to add it to my cart, no matter what it is. I have no clue what's up but I guess BB doesn't want me to buy things.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've been having trouble as well. As of about 3 days ago, the Bb shop is no longer compatible with my phone's browser. I have a Samsung Vitality/Admire SCH-R720 Android phone. I don't know if Bb changed something with the website or if the last browser update is the problem. I tried Dolphin browser, but same problem. I went and used a PC at the public library on Sunday and I was able to add stuff to my cart using Internet Explorer there.

Quote: Originally Posted by JennG315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had posted this on the October Birchbox trade thread & thought I'd post it here too.

After receiving a Miss Jessie's PILLOW SOFT CURLS (big) sample foil I went to check out there website  (http://www.missjessies.com/shop/Free-Samples#.Ul7dp9JJMjQ).. After going through their products I really wanted to give Super Sweetback Treatment a try but can't find anyone to trade & 2pks are $8 on Ebay. Good thing I found this little awesome deal . Yippie

2 samples for $1 
yay.gif

If you decide to purchase right through there website I also found a coupon code : http://couponfollow.com/site/missjessies.com SCHOOL20

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so much!!! Completely fell in love with my sample of the Pillow Soft Curls. My curls have never felt and looked better. Ended up ordering the full size with my points, but going to check this out too.

Anytime! I'm also plannig on ordering one of Miss Jessie's products through Birchbox with my points but being that this is only my 2nd month with them I still have plenty of points to earn!!! I wonder if I can just pay the difference if I don't have enough points to purchase a full size 
11dh.gif

Oh & I already recieved my samples that I ordered through Miss Jessie's ....they send me an extra sample so thats 3 for $1 
happy.gif

I came home to my BB order sitting here!  Super excited.  It's my 13th Month so I had a 25% off, plus I managed to save up 600 Points....I got all of this amazingness for......$31.....

The Face Tan towels and the body cream were my mystery pack. 

Just one problem......look at the Color Club Wonderlust......

Quote: Originally Posted by Shatae /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I came home to my BB order sitting here!  Super excited.  It's my 13th Month so I had a 25% off, plus I managed to save up 600 Points....I got all of this amazingness for......$31.....

The Face Tan towels and the body cream were my mystery pack. 

Just one problem......look at the Color Club Wonderlust......

How did the packer not notice TWO PURPLES??! NEXT TO EACH OTHER! haha. oh boy! 

My thought's exactly.  Maybe they thought I was color blind?  I sent BB a e-mail with a picture.  Wonder if they will do anything for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by JennG315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anytime! I'm also plannig on ordering one of Miss Jessie's products through Birchbox with my points but being that this is only my 2nd month with them I still have plenty of points to earn!!! I wonder if I can just pay the difference if I don't have enough points to purchase a full size 
11dh.gif

<snip>
Definitely!  If you buy something that's, say, $15 but only have 120 points, 100 of those points will be applied to your purchase, so you will pay $5 out of pocket -- and *get five points because you spent five bucks*!  And then you get to keep those leftover twenty points.  Be forewarned that this can be problematic if you return anything, but if you're keeping everything, you're golden.  You can even just buy things outright and not use points.  

And this is the time of month when it can be worth paying actual money:  There's a code out there where you get 50 extra points if you spend more than $35 on brands (and that's any product from a featured brand, not just a specific product, and it's *any* of the brands, not just the ones you received!) from this month's box, so you would get 85 points total on a $35 purchase if you spend money rather than points.  Code:  BUY35EXTRA50 (and that expires on the 27th, so you only have six days left on that!).

Definitely email them! I had the same issue last week, emailed them, and they applied the 50 points to my account today.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm happy to hear this! My credit card with a rewards program did a $10 back on a $20 purchase from HSN so I ordered it from there haha it should arrive this week. I have dark hair but sometimes 'dark' shade looks weird on me so I go with medium.. Sounds like the dark will work. Can't wait to try it, I always do my brows!

I love all of their brow products!! I always find that most pencils are too red for me!  Benefit's work perfectly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by eternalsnshine1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was hoping the same thing... I want Folle de Joie so bad! But I refuse to pay $98 for perfume.

My mom wants Folle de Joie.  I have a baby thing of it but I never wear perfume- I was gonna get it for her Christmas present but I soo want a GWP before!  I'm gonna wait until a GWP comes out or the +50 points is about to go away.

[VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

I love all of their brow products!! I always find that most pencils are too red for me!  Benefit's work perfectly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My mom wants Folle de Joie.  I have a baby thing of it but I never wear perfume- I was gonna get it for her Christmas present but I soo want a GWP before!  I'm gonna wait until a GWP comes out or the +50 points is about to go away.
What about the 20% off if you use their app discount? I saw it a few page back

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about the 20% off if you use their app discount? I saw it a few page back

Yeah- that's the other thing I was thinking.. I'm definitely going to be using that.  I was just so sad that the Amika dryer went away- my cart was stacked and ready to go but the October codes didn't come out until after... I also need to get 1 more point to get 300 points so I can get $30 off.  I might just buy a mystery 2 pack.

Quote: Originally Posted by thinkpink7l7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The code works on a desktop too though.
smile.gif
Just used it last night.

I tried that and it didn't work for me on the desktop!  I was on a quest to get the Benefit skincare line after trying one of their products in a mystery pack, I think it was the toning lotion.  So I had my cart ready to go and waiting for a code to come up.  All I had to do was install the app and I just had to go through the buy windows.  Got my order today, come to think of it :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)  I love how quick Birchbox ships, but they need some better packaging!

I am trying the Benefit (in the light/medium shade, though) Gimme Brow...plus a Clarisonic brush head and Pick Two--it cost $5.25 out of pocket, or .25 if you consider the 50 points!). I figured I don't have any brow products, and the Gimme Brow is such a great concept. Plus, an extra 50 points! Mine didn't get applied either, though. I'm going to have to email them and I have confidence that they'll help me out.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am trying the Benefit (in the light/medium shade, though) Gimme Brow...plus a Clarisonic brush head and Pick Two--it cost $5.25 out of pocket, or .25 if you consider the 50 points!). I figured I don't have any brow products, and the Gimme Brow is such a great concept. Plus, an extra 50 points! Mine didn't get applied either, though. I'm going to have to email them and I have confidence that they'll help me out.
The Gimme Brow is great stuff!  I got mine last week (maybe a week and a half ago?).  You just need to email or direct message them on facebook and say it didn't give you the bonus points, they'll credit it right away.

I'm pretty sure I posted about this here when I ordered mine.  They thanked me for letting them know about it, apparently it is a glitch in their system they said they'd fix.  I guess it didn't get fixed, lol.

Does anyone know what the code is for the extra 50 points when you spend $35? (I think that was the promotion)  I can't find it in my email anywhere.  Thanks!

Does anyone know what the code is for the extra 50 points when you spend $35? (I think that was the promotion)  I can't find it in my email anywhere.  Thanks!
I think it is buy35extra50 But mobile20 also works for 20 percent off. Depending on what you are getting 20 percent off might be a better value

Quote: Originally Posted by thinkpink7l7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it is buy35extra50

But mobile20 also works for 20 percent off. Depending on what you are getting 20 percent off might be a better value
Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back