*Spoilers* October 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow!! that means my box will be around $42 ! I guess its time to drop one of my others if I want to keep it. this is my favorite box too. I love the diversity of what we get but if they are upping the price they better give us at least one more pricey item per box every month. no more dollar store peeps!!

Well I hope that PS posts or emails soon about the increase and let's us know if the value of the box will also increase. These subs can get expensive once you start having more than a couple. I might have to purchase multiple months for the lower price. It would be great if there was a new coupon code soon.

I will probably end up purchasing multiple months to stay at a lower price but ultimately its so strange how much MORE $39 sounds than $35 when in reality its only a $4 increase (something I wouldn't have even noticed probably if I hadn't known about it). I live in CA so I have a super high tax rate and my box is usually around $38 total, now it will be $42- still just a $4 increase, but now that I know it's going to be $4 more it just sounds like SUCH an expensive box even though its not that much of a price difference. Kind of like how $20 seems like so much more than $18.99 or something. Oh well, I will continue to subscribe because its my favorite box. 

Will tax be for every state or just some states...anyone know?
The way taxing on online orders works is that states where the company actually operates out of or has a physical presence get a sales tax on their online orders. So they must have some sort of presence in Florida since we have a sales tax on our box. (fun fact we're actually supposed to pay a use tax as a line item on our income taxes for any online orders we don't get taxed on though clearly it's not enforced).

The way taxing on online orders works is that states where the company actually operates out of or has a physical presence get a sales tax on their online orders. So they must have some sort of presence in Florida since we have a sales tax on our box. (fun fact we're actually supposed to pay a use tax as a line item on our income taxes for any online orders we don't get taxed on though clearly it's not enforced).
There's a move (and by "move," I mean a literal act of Congress) to have *all* online orders taxed per the local laws for each order. A lot of companies have started collecting sales tax already in anticipation of this whether they have a presence in a particular state or not. (As a side note, they had better not charge me tax, but that's just because I happen to live in a no-sales-tax state.)

October wish list

- Something in a fall texture: corduroy, flannel, twill, linen, cashmere or wool - like a hat
- A comfy tank or casual camisole for layering
- New makeup - like a rich brown eye shadows
- In my area October is Wine Fest season - a picnic blanket or accessories would be fun
- Body scrub or polish or soap
- A fall best seller
- Multipurpose lip balm/cuticle treatment

I have a feeling we might see something pink for breast cancer month and candy for Halloween.

Hmmm, I don't know about this price increase.  It is only a few dollars, but the boxes need to improve or shipping needs to improve to make me stay longer term.

I got charged today for October, and I'll give it through December for the price increase.  If I don't feel the boxes are worth more than they already are right now, I'll probably let it go starting January.

Glad someone noticed the increase! I never look at the site and wouldn't have known until I was charged (unless they send an email). I agree that the value should increase and shipping should be better. I was planning on canceling my sub anyway once I move out next summer due to finances... But if things stay the same with the increase, it may be much sooner! (Sad to say since this is my fave sub!)

Honestly, they're probably increasing the price because they plan to finally start using our style profiles, and that requires more work I think. I'm totally guessing about this one, of course, but it would make sense to me if that was the reason behind the change.

Honestly, they're probably increasing the price because they plan to finally start using our style profiles, and that requires more work I think. I'm totally guessing about this one, of course, but it would make sense to me if that was the reason behind the change.
I thought the same thing! It's the only thing that makes sense to me too. A change like this would be nice! And IMO worth the extra few dollars.

Charged!! 

Bummer about the price increase... and honestly I really doubt they're ever going to use our preferences to make custom boxes. On the preference page it says "While we're not sending out personalized boxes, we will be taking your preferences into consideration when curating our monthly boxes." which I take to mean that they're using preferences to look at a "big picture" of what subscribers want, not that they're ever really planning on personalizing individual boxes based on individual answers.

so when do we have to lock in our price by nov??? maybe i'll get a 3 or 6 month

Well, this may be my first and last box then. I was cringing at the price as it was. Bad timing for a price increase before I'm even really hooked.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My translation: "We had *no clue* how many fat chicks subscribed until February!"

LMAO  You crack me up!

Charged! Bummed about price increase especially since the didn't even email subscribers about it before posting it. What a great way to pre sell boxes. That kind of annoys me. They owe us some sort of explanation for the increase. Yeah its only 4 bucks but whose ti say it won't happen again a few months down the road. It's my favorite box bit I may have to look for other options.

Latest posts

Back