SquareHue - March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasn't wildly impressed with their customer service. I signed up with the 14.99 coupon code right before it ended, and it ended up getting goofed and I wasn't billed correctly. They turned around and said they couldn't offer me the coupon code price, even though that's what I signed up with (since then I have taken screen shots of ALL the transactions I use coupon codes with, thank you SquareHue). So they offered me the January box free of charge. I didn't get the January box until February. And it was only after inquiring a few times about it. At one point I had been billed for two months, about to be billed for the third and had only received ONE box. I needed a breather and decided to suspend.

Sorry, this sort of turned into a rant! Anyway, I would suggest letting them know you are disappointed with their CService, and that having the boxes still sent to your billing address is unprofessional at this point. I understand that they're new, but it's unacceptable.
Mostly I hate the fact that you pay way ahead. Before I even received my first box I had paid for 2, which I really don't like. Plus I wasn't totally impressed with the formula. That sucks about the promo though

And *a* box photo on Instagram with the labels facing forward, so I can't get a good look at the colors, but it looks like some of my wishes came true! Added bonus: I bought a sizable chunk of the new Sephora Pantone Emerald collection tonight, including the mini polish set, and it looks like none of the SH polishes are remotely close! I was seriously worried about that.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you post the picture?
Now I can!  I was posting that via my phone while on the bus, and I can't figure out how to post pictures (especially with spoiler cuts!) that way.  In case the picture doesn't post, the link:  http://statigr.am/p/402322494808161558_1653102

I see orange and green representing the two *colors* (as opposed to white) on the Irish flag plus a gold for leprechauns!  No dark brown like Guinness, but I'm fine with that.  I'm not big on gold in general, but it *is* appropriate for the theme, so I can embrace it as representing the season, plus I'm not big on red polish, either, and they won me over with holly berry in December, so this might be a new love, too.  I just want mine now, especially since I know at least one person has theirs already!  

Just got my March box.  :  Patty's Pint (a deep emerald shimmer), Amber Lager (a dark copper metallic) and Blond Ale (champagne frost)  They are all beautiful.. Sorry, I don't know how to get a photo from my phone to this site...

Sorry, I forgot to put those with the spoiler tag.  I was so focused on just figuring out how to get them transferred.

Blonde Ale, Amber Lager, Patty's Pint.
These names are right up my alley.
smile.gif

I got my Square Hue and my Julep add-ons on the same day and I'm paralyzed by indecision.  Which one first?!?!  Ahhh.  They're all so pretty.

I can't wait to get mine!  I do wish the billing was different, though.  

I would not have picked up any of these colors on my own. Glad I suspended my membership before I get charged for April.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would not have picked up any of these colors on my own. Glad I suspended my membership before I get charged for April.
I wouldn't have picked the gold or the copper out for myself, either, but that's kind of the point of this subscription:  Colors you wouldn't necessarily have picked out for yourself but that turn out to be great.  I would have *never* bought the red or the champagne from December, and the latter turned out to be one of my favorite colors of 2012.  I was *not* a fan of the lighter colors from February, but I did like dear john, and that was definitely not something I would have ever bought.  (I'm not listing January's box here because those were all exactly what I would have bought for myself!  Well, probably not the light blue because I would have thought I already had that exact color, and I would have tried to avoid a dupe, but it turned out that I did *not* have anything like it, so that was *fantastic*.)

Anyway.  I can already tell the green is going to be my box justification color this month (I love dark green nail polish!).  I would have *never* bought the copper on my own, but I am starting to think of this box as costing me $15 (because I got in on the pre-launch special rate) for one polish I love, and then I get two not-as-me polishes for free with the love-it polish, so it's worth my $15.  I buy a lot of polish, though:  I just bought eleven (all four Sephora + Pantone Emeralds, the green essence Fruity, and all six of the new Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon lollipop-shaped glitterbombs) this weekend.  Oh, wait, twelve if you count Thursday, because I also ordered one of the new Deborah Lippmann polishes (Moon Rendezvous.  Metallic pale blue!  *Swoon*!).

(And April's theme has been released, although there isn't a preview image yet:  The Bloom Collection.  I'm hoping we see some stuff with a very slight shimmer from this company soon -- not a frost/metallic/foil, just a bit of a shimmer when light hits it -- so we can see how they do with that finish, and this seems like a good collection for that to happen.)

To be honest I am not happy with the quality of this polish to pay 15$ I am not complaining cause this is my choice to keep the sub but its something about the square bottles that keep,e hooked with the collections -ahhhhh I need help haha

To be honest I am not happy with the quality of this polish to pay 15$ I am not complaining cause this is my choice to keep the sub but its something about the square bottles that keep,e hooked with the collections -ahhhhh I need help haha
The formula for January was beautiful. And some how February was a streaky nightmare.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't have picked the gold or the copper out for myself, either, but that's kind of the point of this subscription:  Colors you wouldn't necessarily have picked out for yourself but that turn out to be great.
I bought a similar coppery color literally the day before it arrived. Which I use for school spirit nail art. The problem is the green, because that shade of green is literally the only color I can't wear. The gold one just looks too much like the gold they sent out in January. So I feel like I spent my fifteen dollars on two dupes and a color I can't use.

Back