SquareHue: May 2014 SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always get so excited when I get my tracking! I can't wait to see what colors they send this month. The preview picture had so many colors that I really don't know what to expect. It seems like there are several good options for Rio, including gorgeous blues for the beaches! 

Also...the preview for June is up online. It looks like several blues and a tan (which goes along with Option 3 in the vote choices) but I know that SquareHue can be unpredictable. I went ahead and suspended my account because I'm a little bit on polish overload but I'll be anxious to know what they send. 
Thanks for the reminder! I paused for now - I wasn't impressed with the color options to vote on for June.

Spoiler up on Instagram. I would have added a picture, but my internet is too slow to upload anything this morning.

It looks like a grass green shimmer, gold microglitter, and blue glitter

Ooh, so pretty.  Very nice for May!  I love how the finishes are a repeat of February.  I loved that box even if I wasn't wild about the magenta (even though the finish was fantastic and the shade was a funky duochrome sort of thing, it ended up being too traditional for me one I had it on).

Link to picture?  I can't seem to find it.  Thanks!  I skipped this month and am skipping June because I didn't care for any of the trios.  I liked individual colors, but in each trio there were one or two I wouldn't want.

The username is solacqueredup.  I'm having problems grabbing the URL from Instagram, so all I can do is point you to their feed.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  No Lagoa, but Copacabana more than makes up for it.  I was hoping there was a Copa shade because At the Copa!  Copacabana!  Very important part of my childhood.  But I thought that the color itself would end up being a yellow, pink, orange, or red, and DO NOT WANT.  But blue glitter?  Yesyesyes.  Especially if it turns out that the photo on Instagram is accurate.  If I can't get ahold of Adamantium nail wraps today, that will be my polish choice for the 24th.  Yes, I plan my nails for comic book movies *well* in advance of opening weekend!

Ooh, I just doubled back and read my prediction:

I have this feeling we might see aqua, cobalt blue, and gold. Or maybe a leaf green.
Not *quite* an aqua or cobalt blue, but definitely a gold and leaf green!

OK, searching by username I see it.  URL is http://instagram.com/p/nhHZuHiu1G/ .  Thanks for posting that.

Very pretty, bright colors, very "Carnaval" indeed!  I think SquareHue is really going to appeal to a lot of people with this combo.  But still, I'm glad I skipped.  Don't need another yellow gold, and greens are tough for me to wear.  I  love 'em but they have to be just right.  Am really looking forward to seeing others' swatches and seeing what the formula of the blue glitter is like.

I'm excited about the colors this month and am so happy I didn't skip! I don't have a single yellow polish in my collection so I am fine getting one this month. I was hoping for a crisp green that wasn't on the lime scale so I'm glad that's what they sent and the blue glitter looks awesome! I am so glad that SquareHue sent out some fun finishes this month! 

Nice colors!! My estimated delivery is today but my box hasn't move from Miami in days.
Mine's the exact same! I'm hoping it just hasn't been updating and really does arrive today.

I'm pretty happy with these colors! Good first box. I was kind of disappointed when I got Serengeti for my free BOGO box.

Mine's the exact same! I'm hoping it just hasn't been updating and really does arrive today.

I'm pretty happy with these colors! Good first box. I was kind of disappointed when I got Serengeti for my free BOGO box.
How'd you find out what your BOGO box is?

LinaMingo said:
How'd you find out what your BOGO box is?
They sent it out to me a couple weeks ago with a little "SURPRISE!" note. It was cool because I wasn't expecting it, but looking at their past months Serengeti was literally the one I like the least.  At first, I was thinking it probably sold the least and they were giving it to everyone to get rid of it, but I just saw a post on Instagram of someone who got their BOGO box and it was Paris.

They sent it out to me a couple weeks ago with a little "SURPRISE!" note. It was cool because I wasn't expecting it, but looking at their past months Serengeti was literally the one I like the least.  At first, I was thinking it probably sold the least and they were giving it to everyone to get rid of it, but I just saw a post on Instagram of someone who got their BOGO box and it was Paris.
I don't think Paris was one of their more popular ones, either.  I gave away or frankened all my Paris colors; didn't like them.  But I know they looked better on other people.

Sorry about all those post. I was having MUT problems earlier and gave up. But they still posted.

I initially forgot to say BOGO but after I emailed them, they added so ill just get it later.

I prefer Serengeti over Paris. Paris is just too light and neutral for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back