SquareHue: May 2014 SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sent it out to me a couple weeks ago with a little "SURPRISE!" note. It was cool because I wasn't expecting it, but looking at their past months Serengeti was literally the one I like the least.  At first, I was thinking it probably sold the least and they were giving it to everyone to get rid of it, but I just saw a post on Instagram of someone who got their BOGO box and it was Paris.
My bogo box randomly came a few weeks ago, too. I got the Moto collection, aka orange and black. :wacko2: It did come with a color called "oil slick," which was an interesting purpley iridescent, but I really only like that one out of the three. At least it was free!

I haven't gotten my box yet...has anybody? It shipped on 4/28 but my tracking hasn't updated since. The tracking gives an estimated 1-3 day delivery, but obviously that's not happening. Sometimes there is a delay in tracking so I thought that's what happened but I'm a little worried since it's been so long and I'm used to quick shipping/delivery from SquareHue. 

I haven't gotten my box yet...has anybody? It shipped on 4/28 but my tracking hasn't updated since. The tracking gives an estimated 1-3 day delivery, but obviously that's not happening. Sometimes there is a delay in tracking so I thought that's what happened but I'm a little worried since it's been so long and I'm used to quick shipping/delivery from SquareHue. 
I'm having the exact same thing happening. I've had terrible luck with shipping from subscriptions lately!

Mine was delivered today. I haven't gotten home yet though. My tracking just showed that it had been accepted in Miami until it went out for delivery this morning.

Quick and dirty swatches

Two coats of the yellow and green. Two coats of Copacabana with a third dabbed coat that I should have waited longer to add. The green is gorgeous. The yellow is mostly yellow without as much gold micro glitter as I expected. Copacabana has blue, silver, and irridescent glitter in a blue base. It definitely needs undies.

I'm having the exact same thing happening. I've had terrible luck with shipping from subscriptions lately!
It's bad that this seems like a bigger problem but I am glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully we both get our boxes tomorrow! 

Quick and dirty swatches

image.jpg

Two coats of the yellow and green. Two coats of Copacabana with a third dabbed coat that I should have waited longer to add. The green is gorgeous. The yellow is mostly yellow without as much gold micro glitter as I expected. Copacabana has blue, silver, and irridescent glitter in a blue base. It definitely needs undies.
Glad you got your box! I really like the green and blue glitter! There's a reason I don't have any yellows...they don't look good on me, but I like the other colors this month enough to make up for the one disappointing one. 

Quick and dirty swatches

image.jpg

Thanks for the swatches. I guess I picked a bad time to subscribe for this one, since I'm not a fan of any of those colors. The blue is pretty, and I'm sure I'll wear it sometime, but I don't wear yellow or dark greens (they look gross on me).

Mine is the exact same. It says the estimated delivery was on Saturday. I kind of want to email them, but I've already sent 2 nagging emails to other companies.

I'm having the exact same thing happening. I've had terrible luck with shipping from subscriptions lately!

It's bad that this seems like a bigger problem but I am glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully we both get our boxes tomorrow! 
Me too!! I feel like I'm jinxed with subs right now. Still waiting on my Glossybox, Maven box, Birchbox In Full Bloom order, this, and now other people are getting shipping notices on other things the last few days and I keep checking my email and nothing. The only ones that have been shipped efficiently lately are my Graze box and an order from Fortune Cookie Soap.

Mine was delivered today. I haven't gotten home yet though. My tracking just showed that it had been accepted in Miami until it went out for delivery this morning.
That gives me hope! I was hoping that would be the case when I got the mail this morning. Maybe tomorrow! Thanks for posting the swatches! I'm excited about these colors.

Thanks for the swatches!  I skipped this month and am glad, because I would have only liked the green.  Nice it's a neutral/cool green and not yet another yellow-green or chartreuse.  I really don't understand why SqH pushes so many yellow polishes.  I know very few people who like to wear them.  Oh well, not my company!  Thanks again.

So, who's in for June/Maui?  From the three trio choices we had to vote on, it looks like the blue-blue-sand one won, from the preview picture.  I'm skipping again, 'cause I'd like the blues but not another tan/beige.

Add me to the list of those missing their box! I live in florida and my estimated delivery date was Saturday, May 3 but my shipping never updated after "electronic notification" in Miami on April 30. I was at the post office today to track down ANOTHER subscription box I am missing and had them check my tracking again. They advised me to contact Squarehue because it appears that Miami only received notification that a package was to be shipped, but they never physically scanned a package? Anyways, I sent an email to SquareHue a few minutes ago so I'll let y'all know what they say. Maybe there us an issue with some of the boxes this month?

Thanks for the swatches!  I skipped this month and am glad, because I would have only liked the green.  Nice it's a neutral/cool green and not yet another yellow-green or chartreuse.  I really don't understand why SqH pushes so many yellow polishes.  I know very few people who like to wear them.  Oh well, not my company!  Thanks again.

So, who's in for June/Maui?  From the three trio choices we had to vote on, it looks like the blue-blue-sand one won, from the preview picture.  I'm skipping again, 'cause I'd like the blues but not another tan/beige.
I'm skipping June. The top blue in the picture looks like it will be a great ocean blue but I already have enough blues so I don't need it and I definitely don't want a tan/sand color!

Add me to the list of those missing their box! I live in florida and my estimated delivery date was Saturday, May 3 but my shipping never updated after "electronic notification" in Miami on April 30. I was at the post office today to track down ANOTHER subscription box I am missing and had them check my tracking again. They advised me to contact Squarehue because it appears that Miami only received notification that a package was to be shipped, but they never physically scanned a package? Anyways, I sent an email to SquareHue a few minutes ago so I'll let y'all know what they say. Maybe there us an issue with some of the boxes this month?
That's so weird that you didn't get your package when you're in the same state! Thanks for emailing them! Keep us posted on what they say. Hopefully they get everything worked out soon! 

I'm torn on June. I'm not crazy about the colors, but I kind of want to get it just because it's Maui, which I love, and am actually going to in June. Of the three voting options, that was the one I liked best. Based on the preview, I'm sure I'll like the blues and I don't really have a sand color... so maybe I will end up getting it after all.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the sand color will be textured. It just makes sense to me given the theme.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the sand color will be textured. It just makes sense to me given the theme.
I wondered if SquareHue ever sent out textured polishes. I would love one and it makes sense with the theme but a sandy textured isn't really my cup of tea. 

I wondered if SquareHue ever sent out textured polishes. I would love one and it makes sense with the theme but a sandy textured isn't really my cup of tea.
The orange in the Moto collection was textured, and the color plus texture equalled pumpkin to me.

Back