Starlooks Birthday Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else with a June birthday?  Wondering if anyone got their birthday box, or shipping notice yet.  (I'm June and haven't.)

I received my birthday box from Starlooks the other day.

There were three items in the box:

1. Shadow brush (which I've received a similar one before and liked it).
  2. A lip gloss (the same color as I received in the September Starbox).
  3. An eyeliner - Indigo Frost which is a sapphire blue.
 ​

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​

That's pretty crazy that you got the same item in your bday box that was sent out in the monthly box!

​

That's a great box!

Got my birthday box yesterday.

With all of the monthly sub repeats going out in birthday boxes, I figured I was going to get something to give away...but surprise! I'm actually really really happy with what they sent me.

Lipstick in Eva
Eye pencil in Indigo
Eye shadow...color name unknown because there was no sticker on it

I'm jealous of the lipstick. I got the same color lipgloss in my birthday box that I got in my September Starbox.

Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my birthday box yesterday.

With all of the monthly sub repeats going out in birthday boxes, I figured I was going to get something to give away...but surprise! I'm actually really really happy with what they sent me.

Lipstick in Eva
Eye pencil in Indigo
Eye shadow...color name unknown because there was no sticker on it

Thats an amazing birthday box, makes me wish it was my birthday again.

How do they know it is your birthday? I didn't see anywhere to put it in the account or anything.

I can't remember where you put your birthday details. Anyone remember where?

It was in my profile questions when I first signed up, but I don't think you can add it after that.  @amy005 you can just send an email to [email protected] and they'll manually add it to your profile!

I'm jealous of the lipstick. I got the same color lipgloss in my birthday box that I got in my September Starbox.

I just received a birthday box. I'm not complaining because it is great customer service to send these out, but disappointing because I received the Indigo Frost Pencil and the Lilac Eye Shadow. Which are great, but they are the exact same mystery items I received the last time they had the mystery sale and I bought two.

I wish they would keep track in our accounts to stop sending us duplicates. 

Not as crazy as receiving the same item as in the monthly subscription, but maybe second as odd?

Hi! So I was wondering if anyone has gotten a birthday box for 2014 yet? I'm not sure if they give the same stuff for most of the year or what...this will be my first bday with them (in march) and looking through your posts, it seemed like most people got the same thing (the kinky lips) till the end of the year. Anyway, just wanted to check! Thanks!

Hi! So I was wondering if anyone has gotten a birthday box for 2014 yet? I'm not sure if they give the same stuff for most of the year or what...this will be my first bday with them (in march) and looking through your posts, it seemed like most people got the same thing (the kinky lips) till the end of the year. Anyway, just wanted to check! Thanks!
I think those of us who received January birthday boxes received the same thing: brown eyeliner pencil, Shiny Taupe single pan eyeshadow (to go into a palette), and the bright pink HD Fluid blush formerly known as Barbie. February birthday boxes almost definitely have not yet been sent out, so we don't know what they're sending out overall yet, but given the multiple ways they're sending out random boxes of things, my guess is that this year's boxes will be a mixed bag as well.

Feb bag - only two items?

I got tipsy lip liner (which I already have thanks to ipsy - this will go in my swap list!!) and lipstick in Claudia, which is a bright berry color (see pic below) - it is the lower color.  I was swatching something else and I didn't clean my hand all the way - lol.  

it came in a starlooks plastic bag.   I hope that bag isn't our third item :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

update - the see-thru plastic bag with the starlooks logo is actually a makeup bag (yes, it has a zipper) and counts as an item for february.  I guess I dismissed that plastic bag too soon!

For April I got a tickle me pink lip liner, a purple eye shadow with no name (the sticker seems to be removed since I can see the outline of where it once was), and some shimmery drawstring bag.

probablyedible said:
I also received the Tickle Me Pink lip liner and a greyish eyeshadow with no name and sticker removed as well. I wonder if these are products they're getting rid of or something along the line for them to remove the stickers.
I bought a blush from them a couple of months ago, and there was a new smaller sticker over a spot where an older larger sticker was removed. And I bought a Turquoise eyeshadow *last year* that they're still selling that had the label removed. It's not a new thing.
ETA: Aw, crap. I accidentally deleted the post from @@probablyedible because I'm a new mod who didn't pay attention to her posting buttons! The delete button is right where Quote used to be on the mobile version! Many, many apologies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back