The Jungle Stand - Tasting Bar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably my favorite subscription food box. I get goodies, Love w/food, treatsie, etc. I love the surprise and the whole entire presentation. It's all so well thought out, and you can tell a lot of work/effort went into it. I didn't love the squid, but I did taste it! So much fun to taste the other items, and get a sense of a different culture. I'm really looking forward to this one, since it's supposed to arrive on Friday! I hope it's something I've never had before....

Stumbled into this thread, and color me intrigued. Such a variety! Glancing at the previous boxes, I recognized the pineapple cakes and other goodies from a visit to Taiwan. I think me and the bf could be into this. Hmm. Feels slightly expensive in an amount of food for the cost way, but it's more of a fun curated tasting experience which adds value.

MMM looks yummy! I'm going to skip another month or two as I'm not too fond of the 'around the world' format...so we'll see where it goes next month!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MMM looks yummy! I'm going to skip another month or two as I'm not too fond of the 'around the world' format...so we'll see where it goes next month!
I hear ya! After the 2 Asian months, I almost paused as well. I hate seaweed & seafood, so those months were rough for me. Luckily, my husband liked everything, so it wasn't a total waste. I thought for sure they couldn't so another Asian theme again, so I took my chances.

Originally Posted by Kira Sanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hear ya! After the 2 Asian months, I almost paused as well. I hate seaweed & seafood, so those months were rough for me. Luckily, my husband liked everything, so it wasn't a total waste. I thought for sure they couldn't so another Asian theme again, so I took my chances.

Same same same! Too much soy in the last box and the squid had me second guessing lol. I guess it's good they are detouring from cookies and chocolate for a bit, but I'd rather have a box of chocolate than a box of soy any day 
smiletongue.gif
 I still love them and I will be back, maybe next month who knows!

I blog about my tasting bars, and post my reviews on their Facebook page, so they can read how much I have hated the last 2 boxes! I begged them to stay away from the "sea" flavors,lol. And, now that you mentioned it, I also hated all the soy flavored snacks too. I like soy sauce, but couldn't stand those soy flavored rice crackers. yuck!

Quote: Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do they include the nutritional info for each item like graze does?
Yes, they include an ingredient sheet.

Ohh, that Taiwan-themed box is right up my alley! (I'm Taiwanese, but my boyfriend isn't and we're both foodies.) This seems like so much fun! I'll have to consider it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back