The Jungle Stand - Tasting Bar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first box, and I was very pleased.  The theme wasn't quite as "adventurous" as I'd hoped for, based on previous boxes, but it was definitely tasty!  This definitely isn't a sub for people who want a crazy amount of value for their money, but I think it is well worth $9.92 for a monthly treat.  It's just such a fun concept, and I appreciate the thought they put into it!

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OH MY GOSH! The first month I decide to pause they send brownie brittle 
icon_eek.gif
icon_cry.gif
!!!!! lol

I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy it though-- definitely sounds like I missed out on a yummy box!
I skipped this month too!! So sad.  I thought I would be gone when it was delivered but it sounds like this one came later in the month. Boooo!!

Just went to pause my account--money is tighter for me in the summer so I'm cutting down for a few months. It was so easy to stop my subscription! Yet another reason I'm in love with this sub!

I got my box today! This is only my second month, and I was thinking of cancelling, because I'm subscribed to sooooo many boxes, but The Jungle Stand is just so well done and fun, I can't give it up yet!

I want to hear what you guys got! I paused my sub but for some reason a box was shipped out to me anyway, so I'm really curious to hear what you got!

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to hear what you guys got! I paused my sub but for some reason a box was shipped out to me anyway, so I'm really curious to hear what you got!
I have no idea how to post those spoiler links everyone posts,  but I'll type the theme in white here Welcome to Taiwan!

Originally Posted by Kira Sanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no idea how to post those spoiler links everyone posts,  but I'll type the theme in white here Welcome to Taiwan!

Sounds like Pineapple Cakes, Suncakes, Wife cakes (Yes they're called wife cakes lol), and a whole lot of cakes ahhaa... Sun cakes are delicious. I think my bf's family might be bringing some of everything from Taiwan this trip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.. their snacks are delicious! The thing is, is that taste will vary depending on manufacturer. Hope you guys get some well made items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kira Sanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The typing in white is as good at hiding spoilers, but if you want to add photos or anything there's a box next to the quotation mark (") that's a black comment bubble. Once you click that a new box will come up allowing you to type in whatever spoiler you want. I think for photos you need to upload them first, highlight them and then click the black bubble to make it a spoiler. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

June Jungle Stand Spoilers

Thank you!! I'm not sure about some of these, but I'll have to do some experimenting. DEFINITELY not trying the fourth option though...I wonder if my cats could eat it?

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

June Jungle Stand Spoilers

Thank you!! I'm not sure about some of these, but I'll have to do some experimenting. DEFINITELY not trying the fourth option though...I wonder if my cats could eat it?

LOL the fourth option is a bit scary for me, but I will try it and I will encourage my kids to try it without telling them what it is first haha. I think it's important for them to try new things, and I have never tried it, so I might like it! I like that some options I have had from this sub box push me out of my comfort zone, and it's a fun time with family whether I enjoy every taste or not.

Okay, after completing my tasting last night, I decided to pause,lol. Not sure if I could handle many more boxes like this one
sick.gif
  I ordered Glossy Box instead
biggrin.gif

Squid, like the one that came in the box, doesn't have much flavor itself so it'll taste like whatever seasoning is added to it. 

Got my July shipping notice! 

My kids will be wary this time after not telling them about the squid until after they ate it last time LOL

I do hope it's something tasty this month!

Back