The Jungle Stand - Tasting Bar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paused my subscription a week or so ago, and Jackie emailed me personally to see if everything was OK. I said everything's fine, I love your service I just need to make sure I will have the money in a few weeks. She let me know that the one I already paid for would be shipping the 22nd.

I would drop them an email or FB message if you're curious about shipping date, they have always been prompt and very very helpful :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder what the treasure map thingy means! 
I've seen they are better at responding via FB than on their site.. the past few times I have contacted them on their site I didn't get a reply... Maybe it didn't go through. I'll try FB next time if I need to contact them for anything.

I appreciate the date though. I know you're feeling on money.. I don't know if I will be keeping this sub service after this month.

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paused my subscription a week or so ago, and Jackie emailed me personally to see if everything was OK. I said everything's fine, I love your service I just need to make sure I will have the money in a few weeks. She let me know that the one I already paid for would be shipping the 22nd.

I would drop them an email or FB message if you're curious about shipping date, they have always been prompt and very very helpful :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder what the treasure map thingy means! 
I've seen they are better at responding via FB than on their site.. the past few times I have contacted them on their site I didn't get a reply... Maybe it didn't go through. I'll try FB next time if I need to contact them for anything.

I appreciate the date though. I know you're feeling on money.. I don't know if I will be keeping this sub service after this month.

Oh yeah def FB gets fast responses...one time I left a message there at like 3am and they responded right away! I don't mind at all to pay the price for this sub, but when it comes out at the same time as both of my BB's and Ipsy...that's $40 on one day and it gets tight with that being rent week lol. The great thing is though, that you can pause the sub, and then un-pause it later in the month..kind of changing your billing date.

Oh yeah def FB gets fast responses...one time I left a message there at like 3am and they responded right away! I don't mind at all to pay the price for this sub, but when it comes out at the same time as both of my BB's and Ipsy...that's $40 on one day and it gets tight with that being rent week lol. The great thing is though, that you can pause the sub, and then un-pause it later in the month..kind of changing your billing date.

That's interesting that it'll change the billing date. I definitely do like the Jungle Stand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's interesting that it'll change the billing date. I definitely do like the Jungle Stand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry, what I meant was, they always bill around the 1st....but if you pause, then un-pause say, on the 15th, you will be billed when u un-pause, changing your billing date for that month if you don't have the money on the 1st, and you'll still receive that month's BAR :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then you'll be charged on the 1st of the next month unless u pause again.

Sorry, what I meant was, they always bill around the 1st....but if you pause, then un-pause say, on the 15th, you will be billed when u un-pause, changing your billing date for that month if you don't have the money on the 1st, and you'll still receive that month's BAR :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then you'll be charged on the 1st of the next month unless u pause again.

Lol it's ok. Don't be sorry, but thanks for clarifying that though because I would have be really confused if that had happened to be.

I got my box from the post office today!

Sorry the photos are out of order. The theme is "Baker's trip around the world". There are 6 different pastries from 6 different countries and are as follows: Hopia from the Philippines; Pineapple Cake from Taiwan; Pastelitos de Mango from Cuba; Macaroon from Lebanon; Baklava from Greece; and finally Rice Cakes from Vietnam.

I have had Pineapple Cakes from Taiwan before and they're delicious! From this box, I have only had a chance to try the Vietnamese Rice Cakes and they taste like Mochi, but much sweeter.
I am intrigued by this box and by Jungle Stand's previous boxes so I think I'll stay subbed for a few more months.
This is neat to see what people get!

Not sure I would sub for long if they had this where I live as I have pretty much already tried most the stuff I have seen they send.

Interesting that the Macaroon is from Lebanon and Baklava from Greece.

The Lebanese do have Baklava too and usually have rosewater in the syrup and any nuts except walnuts. Greek use more walnuts that other nuts in their baklava.

I know someone who owns a local Lebanese bakery, so know quite a lot about those pastries, here are some neat photos from the place I shop at:

-not trying to disrupt your post too much....hopefully?

http://www.malakpastry.com/baklawa.html

special occasion lebanese pastries:

http://www.malakpastry.com/malak_sweets.html

other arab pastries:

http://www.malakpastry.com/arabian_sweets.html

Got my tracking information today! The email said that this BAR "tastes better when chilled" and suggests refrigeration prior to tasting. Hmm! This and the pirate map has me very curious!!

I am dying to know what it is!!! I got my shipment confirmation today as well!  Any guesses as to when it will make it to Illinois?!

Mine says it'll arrive tomorrow....eeek! I can't wait to see what's inside! 
18.gif

Treasure Hunt themed.... I am looking forward to trying this, but I have mixed feelings.

Treasure Hunt themed.... I am looking forward to trying this, but I have mixed feelings.

Thanks! That's really interesting. I wouldn't have expected such an assortment! I might give this box a try soon!

Thanks for the spoiler...of course I don't like ANY of this stuff. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Disappointed for sure. I know they say if you're picky or not adventurous about food not to subscribe, but I would have been totally fine with any of the past boxes I've seen so far. Oh, well. I guess I'll just hope for next month.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the spoiler...of course I don't like ANY of this stuff. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Disappointed for sure. I know they say if you're picky or not adventurous about food not to subscribe, but I would have been totally fine with any of the past boxes I've seen so far. Oh, well. I guess I'll just hope for next month.
That's why I think this box would be good for me. I think all of it looks SUPER interesting.

I'm also not the least bit picky. I'll eat just about anything and enjoy it. XD Minus something like bugs! I just love food.

For instance, for dinner today I made those chili bean burgers from the back of a fiber one box and thought they were fantastic. Chili beans, crushed fiber one and oats, lol. And last night's dinner was a kale & napa cabbage bake. So, yessss, not picky.

Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box...its my least fave of the 4 I've gotten....but bf will love it!
What is in it?

Sorry, was on my phone and don't take chances with spoilers when posting from there lol!

cheese stuffed olives, mushrooms, and peppers. BF will love this box, but my kids will be like ewwww haha. 
Even though I might not eat or like the things in here, I am glad they have something very different to offer than a standard food box. They go out of their way to come up with fun and exciting varieties for their boxes...and I know that even though I don't like the items, a lot of people will, and will appreciate the different tastes. Now the wait for the May box!

Sorry, was on my phone and don't take chances with spoilers when posting from there lol!

cheese stuffed olives, mushrooms, and peppers. BF will love this box, but my kids will be like ewwww haha. 
Even though I might not eat or like the things in here, I am glad they have something very different to offer than a standard food box. They go out of their way to come up with fun and exciting varieties for their boxes...and I know that even though I don't like the items, a lot of people will, and will appreciate the different tastes. Now the wait for the May box!
I agree.. They definitely are different and help you try things you might not have otherwise tried.

No prob :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I am waiting for my items to cool down in the fridge... I may wait until after dinner tonight to try them even though they fall more into the appetizer category rather than the desert category 

Back