The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't bug me either. If it was a teeny tiny sample of something and I couldn't buy it, that'd be annoying. But it is full size so we do get to enjoy the product so why not?

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Doesn't bug me either. If it was a teeny tiny sample of something and I couldn't buy it, that'd be annoying. But it is full size so we do get to enjoy the product so why not?
Same here, as long as it's within the exp dates! Like I've said before, I don't buy full sizes....so sending me full size makes me happy!

From what I understand, the Ultraflesh Mascara is no longer being manufactured.  It was sold through Sephora and I received a sample and fell in love with it.  Sadly, before I could buy a full size, it was discontinued (that was last October).  When The Look Bag put the Ultraflesh Gold Standard mascara samples in their July bag, I was so excited and though that it was being manufactured again, but when I contacted the Look Bag, they told me that they only had samples and couldn't get the full size to sell - which made me wonder why they were sending out samples of it if you couldn't buy it.  I've searched for it, but everything that I've found is on wholesale websites.  Ultraflesh's twitter feed has been silent since last October and I can't find a website or any company info for them.  I did find a small blog post stating that Ultraflesh had been sold and the new owners chose to stop the line all together instead of continuing it, but that's the only thing I've seen about what happened to them.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I understand, the Ultraflesh Mascara is no longer being manufactured.  It was sold through Sephora and I received a sample and fell in love with it.  Sadly, before I could buy a full size, it was discontinued (that was last October).  When The Look Bag put the Ultraflesh Gold Standard mascara samples in their July bag, I was so excited and though that it was being manufactured again, but when I contacted the Look Bag, they told me that they only had samples and couldn't get the full size to sell - which made me wonder why they were sending out samples of it if you couldn't buy it.  I've searched for it, but everything that I've found is on wholesale websites.  Ultraflesh's twitter feed has been silent since last October and I can't find a website or any company info for them.  I did find a small blog post stating that Ultraflesh had been sold and the new owners chose to stop the line all together instead of continuing it, but that's the only thing I've seen about what happened to them.
They are selling the samples on TLS site...I'd stock up if you love it and they don't make it anymore!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are selling the samples on TLS site...I'd stock up if you love it and they don't make it anymore!

If they stopped making it 2 years ago, I wouldn't...mascara isn't an item I'd stockpile...dries out/goes bad too quickly. I'd be worried about using it!

Well now that we know they're working with a 3rd party vendor how does that make you (those still subscribed or those considering to subscribing) feel about The Look Bag? Would you rather pay $10 to a company that works directly with a manufacturer (such as Ipsy, Beauty Army and Birchbox) or one that doesn't and takes a chance of sending out expired products for $12.95?
I would prefer, for several reasons, to go with a company who works with manufacturers, even if it means I may pay a little more. The idea that a subscription service could be trolling for the old and cheap is creepy to me, and sounds like they're more about cutting costs that providing a service. Plus I have concerns about product quality, The strength of SPF if there is one, and chemical changes in a product that can mess up my skin or my husband's, owing to his allergies. I was considering resubscribing to The Look Bag too. But the complaints I'm reading, plus the fact I'm burnt out on anything celebrity driven, have kept me far away from it!

In case anybody else wants this info...... I went to use the Pop Beauty Crackle Nail Polish last night it came out in clumps on the brush. I have never had that ever happen before with any polish so I tossed it.So that for me at least means only my York lip balm was usable and that I could have bought for $1.I paid $9.71 for this box since it was my first and last from The Look Bag.

Oh lol @ me I forgot about the pixi. I guess it is useable but I am gifting it to someone .I hope it is ok and there are no issues with it. That'd be horribly embarrassing to gift something like that and find out it was bad or something.

Besides Jane Fonda, another "celebrity curator" on the Look Store is Elizabeth Röhm, who I like and respect. So I tweeted her the general situation, and she asked for more info so I pointed her to Zadi's blog posts and this thread. I did say that for all we know, the sub bag is the only issue with the company, but she thanked me for the heads up. Hopefully their celebrity endorsers like Elizabeth questioning why they're behaving badly in response to what could have been just an honest mistake, and motivate them to clean up their customer service.

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In case anybody else wants this info...... I went to use the Pop Beauty Crackle Nail Polish last night it came out in clumps on the brush. I have never had that ever happen before with any polish so I tossed it.So that for me at least means only my York lip balm was usable and that I could have bought for $1.I paid $9.71 for this box since it was my first and last from The Look Bag.
In my experience this is how all crackle polishes come out, at least all my julep ones have.

It shouldn't be clumpy on the brush. Not one of my OPI, China Glaze, Sally Hansen or Sinful Colors crackles does that.

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to use the Pop Beauty Crackle Nail Polish last night it came out in clumps on the brush. I have never had that ever happen before with any polish so I tossed it.
Mine came out smooth luckily. I have had a clumpy crackle before though. It was a Sally Hansen polish but I just thinned it out and clumps went away. I am not a big crackle fan anyway, however my daughters think it's really cool. They use my crackles way more than I ever will.

Finally tried the Pixi today, and regardless of whatever, that stuff was worth the price of admission. Definitely something I probably wouldn't have normally tried, but it made it so I could wear my WnW Cherry Bomb without punching something in aggravation! Love.

Originally Posted by zatanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally tried the Pixi today, and regardless of whatever, that stuff was worth the price of admission. Definitely something I probably wouldn't have normally tried, but it made it so I could wear my WnW Cherry Bomb without punching something in aggravation! Love.
I totally agree!  It made my OCC lip tars not bleed AT ALL!  I now have an excuse to buy more lip tars!

Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zatanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally agree!  It made my OCC lip tars not bleed AT ALL!  I now have an excuse to buy more lip tars!

Did you guys use the primer, liner, or both? I have bleeding issues with my Lip Bomb.

I used the liner only with the lip bomb (#2), because I was worried the primer would negate the stain aspect. It worked great to decrease the feathering of the lip bomb, but of course didn't really help with the longevity. Maybe I will do some mad scientist stuff and try the primer+bomb. I used the primer for the first time today in conjunction with the liner with the WnW matte lipstick and it really held it in place (even after being assaulted by fried rice and beer).

Back