The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved my Pop Beauty Crackle Nail Polish, was my favorite item of the whole bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's what I got: 

The value of my box was:$28.47
Oh my... They're STILL sending out Stila shadows? Please call Stila to find out if it's discontinued much less expired.

Stila's customer care line: 866.784.5201

Both Stila and Freeman Beauty have stated that The Look Bag is not authorized to send out their products. The Bare Foot product is newer item sold on Freeman Beauty so it's not discontinued much less expired. The items over all are pretty good but I'm wary of anything TLB sends out now. Will you call Stila to find out if the shadow is discontinued or expired?

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still not sure why you have to be 'authorized' to buy and sell products....
If you get it directly from the manufacturer, it means they are responsible for the age/expiration/quality of the product. If you get it from a second-hand seller, it means they could've purchased it from the seller quite a while ago when they were trying to get rid of it all because it was so cheap, so you don't know if the product is expired or not.

Mostly, working directly with companies usually ensures that the customers are getting safe/not-expired products. That's why there's such a big fuss since the Stilla product TLB sent was expired, and all that nonsense with the Red Carpet Box

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both Stila and Freeman Beauty have stated that The Look Bag is not authorized to send out their products. The Bare Foot product is newer item sold on Freeman Beauty so it's not discontinued much less expired. The items over all are pretty good but I'm wary of anything TLB sends out now. Will you call Stila to find out if the shadow is discontinued or expired?
Yup, about to do so right now, I'll let you know what they say, tyvm for the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> call is not going through " due to technical difficulties", but I'll keep on trying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I contacted them again asking about a refund, they did not respond. So, yes, they are refusing refunds after sending out at least one expired product.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, about to do so right now, I'll let you know what they say, tyvm for the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> call is not going through " due to technical difficulties", but I'll keep on trying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh that's right... NYC phone lines are still down for some people and companies. Stila maybe one still affected. Email them instead.

Here's what they said: 

Hi Gabriela,Thank you for contacting stila cosmetics customer care. We have contacted our sales representatives and they do not have record of this company being a certified retailer. We would suggest you return the product as the expiration date was February 2011.We hope this new information has been helpful and you have a wonderful day filled with lots of smiles and blushes!

All The Best,

Stila Cosmetics Customer Care
[email protected]

p (866) 784-5201

So, it is expired :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's so sad.

But it's no longer an accident if they're still sending out expired Stila AFTER being notified it's expired.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, TLB is including a replacement product in the Nov bag for the accident.
but doesn't sending a replacement product in november bag assume that everyone who was affected is going to continue to subscribe? it doesn't seem like a fair way to compensate, but that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But it's no longer an accident if they're still sending out expired Stila AFTER being notified it's expired.
Of course, if that is what happened...we don't know when the above bag was received.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, TLB is including a replacement product in the Nov bag for the accident.
but doesn't sending a replacement product in november bag assume that everyone who was affected is going to continue to subscribe? it doesn't seem like a fair way to compensate, but that's just my opinion.

EXACTLY. I unsubscribed, and they will not refund me. Not a good way to handle a problem like this.

by the looks of their facebook, the replaced the stila with the naked princess 4 gloss sample pack thing. so, the person who posted their october photo on look bag's facebook had two lip products (the york balm too)

Back