The Makeup dollar store

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ELF has been out for a while. Them being $1 shouldn't matter. The band behind this visions as clout and been in the industry for years. There are some stars who even use ELF. I get their newsletter via email and have ordered a few times. It comes really quick in the mail. I haven't had a problem with the brushes, soothing lip glosses, eye liners, or eye shadows. I really like the eye lash curler. It's worth a shot at trying.

I'm thinking of ordering a few things but I want to know,

this wetgloss mascara and brow stuff. What does it actually do? Keep your brows in place, Im guessing. but what purpose would it have for your lashes?

The Earth and Water Mascara Duo, is it the same as the Maybelline Intense XXL mascara? as I know for a fact, thats the grossest mascara I've ever tried. It makes you have cottage cheese stuck to your lashes.

And last but not least, is the hypershine gloss sticky at all? Does it wear off quickly?

Thanks,

Skylar

The Hypershine gloss is the click-pen with the brush tip. It's good. A little sticky but no more than average. The stickiness gives it a little more staying power, but yes it does wear off quickly.

Thanks, about how long does it last? Thats a huge thing for me because I hate having to pull it out and reapply it. xD

I would probably add the foundation brush to my working kit I'm developing (I believe you can use any foundation brush as long as your technique in applying is good) as well as a few lip brushes, brow wands, smudge brushes and the brow comb/brushes...you can never have too many of those items especially at a resonable price...

i tried the lipgloss and the lip liner (picked up at Target on the travel section, where the mini things are). I like both, was wondering what the rest of stuff was like.

Hi, I am still here (I bought the 75 dollars worth of makeup) I bought every piece of the line... I LOVE the Brushes....the eyeshadow is pretty good...I hate the bronzing duo....the lip glosses are good but really sticky but thick with high shine... I LOVE (along with my friends) the foundation ... I bought every shade and gave some to my friends...they are loved them...I dont even need concealer when I put it on....ummmm did I forget anything

What was wrong with the bronzer duo? I'm asking because the darker colored one is a bronzer duo color I've been looking for for awhile. I can't seem to find that color anywhere, so when I saw that ELF had it, I was compelled to order it. What was wrong with it? And can you recommened another brand that has the same colors? Thanks!!

Try Wet and Wild bronzer. It comes in three shades and is $2.00. Check CVS. Not cakey, chalky or orange.

I got my stuff last week and I'm still trying it out. So far, here are my thoughts.

Brightening Eye Color quads (I purchased all of them) Works best w/ shadow primer. I used L'Oreal De-Crease. Very smooth texture. Color = to be determined Staying power = Not so bad for $1. I'd much rather have 1 color for $1 than a quad w/ colors that don't necessarily compliment eachother and some colors are very redundant.

Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade: I've only half-heartedly tested this on my face. It was far too much color for my face. It seemed to be more of a rasberry lemonade, but as I mentioned it was just an experimental dab. I'll keep you posted.

Soothing Lip Gloss in Cabernet: Good stuff for a buck. Not too please with the color I picked. It's far too loud of a red. The scent, flavor and staying power are about as good as you can get for a buck. If you're familiar w/ Venom Gloss I would say it's less sticky and about the same staying power.

Bronzing Blush Duo - Haven't used yet.

9 brush set: I like them all except for the Defining eye brush and Blending eye brush. Save yourself the money and just buy the other 7 individually.

So far, I definitely plan on trying some of their other products. I would probably buy their shadows again, particularly the butternut quad....even though the colors are nearly identical, it makes a great base shadow.

I'll be back with reviews.

Mel

I think they're a good idea for stocking stuffers, too. You'd spend more on a card....At a dollar, for kids and teens, quality doesn't seem like an issue.

Thanks Melissa! That's quite a detailed review and will be very helpful to those who were curious!! Glad you liked most of what you bought! :icon_chee

I've tried ELF's Hypershine gloss. IMO, it's a tad too sticky for my liking. The colors run quite sheer. I guess the only thing I like about it is the sweet fragrance.

its good to know the one brush was ok...i am trying to build a collection of brushes

Thanks ....... It's probably all junk. I wouldn't waste my money. If Walmart sells this brand I may try it....But on eyes.lips.face. com........... for just a 1.00 eye widening pencil they want 5.00 for shipping and handling .

I would definetly stock up on their makeup cases and clutch cases they are having 50% off presently. The brushes look alright and the tools look like a steal!!

Eightthirty

I think same as you

i just ordered some myself 2 days ago

my friend uses them i liked them

Items Ordered:

----------------------------------------------------

1401 - NoireQty:1$1.00

2201 - CrystalQty:1$1.00

2007 - DramaQty:1$1.00

1206 - ToastedQty:1$1.00

1201 - Pink LemonadeQty:1$1.00

1202 - CitrusQty:1$1.00

1203 - PersimmonQty:1$1.00

2804 - Iced LateQty:1$1.00

2805 - Malt ShakeQty:1$1.00

2806 - Pink KissQty:1$1.00

2808 - CandlelightQty:1$1.00

2801 - AngelQty:1$1.00

4002 - Tone 2Qty:1$1.00

1814 - Eyeliner BrushQty:1$1.00

1710 - Eye Makeup Remover Pads Qty:1$1.00

Anyone ever buy the makeup cases or makeup clutch bags to hold brushes? The one ELF sells looks exactly like the ones Sephora sells but at lower prices with ELF!

Back