The Makeup dollar store

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought:

brown eyeliner (forgot the name, sorry): too soft that the tip falls off, but i've found that it's a pretty good brush-on cake liner...plus, free sharpener! i also use it under bright lip colors to tone the color down

double-ended mascara: flakes a little, but what mascara doesn't? haven't tried the waterproof side, though

eyeshadow in luxe and nouveau neutrals: ok, the neutral one's shades all show up silvery and shimmery, but they make a good highlighter or base shade ...the luxe is better, and reminds me of a hard candy eye quad

facial whip in toasted: not really anything but a highlighter...but can be used on top of powder eyeshadow to make it smudgy

not that great, but good for purchasing for halloween costumes (way better than face paint junk)

You can buy their empty quad compacts for a buck and depot your e/s! They're supposed to be very durable.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. The shadow is awful. It lasts about 2 minutes and that's with using Urban Decay Primer. I got an eyelash curler that I was using but that wasn't good either. The only thing that I didn't toss out was the duo mascara and that's because it has a waterproof side which I use for my bottom lashes only .

That was so funny to me but I think they really suck, i am brown skin and some of the colors show up and some look so stupid and they fade away. And their blush, do not even get me started on that.

I wasn't impressed with their foundation, concealer and powder, but I've heard some pretty good things about their brushes. I need to start building more of a brush collection, so even if they suck, $1 per brush isn't horrible! And with a flat $5 shipping and no taxes, you really can't beat that!

Personally, this is just me talking, I worry about the makers of these products being paid properly.

i'm rather picky about my false eyelashes, and these don't seem like anything TOO special but has anyone tried them?

i haven't tried the falsies. i haven't tried any in my life just yet. i might go ahead and buy some because, hey. they're only a buck! =]] they can be good for practice lashes though.

Yay! I just placed my first order with them!

I was actually at my friend's house and we had a late-minute party to go to and I was freaking out cuz I forget to bring my make-up along with me...so I saw there was the e.l.f. concealer lying in her make-up bag...and I just put some underneath my eyes and on my forehead and chin...and wow! I must say, I was impressed. It went on pretty smooth in consistency and it lasted decently considering it's only what, $1?? Haha, I just bought 5 lip glosses, 3 of the concealers, 2 brushes, 2 sets of the "natural" false eyelashes, and the eyelash curler. Will definitely update on the impact and quality of the products SOOn!!

I don't think I'd be able to get them from Canada. Only when i go shopping in USA, I might be able to pick up some of these little things:(

i like their eyeshadows. but everything else is total crap. this brand is called E.L.F, you can get it at the local pharmacy stores like cvs, rite aid, eckerd...etc. amd they only cost a dollar as well, so you might save yourself from paying for the shipping instead.

Really? I work in the pharmacy at CVS but I've never ever seen this particular brand carried there (in CVS, I mean...not the pharmacy, lol). Also, I made a mad dash this morning out to my local Target because somebody said that they carried it, but I didn't see it, either. Honestly, I've never even heard of e.l.f. until I read about it here on this forum. But at a buck a pop, what's there to lose, right? Hey, sweetstax3, I read a lot of entries here that said their eyeshadows suck because they're not pigemented at all and don't have any lasting power. Which eyeshadows of theirs (colorwise) did you find to be flattering or good?

E.L.F. is my friend's favorite supplier of mascara. Their mascara is very natural looking.

really? that's strange, i saw this brand all the time at cvs and target, but they're normally placed at the little corner or the "sale" buckets. i tried their eyeshadow in golden glow, mocha, pink ice, and dusk along with the 4-pan compact. the 4-pan compact is really neat, it's the perfect fit for mac, urban decay, milani, and nyx's eyeshadows. back to e.l.f's eyeshadows, well the 4 shades i've bought wored pretty well for me, especially golden glow, it's a true golden brown shade with lots of shimmer, lasting power is average, but you can simply fix it with udpp..it's not as good as mac or ud's eyeshadows of course, but it definitely worths $1 or a little more... :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i also bought one of the blush/bronzers they have, it's called "glow" i think. it's a very nice peachy shade that is very similar to nars's orgasm, but with less shimmery effect. i tried to use e.l.f's glow and nars's orgasm on each of my cheek and compare the differences, they looked almost identical to me. then i went to ask my sister, who's a nars addict, she also couldn't tell the difference, beside the "shimmery" part. hope this help. :rotfl:

here's a link for reference:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22.../2302Glowc.jpg

Thanks!! That's something I'll definitely have to look into...I was rather hesitant about their eyeshadows. Also, I didn't realize that e.l.f mascaras were any good. I should be receiving my order in a few days, so if I'm satisfied with the quality and performance of all of the products in this first shipment...I will definitely have to order some more stuff! I will update in a few days, then, lol.

I've bought some brushes & blush from e.l.f. and they weren't good... the eyelash curler is worth it though.

Back