The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after going over my stash to decide on my project...I have discovered that I am just plain overwhellmed. I don't even know where to start. There's...just...so...much make-up. :wacko:

Maybe it would be easier for me to just set one teensy goal at a time. So that is what I'll do...

- B.E. Moxie lippie in Get ready (goal: to use up)

- Mally eyeliner in Lucky Penny (goal: use it up)

- City color white gold highlight cream (goal: use it up)
Glad you joined us! Starting with small goes is good.

Revlon Lip Butter - Peach Parfait.JPG

I'm calling this done - into the museum of empties it goes! (The little protrusion in the front is actually part of the plastic part of the tube holding the lipstick... not sure if that makes sense)

Revlon Lip Butter - Peach Parfait.JPG

I'm calling this done - into the museum of empties it goes! (The little protrusion in the front is actually part of the plastic part of the tube holding the lipstick... not sure if that makes sense)
way to go! those suckers seem to take so long to finish... ugh. And I bought like...7 of them. D: going to be project panning them all consecutively. I think by the time i get to my peach parfait it'll probably be spring next year lol. 

(I'm totally weird, but i am scheduling my project pan items so that by the time I get to certain others, they fall in season).

way to go! those suckers seem to take so long to finish... ugh. And I bought like...7 of them. D: going to be project panning them all consecutively. I think by the time i get to my peach parfait it'll probably be spring next year lol. 

(I'm totally weird, but i am scheduling my project pan items so that by the time I get to certain others, they fall in season).
Oh, haha, I have all of them - they're the only lipsticks I've bought (with the exception of 1; and two stila Liquid Lip colors... which aren't exactly in lipsick form). I have 5 of them open right now and the others I won't open until my current ones are used up and I finish my two glosses.

I think scheduling project pan around seasons is good! (I may or may not have tried to do the same in the past...)

And for grins, I took a pic of my finished Peach Parfait with my finished Cotton Candy lip butter (both are obviously completely rolled up).

Finished Lip Butters.JPG

Oh, haha, I have all of them - they're the only lipsticks I've bought (with the exception of 1; and two stila Liquid Lip colors... which aren't exactly in lipsick form). I have 5 of them open right now and the others I won't open until my current ones are used up and I finish my two glosses.

I think scheduling project pan around seasons is good! (I may or may not have tried to do the same in the past...)

And for grins, I took a pic of my finished Peach Parfait with my finished Cotton Candy lip butter (both are obviously completely rolled up).

Finished Lip Butters.JPG
Woop woop! way to go on finishing two. I've only finished one plus a lip gloss so far, and want to get them ALL out of my collection. I much prefer lipsticks, and I love lip gloss but the ones I have are starting to push their age. 

After 6 full months of no-buy and use-up, at the end of which I tossed three drugstore products that were just not worth it, I think my stash is almost exactly where I want it to be. Only items that I like and use on the regular! Will probably toss a Fantasy Makers lipstick from last Halloween as well, and debating on tossing a white shimmery eyeshadow from Victoria's Secret from yeaaarrrs ago. Once I use up some lipsticks and hair stuff plus one eyeliner then I'll be set (although that will take at least a year, I think). Also barely opening a drugstore foundation but will use it all up anyway. Received a Patti Dubrof eyeshadow palette as a gift but haven't tried it out yet, so here's hoping it's good.

Wow, this is a cool thread, I may have to start this.  We just purchased a new house and I need to start using what I have and not doing so much impulse shopping.  I think when my husband is at poker tomorrow night I am going to go through my stash and pick put some stuff to work on.  

After 6 full months of no-buy and use-up, at the end of which I tossed three drugstore products that were just not worth it, I think my stash is almost exactly where I want it to be. Only items that I like and use on the regular! Will probably toss a Fantasy Makers lipstick from last Halloween as well, and debating on tossing a white shimmery eyeshadow from Victoria's Secret from yeaaarrrs ago. Once I use up some lipsticks and hair stuff plus one eyeliner then I'll be set (although that will take at least a year, I think). Also barely opening a drugstore foundation but will use it all up anyway. Received a Patti Dubrof eyeshadow palette as a gift but haven't tried it out yet, so here's hoping it's good.
Congrats on the 6 months!!! that's a long long time. This will hopefully be my 2nd month of my no-buy. I did very well from october of last year till march on a low-buy, but this is the first time going on a no-buy successfully, and this thread and others here make me so happy lol. certainly have kept me on track and now I'm totally confident I can use up my 20 products for my project pan.

Wow, this is a cool thread, I may have to start this.  We just purchased a new house and I need to start using what I have and not doing so much impulse shopping.  I think when my husband is at poker tomorrow night I am going to go through my stash and pick put some stuff to work on.  
Hi @! Welcome!! Join us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

OK SO! Update. As I was going through my list for this project pan then through my makeup stash I discovered a lip gloss (after me babbling here about lip products lol) that is even older than Revlon lip butter in fig. ..... 

Yeah. I need to use this baby up. D:! it's smashbox lipgloss in melondrama. So that has priority over fig right now (plus I think of fig's reddish brown as more of a fall color anyways). Need to get that baby out of my stash and used up before it turns on me. 

Wow. You are an inspiration! 6 months of no buy is huge.

Wow, this is a cool thread, I may have to start this. We just purchased a new house and I need to start using what I have and not doing so much impulse shopping. I think when my husband is at poker tomorrow night I am going to go through my stash and pick put some stuff to work on.
Welcome! Glad you joined us & congrats on the new house!

Welcome! Glad you joined us & congrats on the new house!
Thank you for the welcome!!

Here are my picks...I chose six products that I either want to finish up or hit pan on.

1. elf eyelid primer (finish)

2. Avon glimmersticks copper waterproof eye liner (finish)

3. mark glow baby lip gloss (finish)

4. Benefit they're real mascara sample size (finish)

5. Avon Magix face perfector (finish)

6. Avon naturally neutral eyeshadow trio (hit pan)

Most of these have been rattling around in my makeup bag for a while and I'd like to use them up so I can try new stuff. Also since we are in a new house and I have decent lighting here I want to start doing my makeup every day.

Once I finish or hit pan on one of these, I must pick something else from my stash to replace it. It doesn't have to be the same item, but I want to keep 6 items on my list.

Thank you for the welcome!!

Here are my picks...I chose six products that I either want to finish up or hit pan on.

1. elf eyelid primer (finish)

2. Avon glimmersticks copper waterproof eye liner (finish)

3. mark glow baby lip gloss (finish)

4. Benefit they're real mascara sample size (finish)

5. Avon Magix face perfector (finish)

6. Avon naturally neutral eyeshadow trio (hit pan)

Most of these have been rattling around in my makeup bag for a while and I'd like to use them up so I can try new stuff. Also since we are in a new house and I have decent lighting here I want to start doing my makeup every day.

Once I finish or hit pan on one of these, I must pick something else from my stash to replace it. It doesn't have to be the same item, but I want to keep 6 items on my list.
Yay a fellow Avon user! Avon is my weakness. I love their products. Do you still like them or just trying to get rid of what you have?

I have the magix face perfector too and it's almost gone but I don't want to finish it because it's my only primer & I'll have to purchase a new one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay a fellow Avon user! Avon is my weakness. I love their products. Do you still like them or just trying to get rid of what you have?

I have the magix face perfector too and it's almost gone but I don't want to finish it because it's my only primer & I'll have to purchase a new one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I still like Avon, I just have a TON of their stuff and I need to start using it. I order from a lady at work and she is awesome. I am trying to not purchase so much stuff right now because we just moved and I need to thin out my stash a bit. We bought a bigger house and that helps, but seeing just how much stuff I have all in boxes is a real eye opener!!

I am doing the same with my clothes and body products. I have thrown out some stuff and we already have a corner of the basement reserved for garage sale items.

I am going to focus on using, and enjoying, the things I already own instead of purchasing anything more.

I still like Avon, I just have a TON of their stuff and I need to start using it. I order from a lady at work and she is awesome. I am trying to not purchase so much stuff right now because we just moved and I need to thin out my stash a bit. We bought a bigger house and that helps, but seeing just how much stuff I have all in boxes is a real eye opener!!

I am doing the same with my clothes and body products. I have thrown out some stuff and we already have a corner of the basement reserved for garage sale items.

I am going to focus on using, and enjoying, the things I already own instead of purchasing anything more.
I have a confession to make... when my husband and I moved to our new house, I was keeping my stash in a toolbox type tower...it took 2 guys to lift it and bring it inside. I think that was when I put the enough is enough button on. Like... makeup shouldn't take TWO. GROWN. MEN. to lift....

I have a confession to make... when my husband and I moved to our new house, I was keeping my stash in a toolbox type tower...it took 2 guys to lift it and bring it inside. I think that was when I put the enough is enough button on. Like... makeup shouldn't take TWO. GROWN. MEN. to lift....
That made me laugh :sdrop:

That made me laugh :sdrop:
Yeahhhhhh...they (my husband and brother in law) asked me if i kept bricks in there. I told them yes lol.

Mostly because I was too ashamed lol. They laughed and they tease me about my obsession, but they know it's something I'm REALLY into and makes me happy, so they never make me feel bad about it. 

Yeahhhhhh...they (my husband and brother in law) asked me if i kept bricks in there. I told them yes lol.

Mostly because I was too ashamed lol. They laughed and they tease me about my obsession, but they know it's something I'm REALLY into and makes me happy, so they never make me feel bad about it. 
Your husband is cute! So good he don't judge you on what you like to collect, My last boyfriend hated me for collecting so much makeup. But it makes me so happy, so why shouldn't I then. 

Still can't believe it took 2 grown men to carry that xD

Your husband is cute! So good he don't judge you on what you like to collect, My last boyfriend hated me for collecting so much makeup. But it makes me so happy, so why shouldn't I then. 

Still can't believe it took 2 grown men to carry that xD
Yep xD

My husband gives me crap about it but he doesn't judge and sometimes will even enable it lol... it took two men to lift the thing! but he was the one who bought the toolbox tower to begin with!

I had one of those shaky looking plastic drawer things from Walmart -- those metal cart type things that have multiple drawers. That's where I kept my makeup. And it was falling apart, So one day he came home with the tower to put my makeup in.

he also came home with a bottle of bright green nail polish, and he looked so excited because he picked something out for me (this guy, I tell ya, he is so scared that he'd pick something I wouldn't like that he refuses to lol). My birthday gift this year he went through and found all the things I wanted and got me that -- so he got me an illamasqua blush, a tom ford quad and a nars palette. and then he went to walmart the other day and saw me mooning over the milani baked blushes then over a hat at target....guess what he came home with? lol. 

I am thoroughly spoiled, but I love that man to pieces. So, really, the fact that it took 2 men to lift was kind of sort of his fault ;p 

Back