The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a little box next to my home computer with my latest obsessions in mini fragrance samples, and I find that I'm using up a lot more samples up as a result. Maybe try keeping a couple items (gloss, hand cream) next to your work area at home and see if they go more quickly? 

ETA: I am so torn about this Stila lip glaze. I am this close >< to finishing it but honestly...I hate it. I hate the way it smells and applies and it's gross and sticky. Part of me feels like it's my sworn duty to finish it now that I've made it so close to the end, but the other part of me thinks I should just toss it (and a similar lip glaze with barely a dent in it) and move on to stuff I actually enjoy using. Sigh. First world problems, yo.

CAM00287.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little box next to my home computer with my latest obsessions in mini fragrance samples, and I find that I'm using up a lot more samples up as a result. Maybe try keeping a couple items (gloss, hand cream) next to your work area at home and see if they go more quickly? 

ETA: I am so torn about this Stila lip glaze. I am this close >< to finishing it but honestly...I hate it. I hate the way it smells and applies and it's gross and sticky. Part of me feels like it's my sworn duty to finish it now that I've made it so close to the end, but the other part of me thinks I should just toss it (and a similar lip glaze with barely a dent in it) and move on to stuff I actually enjoy using. Sigh. First world problems, yo.

CAM00287.jpg
I would throw those lip glazes in the trash & move on.  Life is too short to wear make up you hate using.  Plus, there are so many other nice lip products to be used (yep, I hate the Stila lip glazes also.)

ETA:  I have been keeping my Bite cinnamon lippie by my computer and it is almost gone!  I really need to make a project pan list for this thread.  Love seeing everyone's photos & progress on here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think my project 10 pan became a 9 pan, and not because I finished something. I was using my Avon lipstick & took it with me when my family went out for the day. I lost it! Can't find it anywhere, and I'm so bummed because it was so close to being finished. :angry:
Woot! Found that lipstick! Back to 10!

CAM00287.jpg
Just throw them! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You used SO much for a product you've not liked so you still made good use of them. I would just throw and move on to something you enjoy using and still want to use up!

CAM00287.jpg
I agree with the others...toss them. It's not worth it to keep using items you don't like, especially if it means other items you enjoy using are being neglected.

Comparison pictures of my progress on a few items:

Before:  6/26/14

/monthly_06_2014/post-100053-0-53372100-1403791422.jpg">/monthly_06_2014/post-100053-0-53372100-1403791422_thumb.jpg

After: 7/14/14

DSCN2843.JPG

I would throw those lip glazes in the trash & move on.  Life is too short to wear make up you hate using.  Plus, there are so many other nice lip products to be used (yep, I hate the Stila lip glazes also.)

ETA:  I have been keeping my Bite cinnamon lippie by my computer and it is almost gone!  I really need to make a project pan list for this thread.  Love seeing everyone's photos & progress on here!
I reread my post last night after I posted it and trashed them.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree, I have so many other products that I'd rather be using, and I should also be using my favorites first rather than the ones I want to get rid of. I was rummaging through my skincare yesterday and found two products that had gone off.  :sick:  I'd be super sad to have some beloved makeup product go off before I had a chance to really use it.

OMG! Doing the happy dance.  I was doing my makeup this morning and hit pan on another eyeshadow in my LORAC Unzipped palette. I didn't realize I was that close to pan on that shade so I was surprised.  It's only a tiny bit of silver showing but its still pan!  I think the bronze shade next to it will be next.  Now I have hit pan on 3 shadows in this palette.   :)

DSCN2850.JPG

Way to go! I have a feeling I may hit pan on another eyeshadow in my Nyx Jazz Nights Palette this week. That would be quite the accomplishment!

OMG! Doing the happy dance.  I was doing my makeup this morning and hit pan on another eyeshadow in my LORAC Unzipped palette. I didn't realize I was that close to pan on that shade so I was surprised.  It's only a tiny bit of silver showing but its still pan!  I think the bronze shade next to it will be next.  Now I have hit pan on 3 shadows in this palette.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
you should pan the whole thing a la amber F on youtube!

you should pan the whole thing a la amber F on youtube!
That will never happen! LOL. The darker shades will take forever to hit pan...they are so pigmented I barely have to use much.  I'm also not a fan of the gold shadow.  I've only used it a handful of times and don't see myself using it a whole lot in the future.

That's pretty amazing that someone hit pan on every shadow in the palette! I'm going to have to check her out.

That will never happen! LOL. The darker shades will take forever to hit pan...they are so pigmented I barely have to use much.  I'm also not a fan of the gold shadow.  I've only used it a handful of times and don't see myself using it a whole lot in the future.

That's pretty amazing that someone hit pan on every shadow in the palette! I'm going to have to check her out.
lol! use the darker shadows as eyeliner and you'd be surprised. as for the gold...perhaps mixing it with other cooler shades? might provide a rose gold look. 

lol! use the darker shadows as eyeliner and you'd be surprised. as for the gold...perhaps mixing it with other cooler shades? might provide a rose gold look. 
Yep that's what I use the darkest shade for.  It looks amazing as an eyeliner.  Lately I've been using shadow as a liner more than my actual eyeliners.  I like the softer look it gives.

Yep that's what I use the darkest shade for.  It looks amazing as an eyeliner.  Lately I've been using shadow as a liner more than my actual eyeliners.  I like the softer look it gives.
see?! you can totally pan that palette. do eet! 

Lol. I'll try! You'll need to still be on these boards in a few years cause it'll take that long!
LOL! I'll be here forevarrrrrr! I certainly have enough makeup to last me until then. 

Way to go! I have a feeling I may hit pan on another eyeshadow in my Nyx Jazz Nights Palette this week. That would be quite the accomplishment!
I want to see pics when you do! I love pictures of pan.

I am so obsessed with pictures of project pan items lollll! i used to be obsessed with photos of shiny new makeup. now i love photos of empties. it's ridiculous but it inspires me to use what I have.
Yup, I know the feeling. I used to watch haul and makeup collection videos, now I'm all about Empties and project Pan ones! :lol:

And the miracle happened, I'll post my proof in the "pan" thread.

Latest posts

Back