This Is Unbelievable!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazyness! I would never use something that obviously abrasive on my face!

However, I will say that the stuff on a lot of foot scrubbers looks suspiciously like wet/dry sandpaper.

Thats just insane. Some people just lack common sense. IMO, that would be something you'd want to get done in a doc's office, no questions asked. Like the article said, sandpaper is going to be crawling with bacteria. What is the world coming to?

Using sandpaper on your face is the first thing I've heard that is possibly more tragic than the leg buffers to remove hair (which, I thought, was as close as anyone would get to using sandpaper on their skin). I used one of the rotating hair buffers before, and not only did it give me friction burns, it also peeled off some skin (and I was using it gently), so I could never imagine using something rougher in texture than that, especially on your face... ewww

That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. I honestly pity anyone who actually tries that, they must be desperate as hell to get better skin. I dont know, i think i would rather have slightly bad skin, than risking infected sandpaper on my face that could shred it to bits.

i've actually heard of dermatologists using sand paper for exofoliation, but they are trained to use it and use a sterile method, but i would not recommend for at home use..:10:

oh my gosh, i've never heard of anyone doing that. eew. ouch on top of that.

This is the first time I've heard of people using sandpaper as a 'at home micro-dermabrasion' method. I think it would cause more damage than good.

i never heard of anyone using sandpaper on theyre face!

what the hell are some people thinking!?!

Back