• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Total Beauty All Boxes Including New Grab Bags - 2 Fer $30

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they charged me the $20 for the two, and then I got the 8.5% Ebates.  I think I'm gonna get my $9.15/box worth here for sure!

Well, they charged me the $20 for the two, and then I got the 8.5% Ebates.  I think I'm gonna get my $9.15/box worth here for sure!
Yeah you got a deal,I payed $15 for each.(Still a deal.) I would love two of any of those boxes actually.

If that is the bombshell box, I think it was called that for a reason other than bombshell beauty. It's like a cosmetic store blew up and landed in that box. LOL...

I can;'t wait to hear more reports tomorrow. This deal rocks!

Someone contacted customer service and was told the contents of two of the grab bags:

This is what I was told should be in the anti-aging:

Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel – Trade Winds

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Sorbet

Suntegrity – Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen & Primer

Juara Candlenut Body Creme

100% Pure – honey & virgin coconut resorative shampoo

Pur-lisse – Pur-Protect SPF 30

Skiin – Smoothing and Soothing Eye Cream sample

This is what I was told should be in the Essentials:

NYX Color Lip Balm

nelson j Healing Mask Packets

Dove Go Sleeveless Deodorant

Nelson Argan Oil Non-Foaming Shampoo

Bioelements – Pumice Peel

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

Racinne- Ultimate Aqua Blanc Brightening Mask

The Honest Company Lotion

It sounds like my essentials bag was combined with one and my anti-aging was combined with another (either jetsetter or bombshell)

Although, in neither did I receive the Skiin sample - weird!

Regardless, if that is the case I will know tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Somehow I missed your post. Sorry I wasn't ignorng you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yeah they are combining them... Oh well, I knew it was too good. But you know what? I want the pureliss with spf. All I keep getting is the non SPF stuff and one tiny sample of the SPF. I am still VERY pleased with just those two items alone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I missed your post. Sorry I wasn't ignorng you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yeah they are combining them... Oh well, I knew it was too good. But you know what? I want the pureliss with spf. All I keep getting is the non SPF stuff and one tiny sample of the SPF. I am still VERY pleased with just those two items alone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm not complaining - not at all!
With the purlisse ($55) the eyebrow gel ($18) and the nail polish ($12) - I made my money (6 boxes totaling $80) and everything else is FREE!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not complaining - not at all! The purlisse is nearly what I paid for my shipment of 4 boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
When I thought they were possibly switched, I was actually a bit sad. I really wanted that pureliss SPF for my chest and neck. Two big tubes will last me a very long time. That stuff works very well on those areas, but not on the face. Let me forwarn you, your face will look worse after extended use of Pureliss on it. I would not advise, it.

When I thought they were possibly switched, I was actually a bit sad. I really wanted that pureliss SPF for my chest and neck. Two big tubes will last me a very long time. That stuff works very well on those areas, but not on the face. Let me forwarn you, your face will look worse after extended use of Pureliss on it. I would not advise, it.
I have other creams for my face - this will be strictly body cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's so strange - I totally missed that post, too!  But I posted one minute after, so I probably didn't look back after I finished typing.

I don't understand the Pur-lisse.  Would someone please explain to me what would make a little tube of sunscreen worth $50?  And the SPF one is not a moisturizer, too, right?  Just SPF?  (I hope on this item there are options, and you get the SPF and I get the non.)

Someone contacted customer service and was told the contents of two of the grab bags:

NYX Color Lip Balm

It sounds like my essentials bag was combined with one and my anti-aging was combined with another (either jetsetter or bombshell)

Regardless, if that is the case I will know tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Now that's not good.  What if you'd planned on giving an entire box as a gift?  I've done that before - once I got a box for $5 and I bought like 6 of them to give friends.  Not for Christmas or anything - just a "HEY!  I managed to get a beauty box for $5, so I picked you up one, too!!!"  And those ones ended up being lame.  These ones would make a rather nice "so I picked you up one, too!!!"!  =)

That's so strange - I totally missed that post, too!  But I posted one minute after, so I probably didn't look back after I finished typing.

I don't understand the Pur-lisse.  Would someone please explain to me what would make a little tube of sunscreen worth $50?  And the SPF one is not a moisturizer, too, right?  Just SPF?  (I hope on this item there are options, and you get the SPF and I get the non.)
Oh I totally agree... That Pureliss has been distributed in every beauty box since the invention of time and annoys folks at this point. But somehow the SPF stuff kept missing me. I started using the SPF (yes it is a moisturizer also) on my chest and neck because it is such a poor face cream. It seems to work good on chest skin where we don't want to waste expensive face products. But if sample society (same price)decided that the Sept eye cream was such a big value and gave no other decent products, I am certain everyone would be ticked. That is basically what total beauty did. This old woman has not bought revlon products in decades. And the rest are foil packets. This is what I consider a poor anti aging grab bag, considering all the products they had at their disposal. If folks don't like the Pureliss SPF they are screwed.

Oh I totally agree... That Pureliss has been distributed in every beauty box since the invention of time and annoys folks at this point. But somehow the SPF stuff kept missing me. I started using the SPF (yes it is a moisturizer also) on my chest and neck because it is such a poor face cream. It seems to work good on chest skin where we don't want to waste expensive face products. But if sample society (same price)decided that the Sept eye cream was such a big value and gave no other decent products, I am certain everyone would be ticked. That is basically what total beauty did. This old woman has not bought revlon products in decades. And the rest are foil packets. This is what I consider a poor anti aging grab bag, considering all the products they had at their disposal. If folks don't like the Pureliss SPF they are screwed.
To be honest I didn't see the "theme" reflected in any of the boxes - but I found several products that I love or love to try - I am very pleased for the money :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok - got my two boxes, all thrown together in one box.  Not a fan of that.

We already know what's in the anti-age.  Bombshell is -

Neutrogena naturals lip balm - I believe full size

Nelson Argon Oil 7 Styling Conditioner [Volume] - nice 4-oz pump.  This may be full-size

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade (REALLY light pink)

Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow in Sea Mist

Alfaparf Semi Di Line Diamante Cristalli Liquid (nice size hair oil sample)

Cotz Face small sample sunscreen

NYX green roller glitter stuff

Elan Veda Skin Renew sample (skin oil - little shorter than an average perfume sample)

Giving away the 100% Pure shampoo, NYX roll on shimmer, Revlon Sorbet, and Revlon eyeshadow (not my colors).  The rest I'm down with trying.  Wouldn't have been happy at $20 each.  Good at $9.15.  (It's like saying I eat babies to admit I'm not into sunscreen, I guess.  I use BB Cream with it on my face, but that's it.  I'm in MIS, though, so I don't go out in the daylight often.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  )

Ok - got my two boxes, all thrown together in one box. Not a fan of that.

We already know what's in the anti-age. Bombshell is -

Neutrogena naturals lip balm - I believe full size

Nelson Argon Oil 7 Styling Conditioner [Volume] - nice 4-oz pump. This may be full-size

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade (REALLY light pink)

Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow in Sea Mist

Alfaparf Semi Di Line Diamante Cristalli Liquid (nice size hair oil sample)

Cotz Face small sample sunscreen

NYX green roller glitter stuff

Elan Veda Skin Renew sample (skin oil - little shorter than an average perfume sample)

Giving away the 100% Pure shampoo, NYX roll on shimmer, Revlon Sorbet, and Revlon eyeshadow (not my colors). The rest I'm down with trying. Wouldn't have been happy at $20 each. Good at $9.15. (It's like saying I eat babies to admit I'm not into sunscreen, I guess. I use BB Cream with it on my face, but that's it. I'm in MIS, though, so I don't go out in the daylight often. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
That sounds like a very nice box for those that like hair and makup products. Especially at little more than half of what I paid. And I am very happy for you. But for myself, I have no box envy on that one. My daughter would have made out like a banshee though. So I will take my Pureliss SPF and be happy. Try it on your chest, it makes your skin there very soft. Plus a suncreen there is more important than you realize, just yet. Yet! Omg that gets more sun damage than your face. If I had to do it all over again, that would have been protected from the getgo.
I wonder if any boxes got the Germaine eyeshadow that I got in a previous TB box, or if that was all gone. I rarely wear eye makeup due to a rare eye disorder, but that one was a keeper! Absolutely wonderful! It seems to me that the box that came in was one of their few rare ones to sell out.

It would be great if anyone else could post some pictures for the ones we don't have any on.

I got my remaining "box" - was hoping the bombshell contents were the jet setter contents - but kept everything from the bombshell box except the NYX and the Revlon products (not my shades) but they will make nice little gifts so still happy with my purchases :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is what I was told should be in the anti-aging: Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel – Trade Winds Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Sorbet Suntegrity – Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen & Primer Juara Candlenut Body Creme 100% Pure – honey & virgin coconut resorative shampoo Pur-lisse – Pur-Protect SPF 30 Skiin – Smoothing and Soothing Eye Cream sample
Ok then yes, they were combined. I got all of those items in with my All About Hair box. The card inside only mentioned All About Hair  and all the other options (other than the Revlon) were very small so I considered them "extras". Thank you for clarifying for me. 

NYX Color Lip Balm

Regardless, if that is the case I will know tomorrow :)
I purchased these two and this is exactly what I received. I have to say though I don't feel like I got any great bargain. I look at it and think, "I paid $30 for this?" I got a few interesting things but I don't think I'll be buying any more of these.

2014-09-07 21.53.58.jpg

I purchased these two and this is exactly what I received. I have to say though I don't feel like I got any great bargain. I look at it and think, "I paid $30 for this?" I got a few interesting things but I don't think I'll be buying any more of these.
Thanks for sharing the picture. Some boxes are nasty and others are decent. (Unless they put like 4 boxes worth in some...) They should have been a bit better at making up the contents of them. But I have found out that some do vary! A blogger got almost 2 boxes worth of stuff in a single 1 box order!

I do have to share something I found out about Total Beauty. But I need to get to bed, since I have been sorting some problems on my website. I hate dishonest sites. Grrr.....

Some collections on sale as "limited second edition". Any takers?

I wanted to let you know how great Total Beauty's CS is:

I contacted them since one of the items in my bombshell grab bag was not included.

They promptly replied, sand soon I had a package in my mailbox. Not only did it contain my missing item, it also contained a NYX lipgloss, a Your Best Friend Primer d/s, and a ruby crystal sugar scrub d/s - nearly $20 worth of free items!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back