Transgender makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww, Sooner: I know that it can get icky - but a couple of points - (1) if u can't deal with my "bouncy details" what are you looking at this thread? and (2), at least i have my face on here!

All the same, euwww right back at ya. (or huggs, which are nicer)

Hey, why not? Transgender make up is fascinating, and they can achieve such fearlessly bold, stylish results. Its definitely makeup at its most gutsy. Rawr!

I'm with realmccoy on this one. I wish more transgender people would post about their techniques and such, I'd love to learn how they do their stuff.

Thankyou for posting, darling, I'm checking the site out now, and it looks pretty good so far!

Awww thanks, Kemper ... very sweet note!

No sure what I can offer a genetic girl by way of technique - well, that could be another topic since many TG's are straight. Anyway, would love to see your face here.

Hugggs

marie

Most (caucasian) men tend to have more red undertones, so almost all makeup for women will look pasty and chalky on them. They also tend to pick foundation colors that are too light for them as well. There's also a fine line between too much makeup (that looks draggy) and not enough.

What I find works: Mac NW 20/NW 25 (if they're fair)

Prescriptives Red based foundations

Visiora MV 001-005 creme foundations, M1-M5 powders

Gerda Spillman Bronze creme foundation

I've also used the Ben Nye Orange (I think it's called Beard Neutralizer or Blue Neutralizer) before foundation on heavy beardlines.

Airbrush is a godsend. Except when there's stubble, because the airbrush foundation will accentuate any hairs on the skin.

I did one of my friends in drag for Halloween (who is Phillipino), and when we were done, he was one of the most beautiful women that I had ever seen. NO FAIR!!! Three years later, got the surgery and still is one of the most beautiful women that I've seen. Asians have an easier time looking like women.

I see a lot of TGs here (I live in West Hollywood) and would love to give them makeup tips, but I'm afraid of offending them..."Hey, I'm a makeup artist....uh...er...what you're doing is great, but...uh, here's my card."

I always pout over these types of threads because I don't know any TG guys and they were probably hunted down like all the other living things in wisconsin. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyways this is fascinating and lol Marie_Duval, I visit the Philippines once or twice a year, know what you mean with the beautiful TGs! I was seriously lusting after one in a checkout line in front of me. Sigh cuz she probably wasn't interested in me ahah. I also met a TG model who I seriously would not have guessed was a man in passing. I loove it.

BTW I'm lmao at the way you responded to "soonerorlater"

Oh, I know, me too! It just about kills me, the absolute lack of any, striking, transgender, homosexual, or even mildly interesting people there are the silly 'upper class' suburb I'm currently staying in! I find myself CRAVING quirkiness at times. Its no wonder I'm so damn attracted to everything outrageous. It really seems like all the living things have been stamped out. Luckily I'm moving in a couple of months, bwahahahaha!

i met in the street a TG, better skills in e/s application. so unfair ! :rotfl:

seriously, i love TG, i found some cool tips on a TG french forum. there's not so many around here, people always have bad comments for those who stand out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I've seen Jeffree Star two times in my neighborhood, and I love the makeup because it is so over the top. She used to be a makeup artist:

JEFFREE STAR: QUEEN OF THE INTERNET

It's funny-when I'm in Asia, people always think I'm a TG because I'm a tall, buff Asian girl (I can be 5'11" with heels on) -my mother is always mortified. I take it as a compliment, because TGs can be the most glamourous people around :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hi kittie - thanks for the suggestions!

So, with your ..."Hey, I'm a makeup artist....uh...er...what you're doing is great, but...uh, here's my card." ...

Here's my flickr site ... Flickr: Photos from marie duval

I'd love to get your unsolicited advice (except, i guess, i just solicited it).

Huggs

Marie

Marie-

Wow! At some angles, you remind me of Faye Dunaway. You're doing a beautiful job-it's kind of hard to tell because either you have different lighting or exposure on your camera, but your foundation color seems pretty close to your cleavage skin color. I love the pinky/rose lip colors on you! Definitely use sunscreen everyday on your neck and decolletage.

A few suggestions:

Warm up your foundation a wee bit with a bit of powder bronzer (the lightest color that is more peached based) at temples, under cheekbone (over your contour), across bridge of nose, and on chin.

I'd love to see a pop more blush on you on the apples of the cheeks-a soft pink would be pretty (with a satin finish-not matte), regardless of what color lips you wear.

And a darker liner smudged into your lash line (and waterline) at the outer corners, with a darker mascara (on top lash line only). A little more of that (not shadow) will balance out the lower half of the face. This will help do what your glasses do for your eyes-the top frame of your glasses "lines" the eyes.

This is just a extra-if you have time and if your skin is up to it-the softest, small particle shimmer highlighter on top of your cheekbones around the eye, and on the inner corner of the eye to give you a "glow". It's not something I'd do all the time, just on special occasions.

Also-you don't have too many full face on photos-just 3/4, but maybe (it's hard to tell from the angle), have your eyebrows start a little closer to the inner corner over your eye-it looks like it's extended a bit over the inner corner. Theoretically the eyebrow should start where the inner corner of the eye starts. But I love the color you use and the shape and arch is perfect.

Looking at your photos again, I really do like the pinks on you-that pink and purple v necked top looks terrific on you.

Cheers!

Marie Duval you are beautiful! I also see Faye Dunaway, and in your glasses I get a distinct impression of Lorraine Bracco.

I have a little shop in Bigfork, MT - about as rural and out of the way as a body can get. But close to Glacier National Park, and so we get visitors from all over. We've had a couple of lovely TG folks through, and they've enjoyed playing with my cosmetics lines and just chatting. Suits this San Fran born and bred girl just fine! Like many in non-urabn areas, I miss the variety and diversity of people immensely.

Cool! I went to my first bar a few months ago, which happened to be a gay bar, and it was drag night!! I had so much fun, there were so many colourful characters, LOL. The makeup amazes me sometimes.

Wow, back at ya, Kittie (or Pkittie?) for taking the time to help me out! I've looked up your credentials on line and I'm really honored that you were able to focus on me.

You've given me a great list to work with and I'll report back - hopefully visually - with the results, One old saying about drag is that its not a warm weather sport - so when the steam moderates a bit back east I'll be working on my blush, brows, & bronzer. (Another old saying is that drag is not for sissies ... but then ... )

I don't know what you're referring to as the "waterline." I'm willing to follow your advice - just need to understand.

Mostly, I'm blown away by your kind words about where I am so far - I was really bracing for the remedial summer school session! (Hmmm ... they did call those make-up classes, I think.)

Faye Dunaway ... I wish!! You are a sweetheart ... thank you!

Marie

Marie-

I've never heard of the term, "waterline" until I got to this forum-even in my classes, we never used that term.

It's the area of the lid right under the top lash line. Darkening that area marries your lashes together and makes them look fuller without looking like you have a lot of makeup on. I like to use either Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner or (much easier) Urban Decay's 24/7 liner. The gel products are not tested to go in the eye area, but it has lasting stay power. The Urban Decay liner has become my new favorite liner because it's extremely soft, but has lasting power as well.

As far as hot weather, we have talent in makeup for hours under hot lights, so this is what I do-

I always use Loreal's Voluminous in the waterproof formula (regardless if it's hot).

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer with dry shadow -or-

Apply eyeshadows wet with La Femme's Cake Eyeliner Sealer (bit tricky to blend and doesn't work well with matte shadows) -or-

Use Mac cream Paint, Bobbi Brown cream shadows or Bourjois cream shadows-these can be tricky too, because once they dry, you can't move them. Bourjois has a very limited range of colors that are all super shimmery, but it's waterproof. Sometimes I use one of these cream shadows as a base to apply powder shadow over it.

Use a cream blush, apply foundation, then brush a powder blush over. THEN set whole face with face powder with a puff (more than what you would normally use, push the puff into the foundation), dust off the excess with a brush, then spray Evian to absorb the powder. For extra staying power, we sometimes use Reel Creations Blue Aqua Sealer (which waterproofs the makeup).

I have seen a lot of positive reviews for Estee Lauder's Double Wear for it's durability and non-transfer abilities. You might want to check that out too.

Geez, I love makeup!

Cheers!

Back