Transgender makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish we could get this going again. Particularly interested in finding a foundation that doesn't look like industrial-strength epoxy!

photostream

This is an interesting thread. I have seen this site before and they look interesting, but i would probably not be inclined to purchase anything since i have found other readily available products, that I like and use for my CDing. I have seen a couple of places that try to imply that CDs and other Transgenders have completely unique makeup requirements, but I am not so sure of this. I did agree with the point about skin tones probably being a little darker than for a genetic girl (GG).

There were a few interesting points raised:

1. The point about the eyebrows was good. For someone who is trying to pass all the time they can do whatever they wish with their brows. For CDs it is especially problematic if you wish to maintain a fairly normal male looking face. That can be a fairly complex topic striking that perfect balance and could almost be a complete thread on its own. I have to admit i have screwed this up badly in the past where i have ended up with brows that are incredibly thing for a guy. Eyebrows for guys (or maybe just me) seem to grow at such an incredible rate so to avoid them getting totally unruly I need to do something every few days.
  2. Beard Shadow Covers.- This is clearly a lot more of an issue for some guys than others. and the term cover is maybe a misnomer since it is not really the beard follicles that must be covered as much as the bluish cast the skin has that makes it darker. Obviously a close shave is important and sometimes you need to do this more than once and some people even shower in between or moisturize in between shaves.
    the two products i have seen primarily used if you need extra cover is
    • Colortration
    • Dermablend
    there are probably others as well. To offset my color shadow i have been using a very light pink lipstick, blended well and applied after moisturizing but before concealer and foundation. I have heard that some of the products i just mentioned can be quite cakey so i have been trying to avoid using them.

Darla, you could use a salmon - pinkish concealer instead of lipstick - i think it'd get less cakey;

thanks Lia i might go try that. It's just one of those habits you fall into. :11a:

Before I was having my face Lasered I used Colortration, it worked well when I had a dark shadow, however it is fairly thick and heavy. These days I just use regular Revlon foundation.

Can someone please tell me the difference between transgender makeup and any other makeup?

Originally Posted by LoriTG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone please tell me the difference between transgender makeup and any other makeup?
As mentioned above, some folks feel that coloration is different, and usually there will be more focus on contouring for illusion's sake. Also, depending on one's hirsuteness, there can be a need for additional coverage with foundation.

Quote: I'm one TG that needs a lot of help. I am just starting out. New job and all! Originally Posted by Marie Duval /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not at all sure we look better - unless the light is dim. ;-)

So all the TG's are hoping for real girls to help them, and the real girls want some TG help. Sounds like a good start ... :love5:

Quote: Originally Posted by LoriTG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think is only refers to heavy cover for shadow.  I use whatever I find that I like...lol 

Back