Treatsie?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last night as well, but fortunately mine arrived in good shape.  The cold pack wasn't cold at all anymore, but nothing had started to melt.  It may help that I have a white mailbox that doesn't turn into an oven in the afternoon sun!

I tried the pecan toffee too, and I agree that it probably won't last much longer!  Very good!

I also tried the fig & ricotta caramel, and that was my favorite.  Such an unusual, but perfect flavor combination.  I've already stalked the Liddabit Sweets website in contemplation of ordering more!

Mine arrived in perfect condition today, just a little soft. But the lollipop is missing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I emailed Treatsie, hopefully they can get it sorted out.. i was reeeally looking forward to trying it.

edit: whoa, that was fast. the co-founder emailed me like.. 30 minutes after i sent a message via the contact form. ive been really impressed by their response times so far.

also, DAMN that pecan toffee is good.

Boo. Mine still hasnt arrived yet. They said they were trying a new shipping method this month - if yours was melted, contact them @ http://www.treatsie.com/contact/ and they'll make it right. I wish they had tracking numbers with the packages - i told my boyfriend to keep an eye out for it, but knowing him it'll sit on the porch for hours before he notices, lol.
I did send a email and he got back with me asap and asked if he could call me today and talk to me about it to try to see if the information that I can give him about what kind of shape it was in so maybe it won't happen again. I have been waiting for his call but nothing so far...

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you all feel about the July box? I was a bit underwhelmed by all the taffy.
I loved the nougat, taffy didn't wow me, but with the heat it's hard to send stuff.  

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the nougat, taffy didn't wow me, but with the heat it's hard to send stuff.  
I haven't had the nougat yet. I'm trying to save them for my BF...he loves it. I'm allergic to watermelon so that's out. I understand the difficulty the heat adds but it was too taffy heavy for me. Can't wait for summer to be over. I'm interested to see what they have in store for us.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you all feel about the July box? I was a bit underwhelmed by all the taffy.
I was underwhelmed by the whole box, as I thought the flavors were too subtle. I liked the consistency of the taffy, just wish it had more flavor. Same for the hard candy.

I wasn't thrilled with the last two boxes. I like taffy and hard candy, but it wasn't worth $15.00 to me. I'm going to wait and see though, since I really think this box has promise.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup!

There is a company I buy candy from and usually I pay by phone  and speaking to them they were telling me that they only ship out items when the weather is a bit cooler and so my packages take longer if I order now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now where I live in Canada it has been almost 40 degree C during the day....like a oven everywhere...

I think I'm probably going to put treatsie on pause until the october or so, when they can safely send chocolate again  - I ended up giving most of my box to my boyfriend this month. I'm not a big fan of hard candies or taffy. I'm also admittedly kind of questioning the value of the box.. orange glad is only 5 bucks more and made my treatsie box this month look pea sized, plus they seem to have their shipping in order well enough that chocolate stuff arrives in good condition even during a july heat wave.

I wish I had signed up for this starting with the first month. I've gotten two boxes so far, and will NEVER unsubscribe if I can help it! This is really one of my very favorite subs now, and the box is small enough to hide easily, so I don't have to share. I love also that there was nothing that could melt this month (except in my mouth). Mmmmmm....

Is anyone still subscribing to Treatsie?  I got my box this month, and again another dud for me.   More hard candy and caramels, and a small chocolate bar. 

I had to cancel, I haven't really liked much in the past 4 months.  I'm sad because this box really could have been great, but it's been so lame!  Anyone else?  

Is anyone still subscribing to Treatsie?  I got my box this month, and again another dud for me.   More hard candy and caramels, and a small chocolate bar.  I had to cancel, I haven't really liked much in the past 4 months.  I'm sad because this box really could have been great, but it's been so lame!  Anyone else?  
I posted in another thread about the August box. It was my first. I love it. So surprised by the watermelon caramels. They are delish! 😠Sorry you don't like yours. For me, the mix of candies is perfect.

Heck, I still haven't even received my box. This was my first month and needless to say I am not very happy.

My chocolate bar for the August box arrived completely melted and the caramels soft, I just put the box in the fridge for 20 min and it was perfect. The expresso toffee chocolate bar was so good it made me forget that it arrived melted. I also subscribe to Orange Glad and love it, but Treatsie,s samples are enough that I get to try new brands without gaining weight!

Well, I emailed them today after my mail ran (at 2:30 pacific time) so I didn't expect a response until Monday but I got one today, they're sending me out a new box Monday since they said it won't be in ideal condition if it comes at all. So, I'm glad they're doing that. I'll keep them for a couple more months to see how I like them. 

I got my replacement box this morning. The ice pack was still pretty cold. I love that they're responding quickly to this issue. I'll be sticking with them!!!

I also received my replacement box this morning. I seem to have gotten extra lollipops in my box. I will be sticking with them for a couple months at least. This box didn't excite me like the orange glad box did but I liked it. I just need a little more time to see if the boxes improve with the cooler weather.

what's up treatsie?!  has anyone seen this months box contents?   this was my first month and i was really looking forward to the candy they send out, but they have included three packs of cookies made from one company.  i cancelled immediately, once i found out about my first box since treatsie advertises itself to be a candy sub.  i then received an email requesting to give my imput on why i cancelled and when i responded to them saying i was completely disappointed in receiving cookies and that i felt mislead, they said they were sorry i was disappointed, but that they try to say "confections" as much as they can on their website.    they are outright lying...when i clicked on their link to what they are about, the first paragraph CLEARLY states:

Discover Amazing Artisan Candy Treatsie helps you find amazing, high-end artisan candy you’d normally never find unless you stumbled across the shop. Try our monthly subscription sample box of multiple and ever-changing vendors or order boxes from our store to get candy right away!
and then two paragraphs below it says:
Buy More When You Fall in Love When you fall in love one of the Treatsie sample candies (or all of them!), you can easily buy more right from our site. Or, to ensure you never forget that candy, pin it to your favorite Pinterest board (we recommend creating a “Treatsie†board) and buy more later for yourself or as a special gift for friends or family.

what a shady company.  

Back