Urban Decay Naked 2 (OFFICIAL)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely true! I ordered mine within minutes of receiving the email from Urban Decay announcing its release.  Sure enough, just like the first one, their first shipment has already sold out! (Hence the reason I had to order mine right away.) I'm so excited waiting for it to get here.  It's supposed to be here today, but the later it gets, the more nervous I get. haha- true beauty addict here.  I can't wait to swatch and review the palette in my blog.  I love neutrals so I really want to compare it to the first Naked palette and also see what looks I can do using both palettes together. 
biggrin.gif

My tracking still shows it up in Spokane, WA yet it, along with my Cult Nails polish, was waiting for me when I came home! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> UNFORTUNATELY one of my two cases packaging (the clear package the actual case comes in) was slightly damaged. No biggie since it the shadows and the mirror are fine. Shocked at how TINY the lip gloss is though.

Mine too. All 4. I emailed Urban Decay and expect a response. Packaging was cracked and slightly smushed. I paid too much for them to send it to me like that.

Weird. I wonder how many others found their protective case covers cracked or broken due to the rush in sending it out..

Mine came in perfect condition Even though it is not the actual product being smushed, I still would not be happy because what if I bought it to give it away? I'm OCD about the outside packaging on products.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My tracking still shows it up in Spokane, WA yet it, along with my Cult Nails polish, was waiting for me when I came home! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> UNFORTUNATELY one of my two cases packaging (the clear package the actual case comes in) was slightly damaged. No biggie since it the shadows and the mirror are fine. Shocked at how TINY the lip gloss is though.

My package came in perfect condition, none of the plastic was smushed. Only complaint I had about it was at the the top part above where it says Naked2 there are two smudges that are very tiny but there nonetheless. Meh, I'm likely to do more damage to it in my own collection lol.

Originally Posted by Dinitchka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine came in perfect condition Even though it is not the actual product being smushed, I still would not be happy because what if I bought it to give it away? I'm OCD about the outside packaging on products.

LOL So am I! I agree. What if I wanted to give it as a gift. That broken, and sharp, piece of plastic would ruin the ability to wrap it as a gift. Least the actual product is not damaged.

Wow, it came back in stock today and sold out faster than last time. I would bet money fewer were released, and no more until after Christmas.

I decided to give your method a try and I bought 2 last week when they were still in stock.  I put one on Ebay hoping it will sell for enough to allow me to keep one for myself.  The bidding stalled a couple of days ago at $66 but maybe now that it sold out again so fast the bidding will pick up.  I'm really hoping to get about $75 for it so that will make the cost of the one I want to keep around $25 which is an amount I can live with.  I figured if the bidding didn't go high enough I can always sell the second one or send it back to UD.  I just can't afford to keep a $50 eyeshadow palette at full price.  It may seem greedy to some, but for me it's really the only way I can give such an extravagant gift to myself.  I figured the worst case scenario is that I get all my money back if I have to send them both back to UD and I will have lost nothing and best case scenario is I get to keep one at a greatly discounted price.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now it is officially out of stock.

I did that too.  I am a college student studying social work and really cannot afford to spend 50 on a palette, so I bought two and the one I put on ebay just sold for $71, so not bad, definitely not as much as some were going for though.  I started mine at $50, so the price I paid, not like some people who are starting theirs at $70 or 80 or more.  I dont think its greedy to want something, and find a way to make it feel a little less expensive, what I think is greedy is people buying 5 or 10 or 20 or more, with the sole purpose of making a profit.  

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to give your method a try and I bought 2 last week when they were still in stock.  I put one on Ebay hoping it will sell for enough to allow me to keep one for myself.  The bidding stalled a couple of days ago at $66 but maybe now that it sold out again so fast the bidding will pick up.  I'm really hoping to get about $75 for it so that will make the cost of the one I want to keep around $25 which is an amount I can live with.  I figured if the bidding didn't go high enough I can always sell the second one or send it back to UD.  I just can't afford to keep a $50 eyeshadow palette at full price.  It may seem greedy to some, but for me it's really the only way I can give such an extravagant gift to myself.  I figured the worst case scenario is that I get all my money back if I have to send them both back to UD and I will have lost nothing and best case scenario is I get to keep one at a greatly discounted price.

Don't feel bad, and don't let others make you feel bad about eBaying. I don't make a living doing it, but selling the occasional hot item to help afford things does not make anyone evil. It helps me to afford blog giveaways too. I don't get sent freebies from PR or have big companies sponsor them for me.

Thanks so much for the support!  It occured to me as well that the only way someone outside the US is going to be able to get one is thru Ebay or Amazon.  Right now my high bidder is in Norway.

Latest posts

Back