Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in!  Was gone for almost 2 weeks over the holidays but I still worked out!  Ate lots of delicious food and came back 4 lbs heavier but I am ok with that.  I know when my food gets under control those lbs will be gone in no time!

December Stats

1. Lost 3.6 lbs Total lbs lost 19 (Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec) 

2. Lost 3 inches Total inches lost 27 ( Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec)

3. Worked out 23/23 times!

Goals for December

1.  Add weights-failed.  I did no weights the whole month  of November, but December is my month! Did not meet this goal :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. Work out while home for the holidays!  My health and goals are important and I am going to be getting my grub on and will need it! Nailed it!  Worked out all but 2 days of my 9 day trip (one was Christmas day and the gym was closed!  It was "warm" enough to run outside (like 50) but I had worked out a lot of days in a row so I talked myself down.

3.  Be more conscious of food intake: content/amount etc-In progress always! This did not happen while on my trip.  I ate donuts, butter burgers and steak.  All the delicious foods I do not get where I live.  I am really suprised I only gained 4 lbs, I thought it would be worse lol

4.  Fit in tall boots!  I cheated.  I bought wide calf boots that have buckles giving them extra room.  I still long to have skinny calves that have lots of room in tall boots but I don't think I am built that way! Goal Achieved!  I fit in my tall boots before Christmas.  With jeans on.  When I bought them I could not get my bare leg in, and I do not need the extra room in the buckle!  Woo!

Goals for January:

1. Get my eating healthy back.  Vacation is over and it's time to get back to it.

2.  Add weights.  Need to start lifting to take it to the next level and meet my goals.

3. Vary my routine.  I joined a new gym and am looking forward to all the classes they offer and trying them all!

How did you all do?  Welcome to all those just beginning your journey and congrats to all those making progress on theirs!

I managed more loss over the break, bitbut I was so busy with guests and stuff I didn't get a lot of gainz :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but it's OK, I have plans to fill in my schedule during this semester with adding weights and stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> we'll see how that pans out.☺ I fell ill for a few days and started feeling a bit better today...let's hope I keep getting better.

Welcome back to those who took a break from this thread and welcome to any newbies

slinka, are you doing anything specific for blogilates? I'm going to start -something- tonight and thought it would be nice to do a routine others are doing also.

I love blogilates!

So far, so good. I stuck to my meal plan all last week with the exception of 1) Tuesday - was out traveling for work all day & hardly ate anything and 2) Friday - ordered pizza for dinner. 

Have done aaaaaaaaaall the blogilates calender workouts + ab challenge and they kick my butt, but it feels SO GOOD when you're done.

I haven't weighed myself yet because I don't have a scale & I don't want to drive all the way to the office just for that, but I can tell I've definitely lost inches! Pants are not as snug. YAY :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello all...last time I posted I was in the process of moving and finding out I was pregnant. Well, I'm about to be in the process of another move but I'll be 5 weeks postpartum Monday. As soon as we've moved to the new state (military LOVES moving us all over) and have had my postpartum checkup and am cleared to resume exercise I'll be working on shedding the last few lbs of baby weight and a few pounds I'd wanted to lose before I got pregnant.

I was 140 pre-pregnancy, gained 27 lbs, and I'm stalled out at 147 right now. If I can't get below the 140 I don't really mind. I'd love to tone my abs back up, however. So if anyone has great post baby workouts for toning and shedding pounds feel free to let me know!

Hello all...last time I posted I was in the process of moving and finding out I was pregnant. Well, I'm about to be in the process of another move but I'll be 5 weeks postpartum Monday. As soon as we've moved to the new state (military LOVES moving us all over) and have had my postpartum checkup and am cleared to resume exercise I'll be working on shedding the last few lbs of baby weight and a few pounds I'd wanted to lose before I got pregnant.

I was 140 pre-pregnancy, gained 27 lbs, and I'm stalled out at 147 right now. If I can't get below the 140 I don't really mind. I'd love to tone my abs back up, however. So if anyone has great post baby workouts for toning and shedding pounds feel free to let me know!
If you find any good postpartum workouts I would love to try them!  I am 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and also waiting to get cleared for exercise.  Right now I am trying to increase my walking by going somewhere every day.  

If you find any good postpartum workouts I would love to try them! I am 3 1/2 weeks postpartum and also waiting to get cleared for exercise. Right now I am trying to increase my walking by going somewhere every day.
I've been increasing my walking as well. Since we're military and scheduled to move the day I hit 6 weeks pp I'm stuck waiting til we arrive at our new duty station to get my checkup. Can't do that until we have an address to update Tricare with and we won't rent a place without first walking through it, assessing it, and assessing the neighborhood. So did you have your baby in December or January? My sweet girl was born the 15th of December.

Our little girl came on December 23rd.  I can't imagine moving right now!  Do people on base generally help with moving?  

Our little girl came on December 23rd. I can't imagine moving right now! Do people on base generally help with moving?
Aww what a great Christmas present! Yeah, moving will suck. And well, we don't live on post. They give us extra money if we live off post. Plus base housing sucks. I can't stand duplexes or multiplexes and that's what they have the most of here. Too much like apartments. Thankfully the military pays for a moving company once for each new move.

Ugh you guys I ate like 2 pumpkin bagels with cookie butter yesterday.didn't go over calories but I feel so bloated. Someone shame me lol.

How's everyone's exercising going??

Ugh you guys I ate like 2 pumpkin bagels with cookie butter yesterday.didn't go over calories but I feel so bloated. Someone shame me lol.

How's everyone's exercising going??
I was going to shame you, as per request, but now I just want a pumpkin bagel, lol.   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went on a 30 minute walk today which is the longest I've done since baby.  Only 7 more days until I am cleared for more exercise!  

I was going to shame you, as per request, but now I just want a pumpkin bagel, lol.   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went on a 30 minute walk today which is the longest I've done since baby.  Only 7 more days until I am cleared for more exercise!  
Yeah, my reaction was less one of shame and more like yummo  :blush:

Yay walks!!

I had my physical today and my weight from when I was at the Dr last year (1/25/14) to today 1/21/15 was a difference of 21.21 lbs!  In other yay health related news my cholesterol went down 32 points!  My Dr said my working out and eating is what made the change and to keep up the good work!  

Looking for some motivation.  I got a new Fitbit in my Popsugar Musthave Fitness box & need to get my butt in gear.......any other Fitbitters out there?

Looking for some motivation.  I got a new Fitbit in my Popsugar Musthave Fitness box & need to get my butt in gear.......any other Fitbitters out there?
I'm really sorry to be jumping in but I saw this thread on the main page and had to look, and it looks like such great motivation. I have a fitbit and LOVE it! It is the best thing ever! I have the flex and it is currently broken and I feel lost without it. It is really great at motivating me to move and I get my 10,000+ steps almost every day now!

Back