What has made the most dramatic difference in your skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exfolikate from Kate Somerville

Arcona Night Breeze

Arcona Gentle Solution

These three products changed my life...

I have found that exfoliation has made a huge difference. I've used st Ives for years in the shower and now I've discovered they have a grapefruit formula that smell delicious and is finer and much more gentle than the original. I also go the dr Brandt microdermabrasion in an ipsy bag and stockpiled them in trades. Amazing stuff.

Finding a sunscreen that feels good on my face so I don't mind wearing it every day, Vit E/retinol, BHA exfoliant, light/gentle moisturizer.

Learning to figure out what's causing problems when something goes wrong. Right now I've started breaking out like crazy for the first time in months, so I think it's either my rosehip oil (please no!), my tinted moisturizer, or eating too much wheat. I'm going to eliminate one at a time and see what improves the situation.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize how important skin maintenance was until I was beginning to show some aging signs. I got a Photo Facial at the doctors office and i think that made the biggest difference or impact on my skin.

He also recommended I use Activ Sunscreen for daily use and I think that has helped maintain my skin to some extent.

Increase Vitamin C in your diet. Do wash, tone and moisturize regularly. Drink plenty of water and start your day with a cup of green tea. Get enough sleep of 7-8 hours.

@@Beautiful girls Hi, I am new here also. I would be really interested to learn what your current skin care routine is, as from your descriptions it sounds as though we have really similar skin (sensitive, combo, not acne prone but blackheads, freckles). I have recently made the switch to the Paula's Choice Hydralight line, with good results so far, but I worry about my skin's tolerance ability to use PC products over the long term, as generally products with fragrance, alcohol, or very long ingredient lists (which this last one PC has) generally cause a lot of extra redness on my cheek area and I gradually become intolerant of them

I would also add that numerous times I have been advised to use Cetaphil and I have used it prior to my PC switch, but I find that Cetaphil has a good, gentle cleanser, but I find their products a little too basic and as my skin is starting to age and my skin is quite fine, I don't find that Cetaphil has the ingredients to plump up the skin and improve tone and texture. It is still a very good cleanser that does not increase redness though.

It would be keeping my skin oxygen rich with squalene supplements. Other people do not like supplements yet we all should be aware of our intakes. As a matter of fact, we don't receive anymore the right nutrients in our food due to preservatives even from mere cooking. I read that from http://tgp.com.ph/blog/9-reasons-its-food-supplements/. Food supplements make up for this nutrient loss. That's when I started taking supplements and it really works cause not only was my skin glowing and supple, I also noticed that I don't get easily sick.  

The biggest difference has been just keeping a consistent skin care routine. I now wash, tone, and moisturize my face every day and night and it's really helping. 
Totally agreed. Plus sunscreen. OMG sunscreen. I have easy-burn redhead skin and I live in Florida. Sunscreen is not only not optional, I keep whatever sunscreen samples I get from sub boxes in my car's console for reapplication during the day.

PaulasChoice. For me in my mid 30s and my mom mid 50s, hands down the best line either of us have tried.
I love PC, especially since their richer anti-aging moisturizer is gentle enough for my eyes! Their C Booster and Resist Serum are wonderful. My hereditary dark circles are about half what they used to be. 

Korean skincare products! After trying out a few products from my Memeboxes, I'm hooked! I noticed that my skin is less red and more hydrated. :wub:   

• Here is my list:

Use sun protection every day, all year long.
Never get a sunburn.
Do not smoke.
Get enough sleep.
Do not use products that cause irritation.
Use products loaded with antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients.
Wash face until its totally makeup free but not stripped.
Use products appropriate for your skin type; for example, creams for dry skin, lotions for normal skin, etc...
I also like to rotate my products and tailor what I need to that moment...I sometimes use a different serum on my forehead (drier) and the rest of my face...(I might use a vitamin C one on the balance.)

opps...double post lol

Last edited by a moderator:
...hmmmm...this is what I try to do:   

• Use sun protection every day, all year long.
  • Never get a sunburn.
  • Do not smoke
  • Stay well hydrated
  • Get enough sleep.
  • Do not use products that cause irritation.
  • Use products loaded with antioxidants,  and skin-repairing ingredients.
  • Use products appropriate for your skin type; for example, creams for dry skin, & lotions for normal skin
  • When I get home - wash everything of my face and then spoil it a little with whatever it seems to need.
In addition to this I change up my routine slightly to whatever my skin needs on a spot basis - for example my forehead is drier so I may use a different serum in that area and  maybe the rest of skin needs a little brightening so I may use that kind of serum on the rest of my face before I continue with moisturizer.   I also pay attention to the changes in weather...when the air seems to dry out as humidity drops I switch products before my skin complains.  I had a facial recently and was told my skin was in good shape for someone in my late 20's (ummmm I will take that since I'm actually well into my 40s).

I use a variety of products but things like cetaphil, paulas choice and juice beauty are in my daily routine! 

I'll like to update this thread.... I read an article that high dose of vitamin c can causes cancer.... so please take care and better if you consult with your dermatologist.... 

Back