What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How small is too small for a stick eye liner? 

Like at what point should I stop sharpening my UD 24/7 Stick Eyeliner in Zero and just toss it?
I think the best answer is probably "when it gets short enough that it's becoming hard to use," but I tend to sharpen pencils all the way down to the nubbin, especially for expensive/discontinued/hard to replace items. It kind of entertains me, to be honest. Someone also turned me on to pencil extenders here, like "The Miser" if you're feeling frugal. If it's something you have a dupe for or can repurchase, it's probably not worth the hassle unless it's for entertainment value.

22850-1001-3ww-l.jpg

Since that link is not the brush that was in BB last month, I'm assuming you didn't include a link and it's actually just an ad. Anyone know how to block these?
I think those Ads ("added by SkimWords") are throughout MUT. I see them everywhere including posts made by moderators. They don't seem to impact my view. Only if I click on them.

I gave my sister the Lollia At Last pefumed shower gel that came in a PopSugar box last year. I've been using it sporadically. I have other soaps and body washes that I want to use and never reach for this. My sister has been using hers and loves it. Might as well give this one to her instead of taking up space.

I think those Ads ("added by SkimWords") are throughout MUT. I see them everywhere including posts made by moderators. They don't seem to impact my view. Only if I click on them.
They interfere with whatever users are trying to say, even if there isn't a popup. What appears to be a relevant link posted by a user is just as likely to be a random ad that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, and there isn't really a way to tell the difference.

**I never noticed the "added by Skimwords" hover text before, thanks. I search for how to block Skimwords, and solved that problem so I don't have to wonder which links are ads now. I DO have to wonder if people see links in my posts that shouldn't be there, and I'm uncomfortable with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditching Urban Decay Full size 24/7 Perversion eye liner.  This is way too dark and harsh for me.  I think it came with a palette.  I tried it many times and was never happy with the result.  So, why hang on to it. 

Ditching Urban Decay Full size 24/7 Perversion eye liner.  This is way too dark and harsh for me.  I think it came with a palette.  I tried it many times and was never happy with the result.  So, why hang on to it.
I am an UD 24/7 liner addict and I gave this one to my daughter. I kept trying to like it but it was too harsh for me personally. I love my zero liner and all 15 other colors I have from them.

I am an UD 24/7 liner addict and I gave this one to my daughter. I kept trying to like it but it was too harsh for me personally. I love my zero liner and all 15 other colors I have from them
I have 2 other UD's that I really like. This one looked like I applied a Sharpie. It was too soft too. Glad its not just me! Less guilt for ditching it.

How small is too small for a stick eye liner? 

Like at what point should I stop sharpening my UD 24/7 Stick Eyeliner in Zero and just toss it?
If you put the cap on the end of it, that sometimes makes it long enough to keep using for a while. But yeah, otherwise I'd toss when it's awkward to hold on to. I'd worry about it slipping out of my fingers and jabbing me in the eye.

Another item bites the dust:

Hemp Hand Protector by the Body Shop. This came as a GWP in a Body Shop order. I don't really like anything about it. The tube is crinkly, the smell is so-so. But, the problem is my hands stay greasy when I use a decent amount. My keyboard was getting all greasy so, I had to wash it off my hands.  It took some effort.

I just trashed the old lady stink of Perlier White Almond Butter. I just got this in my January BB. I used it a few times and just can't stand the smell on application.  If I am going to take the time to moisturize with a lotion I want to be rewarded with a scent that is nice. Plus this stuff feels like it will make me an old lady. Drying.

This got me to cancel BB.  

Finally used up Maybelline define-a-brow eyebrow pencil, all the way to a tiny little nub. I actually really liked this pencil but I have way to many other brow pencil to use first but this is my first empty of 2015! Looking forward for more to hit the bin lol

I'm tossing 3 Dr. Dennis Gross foils. They are the alpha beta peel original formula step 1 and step 2.Th third foil is the alpa beta daily glow moisture. I can't remember what sub they came in, but did spend time trying to figure out if they are safe for rosacea. I checked again tonight and it is hard to find the ingredients. Everything else that I read lumps acne with rosacea and they are different and respond differently to ingredients. So out it goes.Too much time spent on 1 time foils.

Here are some things I tried today.  Moving on.

Estee Lauder Pure color Eye Shadow Palette.   I got this with a generous GWP.  The color payoff isn't there.  It takes many applications resulting in lots of fall out.  The colors are close to giving me the black eye look.  I can't wear shadows that compliment my undereye circles and over all blueness.

Cynthia Rowley Lipstain in Heart throb.  This just feels cheap to me. I got this from BB which just hasn't given me the products I want to keep using.   I have so many lip products that feel great on.  This doesn't and it emphasizes everything wrong about my lips.  Not to mention the color was not good for me.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.   I am sure this a great eyeliner if you like black liquid eyeliner.  I don't love black eyeliner and don't like liquid.   Its just too harsh on me. 

Ok I am super motivated to use stuff up. I am currently working on a Liter of AG conditioner and almost there. Also working on a B&BW lotion, I rarely finish those but I am about one use away from finishing this one up. Exciting stuff here hahahaha!

Here are my empties from last week:

Bath and Body Works - 3 wick candle in Cinnamon Caramel Swirl. Amazing!!! I have been really impressed with BBW fall and winter scents lately. Currently working on Banana nutmeg bread. 

Epicuren Tropical Lave 8.4 fl oz. Full size - I got this from a Popsugar special edition box. I think this brand is hard to find. I liked the smell a lot. Very tropical. I used it during the summer and into the winter to keep me feeling like I was still on a summer getaway. It is a great body wash but from what I have researched, I don't think I would pay retail for it. Would repurchase on sale or in a gift set. 

Sebastian Volupt Shampoo 50 ml - I used the conditioner version of this and enjoyed it but did not feel there was anything that absolutely wow'd me. I feel the same about the shampoo. Smell was good. Not sure about price point vs other comparable brands. 

Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 15 ml - I love this moisturizer. The scent is divine and it is very moisturizing and works well with my make up regimen. Bonus is the high SPF content. I will repurchase once I use up some of my other moisturizers. 

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling cream 10 ml packet- I love this stuff and have a few other packets to use. My sister told me it was invented by some Harvard students. Not sure if that is true but this hair cream works well for me. I think the next best one is Hair Caviar for me. 

Xen Tan Face Tanner Luxe 15 ml - I love face self-tanners in the winter. They keep my winter vacation glow going and are much better than sun damage of course. I love Xen Tan! I works well for medium to tan complexions. No orange streaks and no major scent. Will repurchase. 

St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion Face Self Tan - 5 ml - This was a new sample for me. I loved it. I have the body spray on self tanner and am excited to try it. No bad odors and noticeable results with just one use. Will repurchase. 

@@RenoFab - Congrats on using up all this stuff.  I am motivated myself.  Feels great to get rid of the stash.

I'm working on recording my inventory. I am giving myself permission to toss what I don't like.

1. Kosmatology Goody-Goody Grapefruit Lotion Bar. It's a great idea and is petroleum Free and paraben free. I don't like using it.

2. Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Exfoliating Firming Tea Mask Tube/Deluxe sample - It doesn't hurt or help my face. I have a tea mask that works wonders on my face. I tried the Cuppa Cuppa a couple times and am going to throw out the rest of the tube.

3. Palma Au Naturale Eye Shadow - It's a sample that I tried out. It did not irritate my eyes, but I am never going to use it.

4. Perlier Shea Butter Intensive Nuturing Body Balm Lavender - I used it for 4 nights in a row and hate it. It barely comes out of the tube, it does not rub on well, and I have other Lavendar body butters that I like much better. Funny thing is that I keep the white almond Perlier at my desk for my hands and have no problems using it.

5. Ellovi Tinted Lip Butter - It feels wet when I put it on as though someone used it before me. I don't like the feeling and have other similiar products.

6. SW Basic Cocoa Lip Balm - I've been using this twice a day, everyday, since late September. I love this brand and this lip balm. It smells good! I tossed it because it seems like a lot of uses. How long can that last while still being safe to use? I have another SW Basic lip balm ready to be used.

6. SW Basic Cocoa Lip Balm - I've been using this twice a day, everyday, since late September. I love this brand and this lip balm. It smells good! I tossed it because it seems like a lot of uses. How long can that last while still being safe to use? I have another SW Basic lip balm ready to be used.
Did yours stay good the whole time?  It seems like mine (we probably got it from the same sub) picked up a gritty texture after a short time.  I haven't tossed it because it still kind of works, but I probably should.

Did yours stay good the whole time?  It seems like mine (we probably got it from the same sub) picked up a gritty texture after a short time.  I haven't tossed it because it still kind of works, but I probably should.
I'm sure it is the same sub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It did become gritty after awhile which I assumed it was caused by the cocoa. Maybe that was a bad assumption. I also bought the peppermint balm (haven't used it much) which hasn't been gritty.

Going through my inventory and tossing more stuff.

1. Juice Beauty Pink Lip Gloss

2. Juice Beauty Champagne Lip Gloss

3. Juice Beauty (I can't read the color) brownish Lip Gloss

4. Juice Beauty Champagne Lip Gloss

I want to like Juice Beauty. I really do. I tried the lip glosses several times and hate them.

5. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair SPF 30 Warm Glow sample - Too dark

6. Gourmet BodyTreats Eye Shadow sample

7. Lily LoLo Choc Fudge Cake Mineral Eye Shadow FS

8. Emani Hybird Creme  Speechless Eye Shadow FS

9. Modern Minerals Lola Shimmer Eye Shadow FS

Giving the eyeshadows to my sister if she wants them. i am unable to use them. I usually give them to her right away. She'll never have to buy eyeshadow again.

Giving the below to my sister if she wants them:

10.Haughty Cosmetics Blush - Polish . Interesting design. It comes with the applicator sponge attached to the bottle. I tried out 2 blushes already and they worked.I have rosacea and don't want to wear blush, but it looks strange in pictures when I have makeup on with no blush.

11. Lorac POREfection modifying Face Primer deluxe sample - Too bad I have to give it up because it is paraben-free. It has salicylic acid which is bad for rosacea. Some websites list it as being OK for rosacea, but when you dig deeper it is not.

12. NouveauOrganica Vegan Cuts Exclusive Organic Cream Colour - Compassion sample size - Not sure if it is a blush, eyeshadow or both. No good for me.

13. Palmetto Derma Retinol & Peptide Lifting Eye Cream deluxe sample (I did not receive this in Jan's GoodeBox. It's from a different sub a few months ago). There is research showing that rosacea can be control by keeping your diet and skin on the alkaline side. Peptides can make it acidic from what I understand. Peptides on your skin may cause/worsen rosacea. This is from a medical research paper. Not good for me.

14. Befine Lip Serum with Chamomile & Beets full size - I don't like how it feels on my lips. I had to wipe it off right away because it felt gross.

15. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream SPF 30 Natural Glow - Not only do I not understand what it is and why I need it, it might irritate my rosacea.

Back