What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My trash for Jan! I think I've finished the last of my decluttering for now. 

Tossing
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel - Yes, I use men's shave gel. This one wouldn't come out of the can though. Guess the dispenser was broken. 
Tom's Natural Deodorant in Wild Lavender (PinchMe)- After a few days I noticed that my armpits were so dry they were CRACKING and RED! Whatttt??? I didn't even know deodorants could do that. Guess I am allergic to something in it. Took several days and lots of aloe to restore conditions. Natural deodorant is apparently not for me.
Elf Blush in Pink Passion - Not my color, too bright pink. Just don't enjoy wearing it and never reach for it so no sense in keeping it around.
Jcat Fantabulous Lipstick in Honey Crisp - I actually like this color, but it broken and I know that even if I went to the trouble of depotting I wouldn't even use it. 
Elf Lipstick in Seductive - Same as above, but more sad because this is a really wearable color for me.
LA Colors Lipgloss and Lipstick Duo in Pleasure - A lovely orangey-red with a pretty good formulation, but the lipstick smells like fake, chemical laden bubble gum, and the gloss just smells like straight chemicals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tossing

1. Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - DS from BirchBox - I used a little bit and put it to the side. I opened it recently and the textured changed.

Handing off to my sister

1. Modern Minerals Shimmer EyeShadow EnPointe - Petit Vour- I can't wear most eyeshadows.

2. Rawskinceuticals Cream Blush -This is the purple blush from Peit Vour. I don't wear blush.

3 &4. Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Shampoo and Conditioner - It did not work well with my hair although the mask works fine.

5. Fekkai Brillant Glossing Styling Creme - deluxe sample from DermStore Mystery Bag. I think it strips the color or at least fades it.

Tom's Natural Deodorant in Wild Lavender (PinchMe)- After a few days I noticed that my armpits were so dry they were CRACKING and RED! Whatttt??? I didn't even know deodorants could do that. Guess I am allergic to something in it. Took several days and lots of aloe to restore conditions. Natural deodorant is apparently not for me.
I tried some Schmidt's natural deodorant and it did the same thing after less than one day.  Also it didn't really work.  Natural deodorant is not for me, either.  (I can only use Dove.  Secret of any kind gives me a rash, too.)

I tried some Schmidt's natural deodorant and it did the same thing after less than one day.  Also it didn't really work.  Natural deodorant is not for me, either.  (I can only use Dove.  Secret of any kind gives me a rash, too.)
Yeah, I had also noticed that it wasn't lasting through the day as well. Still kinda want to try the LaVanilla ones, but I might be waiting for a while...

Yeah, I had also noticed that it wasn't lasting through the day as well. Still kinda want to try the LaVanilla ones, but I might be waiting for a while...
I tried LaVanilla and it was ok for a while. The stick dried out somehow and didn't work that well after that. I've also tried Toms and bunch of other natural ones and none really work for me. I've settled for using Clarins roll on deodorant which seems to work. The problem is that it's not completely natural. Out of the natural ones I've tried, I found that Honest Company's deodorant seems to work. It's a spray and seems to last better and longer than other natural ones I've tried and I haven't got an irritation. My skin is very sensitive so it's hard to find a deodorant that doesn't irritate my skin and is also natural. So far Honest Co and Clarins have been good finds.

Ok I haven't posted in a bit but I have some good used up products on my list today. FINISHED A LITER!!! Wohooooo!!

• AG Hair Cosmetics Color Care Color Savour Conditioner 1 L - I bought this during Beauty Brands liter sale. It retails over $45 but I think I got it for under $10. My hair dresser has been telling me my hair feels great but I honestly think there are better conditioners out there and I did not like that this conditioner was not as moisturizing as I would like. Did save my color though. Moved on to Macadamia products for a change. We shall see. 
  • Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Wash 8 fl oz- I love Pacifica products and this one lathered well but the smell was not really coconut-y. I was disappointed in that but will likely repurchase in another scent since I love Pacifica products for the most part. 
  • CVS Regular Polish Remover 10 fl oz - I go thru a lot of nail polish remover in an effort to get thru my dozens of polishes. I don't think I see a difference in high end polish removers vs these drugstore brands which are like $1.99 so I will keep buying these. I also enjoy the oily nail polish remover pads that are out now and use those occasionally. 
  • Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Latte & Marshmallow Body Lotion 8 fl oz - I absolutely loved this scent. I don't really love B&BW lotions because I find that they are not very moisturizing so I only buy them when it is a scent I absolutely love. I went back to buy more of this scent but they had sold out and I am very much hoping they bring it back this fall. Smells sweet and pumpkin is subtle and also blends well with my sweet perfumes like Prada Candy. 
  • Ulta Bronze Glow Tinted Sunless Spray 6 fl oz - Light to Medium. I try to keep up with my faux tan during the winter. It makes me feel good when my legs or arms are showing and they are not pasty white. This is a great sunless tanner because the spray sprays a wide surface and makes it easy to get your upper back and shoulders without needing assistance. The smell is very subtle and the color payout is very natural and excellent after just one use. I have repurchased in the Medium to Dark shade to start prepping for summer. 
  • Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat 8 ml full size - I have used up at least 3 of these top coats. It is my go-to top coat. It does cause some shrinkage but I find that if you wait about 5 minutes after your last color coat before applying the top coat, the shrinkage is minimal. This top coat gives a great shiny gloss and really does dry very fast. I use it less than one hour before going to bed and have no problem with my manicure drying or getting wrinkles in the sheets overnight. I have already repurchased. 
  • Kinerase Extreme Lift Face with Kinetin 2 ml foil packet - I think this is a face cream based on the  directions. It states it is "a temporary alternative to physician administered treatments". Not sure what that means. I liked it ok but did not see too much of a difference with three uses. It is a gel consistency which I do not like as much as cream moisturizers. Not sure I will repurchase. 
  • RestoreSea Rejuvenating Day Cream with Vibransea Complex foil packet - I liked this face cream. The scent was mild and it mixed well with my makeup routine. Nothing major to say with just a foil packet sample. 
  • GrandCentral Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher 6 ml - I got this in a Birchbox. It seems to be a face scrub but I did not feel much of a scrub in it at all. The consistency is of a gel and it is clear and a little lumpy. Smell is horrible. Kinda acidic smell. I don't think it did much to my face at all. I had to follow it up with a face wash because in and of itself it does not remove makeup or lather. I have another sample of it and will probably give it away if I find it. Will not repurchase. 
  • SeaRx AntiWrinkle Creme deluxe sample - I received this from Birchbox. I did not like the scent or consistency of this face cream. It was a little lumpy and not very moisturizing. I will not be repurchasing. 
  • Minus 417 Hand Cream 3.4 oz - I got this in a GWP from Beauty.com. I really loved it for the office. It really moisturized my hands but did not give me a super greasy feel so I found it easy to keep touching papers and typing without leaving greasy prints everywhere. The smell was very pleasant and mild. May repurchase once I get thru so many of my hand cream samples. 
  • Kiehls Cucumber Alcohol Free Toner 16.9 fl oz. - I love this toner and have been using it for years. The scent is lovely and it is alcohol free so it is less drying than alcohol toners. I use it in the morning to remove any last bit of makeup that may have been left and to freshen my face if I don't want to wash my face. I also use it after showering and washing my face before applying my moisturizer/serum routine. I have repurchased this in the 8.4 fl oz size so that I can travel with it a bit more easily. 
  • Kiehls Rosa Artica Youth Regenerating Cream 2.5 fl. oz. - I absolutely loved this face cream. The smell is devine. The results are actually noticeable after a few weeks. I saw less redness, discoloration and a more plump appearance. I have a deluxe sample size I am currently using but will repurchase this in the future in a full size. 
  • Kiehls Ultra Moisturizing Face Cream with Scrub Particles full size - This product has been discontinued. I started using it over 10 years ago and loved it then but found so many new face scrubs that work better over the past few years and this one got pushed to the background. I found it left a residue on my face and the scrub particles were not very fine or effective. It is funny how your "tried and true" products of 10 years ago change as you troubleshoot your beauty regimen. 
NOTE: Don't forget to take your empties to Origins. They accept ANY beauty or skin careempties as part of their recycling program and will give you Origins deluxe samples to try in exchange. 

Kiehls also has a recycling program. Bring in 10 empty Kiehl's full size bottles and receive a travel size item free. They give you a stamp card to keep track of each of the empty bottles you bring in. 

How is everyone else doing with their empties this month? 

Back