What is your secret for smooth lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apply thick layer of honey or castor oil on my lips, as it will draw the natural moisture to my skin. Sometimes I apply milk cream for soft pink lips. I always apply moisturizer or lip balm before applying lipstick.

I use a lip exfoliator. Benefit used to have a set called Dr. Feelgood Lipscription (I own that one), but I'm looking for the link now and I guess they must have discontinued it! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> bummer... anyway, I usually use my Yes to Carrots pomegranate lip butter (super moisturizing!) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For smooth, soft lips, take a clean damp washcloth and gently rub lips for 60 seconds before applying lipstick. You can carry a soft toothbrush in your handbag or makeup kit for touch-ups during the day or night.
smiletongue.gif

After I wash my teeth I use the toothbrush on my lips and gently scrub for a few seconds. And I use Blistex conditioning lip balm when needed. That's all and I works great for me!

I use PCA Skin Peptide Therapy. It's for those wrinkles around the mouth and the lips. Totally hydrates both areas. I'm 50yrs old, though and for years I smoked cigarettes, but quit 15 yrs ago. Smoking can cause those wrinkle around the mouth.

I just use Vaseline, it's very inexpensive and works wonderfully! I know it seems like I should be doing something else in addition to that, but that method is quick and works fine for me.

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After I wash my teeth I use the toothbrush on my lips and gently scrub for a few seconds. And I use Blistex conditioning lip balm when needed. That's all and I works great for me!

I do the same thing and i works for me and i love my blistexs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't care what anyone else say, Carmex is the best! I gets rid of the dry skin and haves your lips feeling silky smooth. I just don't like the taste of it lol. Sometimes I forget that its there. I also like the mentha lip glosses from Bath and Body Works. They work wonders. And its very cheap too! They often have sales where you buy two and get one free. Every lip gloss is $7.50 so you pay $15 for 3. Thats an amazing deal!

Originally Posted by Aishu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just use Vaseline, it's very inexpensive and works wonderfully! I know it seems like I should be doing something else in addition to that, but that method is quick and works fine for me.

This is actually one of the cheapest investments to make for your lips. It works great.

Originally Posted by patricia716 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do the same thing and i works for me and i love my blistexs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will most definitely have to try to tooth brush thing. It sounds like it would do the job. Really quick and easy. 

I also do the brown sugar and olive oil scrub as I also get very dry lips.

I use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Protectant cream. This stuff is amazing for the lips. Slather this on at night and I wake up with soft moisturised lips. Also this stuff has so many other uses. I always carry one about with me..

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also do the brown sugar and olive oil scrub as I also get very dry lips.

is this an everyday type of thing or here and there as needed?

I  can't remember if Carmex is one of the balms with chopped plexiglass or not.. I love their squeeze tube though.

Putting a bit of vaseline on a towel (or a tooth brush) and rubbing them slightly gets rid of dead skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And i apply vaseline before bed every night, and every morning and throughout the day, just a lip balm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do the same thing - sugar and olive oil scrub.  I also brush my lips everytime I brush my teeth.  During the day, I apply Chap Stick Ultra with spf 30.  At night, I use Vaseline

I mix sugar and honey to scrub my lips or sometimes my toothbrush once or twice a week and then I follow with a good lip balm such as Badger Sweet Orange Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. I love Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balms and they have many different scents/flavors with no nasty taste or residue. And then I try to drink lots of water to avoid getting dehydrated lips/body. 

I "scrub"my lips with a toothbrush :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just rub it gently over my lips, just to get the blood pumping and make them smooth and soft.

After that and during the day I use Vaseline lip jar in rose or cacao butter.

Really inexpensive and effective

so i just left the coconut oil thread. What about using coconut oil on lips? I dont know it its the right texture to do much moisturizing long term... any one ever tried it?

I have probably my only bad habit, which is biting my lips. When i'm irritated, stressed, after i eat anything sugary... really just all the time. so my lips are dry, and that makes me pester them more of course. I should try some of these scrubs. Luckily my lips heal well over night when they are left alone but i'll try some of these. Going on a trip in a month so see a special someone, would be a good thing i think :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back