What is your secret for smooth lips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to wear Carmex, Loccitane, Body Shop, Blistex, Mario Badescu, Decleor (plus exfoliating my lip, too). Never has chapped lips in my life. Carmex is the best and the cheapest. But as it has sacylic acid, I gotta say bye to it since I'm pregnant. Now I'm using home made lip balm (beewax+olive oil+honey+vitamin E). Super good and 100% natural. And I think in terms of cost, this is truly the cheapest ^^

when i'm super dry i lather vaseline all over my lips and face, i'd use it as a mask for a few hours then wash it off.

for daily care i use Rescue balm (Smells petrifying but works a miracle) or loccitane's shea butter

i'm looking to try some lipscrub though!

I scrub it when it brush my teeth and I apply Chap Stick Ultra during the day and Vaseline at night.

i used to use burt's bees chapstick and i used to swear by it, but it turned out like carmex where you need to constantly reapply to not feel dry.  i now swear by MAC's lip conditioner.  i have it in the pot form and the twist up lipstick tube type.  i no longer feel like i need to reapply, i just reapply because i love the smell and feel of it.  i can apply it early and my lips still feel very moisturized many hours later.  i haven't had any dry or cracked lips since i started using MAC's lip conditioner.  i started out with just the lip conditioner in the pot and my husband liked it so well that i bought him the version in the l/s tube type.  however, he thinks the lip conditioner looks too girly so he will only use it at home! lol  he must drink much more water than i do b/c his lips are never dry or chapped and he rarely uses anything on them!  us girls go through a lot more with all the drying lipsticks and products that we use, so i think lip moisturizing is more important to us women.

I also use the Body Shop's lip scrub.  it's basically a lip conditioner with micro-scrubbie things in it.  if feels wonderful and minty!  takes all dry skin right off.  sometimes after i moisturize after my shower, i apply the lip scrub and leave it on, rubbing my lips together off and on, and then clean it off when it's time to apply lipstick or gloss. i've heard of the sugar lip scrub, but have never needed to go that far. what i mentioned that i use is all i've ever done for lip exfoliation and it's worked like a charm!

Dip a Q-tip or cotton pad into olive oil, gentlly rub into your lips. Do this everyday, it works amazing

I mix up my own sugar scrub with certain fresh juices, a special sugar which is nearly black and high in natural acids and minerals, a blend of different natural oils, and a number of other ingredients. It can be used on the body, gently on the face, and the lips. Great for rough, dry hands too, as we've been discovering. And it doesn't leave you feeling greasy. Just exfoliated and soft with no need for body cream. But I won't post all the ingredients as this is one of the products I will be selling in the future. Still getting additional feedback on it from people.

Back