Why is my hair dry and frizzy, poofy, ugly? (Frustration! Please read)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

I can understand your pain. I've had hair like since 5th grade. My hair use to be soft, smooth and wave but not it's really thick, frizzy and poofy.

All I can say is, try your best not to put chemicals in your hair. One of the reasons your hair is probably like that is you were using chemicals for your hair but then suddenly stops. Thus, your hair has become like so.

I suggest cutting it a little past shoulder length, so you can put it up, and get it thinned out every 2-3 months or so.

Another thing is, try natural treatments. Egg whites, olive oil, and avocados are good choices. I use olive oil. If you're wondering how I use it, I shampoo my hair while in the shower and rinse it out well(I use L'Oreal Advance Haircare- Smooth Intense). Then I apply the olive to the ENDS of my hair. Do not get it near your roots because then your hair will appear oily and greasy. 

I then leave it in for a while and do whatever in the shower, rinse it out as well as I can, and then condition. If there's a little left and you can't wash it out, that's fine.

DO NOT blow dry or flat iron, etc. Don't apply heat to your hair. If you're in a hurry, use a comb and blow dry downwards. Don't get the heat too close to your hair.

Here are some other tips:

1) Don't use a brush, it'll make your hair more poofy

2) When combing your hair, start from the bottom and then start making your way up. Just combing from the top, down isn't good for your hair.

2) Don't wash your hair too much. Limit it to at least every other day.

4) Let your hair down at home. Your hair needs to rest and having it up all the time will slow down it's growth rate.

5) Remember, no heat, no chemicals.

And don't worry how people think of you. If you're conscious, just put your hair up when you go out. Don't straighten it because you have no idea how much that hurts your hair.

Sincerely, someone that understands. c: 

P.S. It'll take time but I promise you, it will be worth it. 

It could do with diet... hormones... maybe the shampoo and conditioner your using... try a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and use a leave in hair conditioner... give it a full 2 weeks to see a difference. Try to eat more omega and vitamin e and fresh foods good for your body. :yesss:

I have thin fine hair, and I have tried everything under the sun to control my frizz!  My hair always looks good, but it just takes forever to get it smooth and shiny.........until I started using the Shielo Leave in Protectant.  I use this product when my hair is still wet.  WORKS WONDERS ON FRIZZ!!  And since my hair is so fine and thin, I have to be very careful with using products that they don't weight my hair down, AND THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WEIGH DOWN FINE/THIN HAIR!  It is WONDERFUL.  So if you're the least big skeptical, DON'T BE, GO BUY IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!  You will be glad you did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

^Egg helps with protein, moisture ,etc.

And I just got a trim a week ago : (. Its been like this as long as I could remember. My hairs straight, but a bit wavy too. Also, I have thick hair, which is odd for my ethnicity (chinese). When I go get a hair cut they always comment on how much hair I have haha. 
I have coarse, straight Asian hair, my mum was Chinese but my dad was half Japanese and half Anglo-Indian.   I use a fantastic product - Pro Naturals Hair Repair System.   My daughter has curly hair and because she swims and sails a great deal she needed something that would stop her hair from frizzing.   She tried mine when she was home last and now she is addicted to it as well.   My son just uses the Moroccan Argan oil leave in conditioner.  Look for it on the website and see for yourself.

Back