Winter 2015 Box of Style: Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replacement? why did you need a replacement? guess i missed something... 
My black band didn't fit (was too big) and when I tried to put it in it scratched the watch. I emailed them last month and I think they are sending a new band.

The weird thing was, I got the same notice you get when your entire box ships, and I was wondering if this was an error or what was going on.

But if it's just me and none of you received the message it's probably the watch band on its way.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Were there two sizes of watch band?

I bought a third one (pink) from Cluse themselves. Is that who you contacted or did you go through Box of Style and that's who you got the email from?

It'd be pretty sweet if you got a whole new box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought the pink band from their website as well. It was kind of tricky putting it on. There are little "latches" you have to pull down when clipping the band on the watch. 

I will be getting my first box in December (so excited).  I just received in an email yesterday telling to verify address, etc. (which is cool).

The one part I didn't quite understand is that my account will renew (I assume be charged) on November 15th and if I want to cancel I need to do so before that date.   I checked the FAQs and I get the hows and whys of the renewal but it says: "Seasonal Box of Style Subscriptions can be canceled during the subscription period, but only after receipt of the first season’s box. If you would like to cancel your seasonal subscription after receiving the first box, then make sure to do so before the 15th of the month prior to receiving your next box; otherwise you will continue to be billed for the following month’s box."

Am I right in reading that means the VERY FIRST box that went out awhile back?  I mean, I don't have to wait to get my first box do I?

I will probably not cancel (although I don't like paying for my next box before getting my first).  But, I wanted to know for sure.

Thanks in advance!!

Really hoping this puppy doesn't sell out before Thursday, decided kind of last minute to buy one, but I need to wait until payday. Here's hoping!

The one part I didn't quite understand is that my account will renew (I assume be charged) on November 15th and if I want to cancel I need to do so before that date.   I checked the FAQs and I get the hows and whys of the renewal but it says: "Seasonal Box of Style Subscriptions can be canceled during the subscription period, but only after receipt of the first season’s box. If you would like to cancel your seasonal subscription after receiving the first box, then make sure to do so before the 15th of the month prior to receiving your next box; otherwise you will continue to be billed for the following month’s box."
I would read that as if you sign up for a seasonal sub, you can't cancel it until after you get your first box, and you need to cancel it before the 15th of the month before the next box or else you'll get the second box too. 

I would read that as if you sign up for a seasonal sub, you can't cancel it until after you get your first box, and you need to cancel it before the 15th of the month before the next box or else you'll get the second box too.
Hmmmm......not sure I like that.  At least give me the chance to decide if I like the box I haven't received yet! 

I suppose I could cancel and then try to sign back up so long as space permits.

@

I think it must be a typo. You won't be charged for your second box before you've received your first.

I wrote it down somewhere...

Okay, they charge on the 15th of the month prior to shipping out. So if you were ALREADY a subscriber (and this isn't your first box), you would have to unsub before November 15th in order to NOT get (and be charged for) the December box.

Once you get your December box, you have until the 15th of February to unsubscribe for the box shipping in March.

Hmmmm......not sure I like that.  At least give me the chance to decide if I like the box I haven't received yet! 

I suppose I could cancel and then try to sign back up so long as space permits.
Keep in mind this is a quarterly box though...you would have like a month and a half to enjoy the first box, wouldn't you?

Rachel Zoe did an exclusive interview with MSA, and hinted at a LE box.
Woo!  I have fell out of love with many sub boxes...but Zoe feels so exciting and fresh. I have a huge pile of sub box items to gift...but I actually USE most of the things I have gotten from the Box of Style.

My husband finally noticed that my Cluse watch had many different band colors...and also a white face!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I could not resist adding to my watch accesories...but I adore that I was introduced to something I loved enough to buy more of.

I really love that not only do you get the box...but she does the videos ABOUT the boxes, and then the added extras on the Zoe Report that connect it all together. The box feels like it is part of something bigger, not just a thrown together afterthought.

December can't get here soon enough! 

edit: And the fact she (and her team) took the time to answer questions from MSA readers is awesome. They really are putting effort into this box and it shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo!  I have fell out of love with many sub boxes...but Zoe feels so exciting and fresh. I have a huge pile of sub box items to gift...but I actually USE most of the things I have gotten from the Box of Style.

My husband finally noticed that my Cluse watch had many different band colors...and also a white face!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I could not resist adding to my watch accesories...but I adore that I was introduced to something I loved enough to buy more of.

I really love that not only do you get the box...but she does the videos ABOUT the boxes, and then the added extras on the Zoe Report that connect it all together. The box feels like it is part of something bigger, not just a thrown together afterthought.

edit: And the fact she (and her team) took the time to answer questions from MSA readers is awesome. They really are putting effort into this box and it shows.
OMG. I LOVE my Cluse LA BOHÈME Rose Gold Watch.  I also bought a couple of bands - pink & light blue (red was sold out) - it was really easy.  It will make a GREAT gift for Christmas too. I have an extra one to gift :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So many looks from one adorable watch.  Go Rachel Zoe Box of Style!

Roll on winter!  I cannot wait until we get that ring.   

EDIT:  Just noticed that Cluse watch in Rose Gold Black face with black strap is sold out on their website. 

Woo! I have fell out of love with many sub boxes...but Zoe feels so exciting and fresh. I have a huge pile of sub box items to gift...but I actually USE most of the things I have gotten from the Box of Style.

I feel exactly the same way! This box feels so carefully thought out & very personal.

My parents are recording "Fashionably Late with Rachel Zoe" for me tonight.  I have never seen the show but I'm looking forward to watching Rachel and Nina Garcia interact.  I imagine it will go like this:

NG: I had a sub box first, you know.  I'm a trendsetter. 

RZ: Yeah, but I am actually involved with mine and it ships on time.  ZING!!!

My parents are recording "Fashionably Late with Rachel Zoe" for me tonight.  I have never seen the show but I'm looking forward to watching Rachel and Nina Garcia interact.  I imagine it will go like this:

NG: I had a sub box first, you know.  I'm a trendsetter. 

RZ: Yeah, but I am actually involved with mine and it ships on time.  ZING!!!
Hahahaaa Bahaaahahaaahahaha!

I actually asked one of the other curators when their quarterly box was shipping and she said she had no idea but quarterly had all her stuff. 

Soooo, now I *really* have to blame Quarterly. I unsubbed from Rosario and felt bad but it's too late for Summer and Quarterly doesn't deserve my money >:|

Now what Nina should do is make her own sub box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, if RZ does a Limited Edition Holiday Box of Style, I'm buying it. (as long as it's not just full of past items... although...) 

@

I think it must be a typo. You won't be charged for your second box before you've received your first.

I wrote it down somewhere...

Okay, they charge on the 15th of the month prior to shipping out. So if you were ALREADY a subscriber (and this isn't your first box), you would have to unsub before November 15th in order to NOT get (and be charged for) the December box.

Once you get your December box, you have until the 15th of February to unsubscribe for the box shipping in March.
Ok....that makes sense (I think!).  I was charged when I signed up so I can't unsubscribe for this box (winter).  I'll have the option to cancel before the spring box though. 

That works.  I'm sure I'll stay subscribed.  I just get confused with the canceling stuff....before this, no later than that, etc. etc. 

So this is my first box of style...yay!!!! My question is when does she reveal it?? Before or after it ships??

Back