Somebody Stop Me!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so after having spent about $200 at IMATS this weekend as well as getting some freebies I went and bought some more stuff.  I found this little clothing store that sold Kleancolor palettes and I ended up buying 2.  THEN I went to a couple 99 cent stores and bout about 7 more items.  THEN I went back to Cinema Secrets and bought some stuff.  Serisously...Somebody STOP ME!!!!!!!!! How do you all deal with your makeup addictions? 

LOL

Sorry Bonnie, I'm no help because I'd just be broke along side you in feeding my own addiction. LOL

OH NO! I know how you feel. I do that too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I spent a lot of money last month 'cause the mall was on my way home.

Here are some things I do:

1. I hide my credit card at home! and put in a small amount on my debit card or carry cash with me.

2. I also try to keep myself busy with something else - like photography or going to the gym.

3. Cleaning my room and bathroom - i find things I never used or wore before!!!

4. Go for a walk or hang out with your family. ie. play board games.

5. Play with your already existing makeup.

6. Ask yourself - do I need this? -

I always browse department stores... find an item.. hold on to the item, and at the end realize that I don't need it and I put it back.

7. DONT CHECK YOUR EMAIL! lol... i often get GOOD DEALS in my email, but then I realize it's just another marketing gimmick to make me buy more shit.

Another thing I do is I check my CREDIT CARD BALANCE - a few times a week - to keep myself from going over my budget.

In fact, I have to do that right now to see if I didn't spent too much. Phew.

I use the bf's card to buy stuff or her gives me cash since I dont work haha.  Even if I try my mind will be like....go to the store...buy more 

Oh no! That's a tough one. Maybe you can avoid using his card or ask him to not give your his card, unless it's an emergency and if you need groceries, maybe you can go together. I tend to never buy things I don't need when my boyfriend is around shopping with me.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the bf's card to buy stuff or her gives me cash since I dont work haha.  Even if I try my mind will be like....go to the store...buy more 

I actually buy more when he's with me LMAO.   We go grocery shopping together every weekend and my first stop is the makeup section ><  ahhhh

EEEk! OMG Bonnie! LOL... I get out of control sometimes...  I'm not a big clothing shopper, mainly because I'm trying to lose weight so i dont need to buy clothes right now... But I also have a whole house hold of kids, 3 to be exact, to feed, clean up after, bathe, hang out with you know the drill. I don't work either but its also a hassle for me to go out to the store to buy makeup... I also agree with Muse. Play with the old stuff... Or have you thought about maybe selling some of your old stuff and put money in your "makeup addiction" jar? Speaking of Jar I think I need to start one for myself lol there's soooooo many things out there that I want to get but can't afford with mortgage and all these other bills... =(

lol Sorry i wasn't of any help... but good luck! You can do it Bonnie... plus you got some new stuff to play with from IMATS...

OH NO! lol... he sounds like a really nice boyfriend though...he doesn't mind that you spend on his credit card?

I actually buy more when he's with me LMAO.   We go grocery shopping together every weekend and my first stop is the makeup section ><  ahhhh

No, we're practically married, we've been living together for 4 years, we have a 2 year old and  he's the worker while im the housewife haha

Do you work as a freelance mua? Not sure if you have a portfolio...but...
You could start a makeup artist profile on ModelMayhem.com and look for free models to work on/practice with.

I signed up and the makeup artists were practicing on me. You could even get a student photographer to snap photos for your portfolio ( FREE )

Just an idea I have...you could use your makeup...and you could possibly turn it into a business..??? Who knows!

Haha part with makeup?   I don't think I could do that!

Oh wow!!

I'm with my bf for 5 years now, but we don't live together until I get married. I'm kind of old-fashioned. lol

No, we're practically married, we've been living together for 4 years, we have a 2 year old and  he's the worker while im the housewife haha

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you work as a freelance mua? Not sure if you have a portfolio...but...

You could start a makeup artist profile on ModelMayhem.com and look for free models to work on/practice with.

I signed up and the makeup artists were practicing on me. You could even get a student photographer to snap photos for your portfolio ( FREE )

Just an idea I have...you could use your makeup...and you could possibly turn it into a business..??? Who knows!
Lol xina has been trying to get me to do makeup on other ppl but I'm so scared :X  I've only really been doing my own for a few months.

Have you taken any courses? Maybe you could take workshops or a few classes to gain confidence, then practice on your friends, snap some photos, upload on ModelMayhem.

You can also advertise on craigslist 'Looking for girls to practice on' and start off doing it for free/small fee...to gain experience.

You have what it takes! there's a lot of crappy MUA on modelmayhem, and I think you can do better than them!

Lol xina has been trying to get me to do makeup on other ppl but I'm so scared :X  I've only really been doing my own for a few months.

Haha part with makeup?   I don't think I could do that!

LMAO... just a thought? haha...

Bonnie have you tried practicing on friends? A lot of my friends ask me to do their makeup for parties, weddings, engagements and stuff like that... It's great practice. And don't be scared! I was too but you LOVE MAKEUP so I'm sure you would be confident and be great at applying makeup on other people... It's actually really fun. Just think of it as a make over =) Make overs are really fun... Maybe we should all get together and have a make over party! that would be cool! Just a thought hehe

I only have guy friends here sadly  hahaha  I dont think theyd let me, but I have been interested in taking a class.

I totally want to go to makeup school... But my schedule and wallet won't let me LOL... Maybe we can get a few of the girls on here if they are from the LA are to get together?

Back