Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

Birchbox - February 2012 boxes

P228913_hero.jpgBeauty blender is an egg shaped cosmetic sponge. It's non-latex and has a very long life span unlike normal cosmetic sponges. Best used if damp. The rounder bottom part can be used to stipple on foundation or blend out foundation if applied with a brush or fingers while the pointed side can be used under the eyes and around the nose. It usually retails for around $20 just for the Blender while the travel set (sponge and 3 oz cleaner) sells on Birchbox for under $24. A blender with a 5 oz cleanser typically retails for around $35 on Sephora.

I own it and love. I recently (in December/January) replaced my old one (cats got to it along with several of my favorite kabuki brushes).

There ARE less expensive versions including Sonia Kashuk for under $10 that includes the sponge and cleanser. Sephora also has one for $12 just for the sponge.

beautyblender_giftset_300x300_1.jpg

Beauty Blender Travel

13555356.jpg

Sonia Kashuk

P243309_hero.jpg

Sephora

Cosmopolitan-blend-perfection-sponge.jpgForgot to mention, those in the UK there is another dupe called the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection. It's apparently available at Super Drug in the UK.

• Like 1

There is also a brand called SOHO Beauty that is sold at drugstores that sells a Beauty Blender dupe as well. I don't have a picture, but it is pink and the same shape except for the SOHO one has a bit of a seam going through the sponge. I am neutral on whether or no they include a BB in the box. I already have one, but it would be nice to have a backup fro when I am ready to start using a new one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

P228913_hero.jpgBeauty blender is an egg shaped cosmetic sponge. It's non-latex and has a very long life span unlike normal cosmetic sponges. Best used if damp. The rounder bottom part can be used to stipple on foundation or blend out foundation if applied with a brush or fingers while the pointed side can be used under the eyes and around the nose. It usually retails for around $20 just for the Blender while the travel set (sponge and 3 oz cleaner) sells on Birchbox for under $24. A blender with a 5 oz cleanser typically retails for around $35 on Sephora.

I own it and love. I recently (in December/January) replaced my old one (cats got to it along with several of my favorite kabuki brushes).

There ARE less expensive versions including Sonia Kashuk for under $10 that includes the sponge and cleanser. Sephora also has one for $12 just for the sponge.

beautyblender_giftset_300x300_1.jpg

Beauty Blender Travel

13555356.jpg

Sonia Kashuk

P243309_hero.jpg

Sephora

Cosmopolitan-blend-perfection-sponge.jpgForgot to mention, those in the UK there is another dupe called the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection. It's apparently available at Super Drug in the UK.

I have the Sonia K one.  it sits in my drawer lol.  I use my buffing brush more than anything.  I am with most, dont really need a beauty blender.  If i get it, i will give it away to a friend of something.

Awesome! I'd love to get a Beauty Blender. Even if you already have one, I hear they wear out after awhile so a spare might be nice. The only other thing besides the Dermalogica products and Eye Rock liners that I think I can make out is the large brownish bottle in the middle with the white top. I think it's this Juice Beauty product:

JB007-blemish-clearing-seru.jpg

The two things on the far left look like make-up. Since they dropped the hint that they'd be sampling face make up in February, I'd venture a guess that they're foundations. On FB they polled which type of foundation fans preferred: liquid, stick or powder. The tube could be a stick and the flat one could be a compact?

Originally Posted by atrid View Post

I think this is the picture in question. 

birch.jpg

Originally Posted by BeautyByAnnie View Post

There is also a brand called SOHO Beauty that is sold at drugstores that sells a Beauty Blender dupe as well. I don't have a picture, but it is pink and the same shape except for the SOHO one has a bit of a seam going through the sponge. I am neutral on whether or no they include a BB in the box. I already have one, but it would be nice to have a backup fro when I am ready to start using a new one.

I know exactly the one you're talking about. It's the SOHO Beauty Sponge and it's sold at Walmart, Target and Walgreens. I haven't seen it at RiteAid or Fred Meyer yet and we don't have a CVS in my state so no idea if it's sold there.

soho beauty sponge.jpg

Taken at my local Walgreens in early January.

I got my January 2012 box after I signed up for a monthly subscription. I still haven't been billed for the February box.
Doesn't the monthly subscription bill you automatically for the next month's box on the 1st of every month?

Or am I supposed to manually re-order everytime?

You should automatically be billed on the first of every month.

Originally Posted by Lady SilverX View Post

I got my January 2012 box after I signed up for a monthly subscription. I still haven't been billed for the February box.
Doesn't the monthly subscription bill you automatically for the next month's box on the 1st of every month?

Or am I supposed to manually re-order everytime?

Oh man, if you ladies have been wanting to try the beauty blender but have been hesitating... I can not speak more highly of another product. It really gives me the best results, it is amazing. I will never go back.

The beauty blender looks interesting, but I don't use liquid foundation :(  
I use powder foundation. If I get this product, what could I do with it? 

I love my Sonia Kashuk BLUE beauty blender. I hate my pink one. When you wet the blue one, it gets all puffed up and it's very soft and squishy. I use it with liquid and cream foundation. It really makes a huge difference then using my finger or a brush. Now I think SK changed their beauty blender because I got a pink one and it does not expand when you wet it, nor is it squishy. I find it much harder to use and it tugs on my skin too much when I try and apply my foundation.

If they are sending beauty blenders I hope they are similar to my blue SK one.

I have the pink one.  I cant stand it.  When i use it my makeup is streaky and Im like why :'( now i know.  I thought it just sucked, now i know it does but that is because it doesnt do what everyone has said it should do.  Thank you

Originally Posted by aftereight View Post

I love my Sonia Kashuk BLUE beauty blender. I hate my pink one. When you wet the blue one, it gets all puffed up and it's very soft and squishy. I use it with liquid and cream foundation. It really makes a huge difference then using my finger or a brush. Now I think SK changed their beauty blender because I got a pink one and it does not expand when you wet it, nor is it squishy. I find it much harder to use and it tugs on my skin too much when I try and apply my foundation.

If they are sending beauty blenders I hope they are similar to my blue SK one.

Sell it :)

Originally Posted by Tulipp View Post

The beauty blender looks interesting, but I don't use liquid foundation :(  
I use powder foundation. If I get this product, what could I do with it? 

I am so excited for this month. I hope I get the eyeliner thing and I wouldnt mind trying the egg shaped thiny. Also, hopefully i get a cleanser.

lol well last month (my first month) I wasnt able to view what was in my box until the day after I received it...

Originally Posted by WarPaint1739 View Post

I'm going to try hard and not peak this month!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but I've been subscribed to Birchbox since March of last year!

I have actually been eyeing the BB lately and was planning on getting it from the Birchbox shop (10 points away from getting it for free!) so I would be thrilled to see it in this month's box!

Originally Posted by iamlaurelanne View Post

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but I've been subscribed to Birchbox since March of last year!

I have actually been eyeing the BB lately and was planning on getting it from the Birchbox shop (10 points away from getting it for free!) so I would be thrilled to see it in this month's box!

Welcome aboard! Glad you are here. :)

I just seen on BB faecbook page they have a link it said that some boxes this month will contain WEI Pomegranate buffing beads and Dermalogica daily microfcliant...I have the Dermalogica hoping for the WEI!

I wouldnt mind getting either! both are new to me :)

Originally Posted by lady41 View Post

I just seen on BB faecbook page they have a link it said that some boxes this month will contain WEI Pomegranate buffing beads and Dermalogica daily microfcliant...I have the Dermalogica hoping for the WEI!